• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
unwDHuB.jpg

qUeTcmK.jpg

1XXTtjX.jpg

Fd9qB2t.jpg

WqP80nI.jpg

MO2Zu6G.jpg

gM1CstH.jpg

kyYaaCr.jpg

nbliQli.jpg

k9PLDaA.jpg

o4axRZl.jpg

vYai6qe.jpg

https://www.4gamer.net/games/305/G030589/20190617077/

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn.

I don't even know if I should bother with the original (never played)

Anyway, I'm glad industry-leading-in-visuals Square is back.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What resolution are these at? Game looks great but it seems like they havent shown anything over 1080p.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Some are quite bullshotty (the beautifully saturated one with the buster sword in the foreground specially) but, regardless, dayum

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
This game continues to look exactly as I'd hoped. I'm gonna spend so many extra hours just taking in the new scale of Midgar

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There is at least 1 person too many looking at Cloud and his sword in the subway, he blends right in and no one would give him a second look

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Allow me to take the opportunity to recommend everyone that hasn't yet- watch Maximilian Dood's recent video where he talks about playing the closed-doors demo (entire bombing mission).

This game is going to be special.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
This game couldn't feasibly look any better, they did an incredible job, I need this on my PC though...

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
This is a great showcase for art, animation and tech. Hopefully the game looking so amazing will not take away from the game having enough content.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Ooh so that's our first real look into the remake slums? Seems like the train graveyard. (Don Corneos sewers don't count imo because you can't see anything from there)

Those cobblestone roads look like they are in dire need of higher AF though.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Have we seen "Punisher Mode" in action yet?
Journalists did behind closed doors. You automatically do a counter hit back to enemies after being hit, and get staggered if they hit you while you attack in it. Every character has a different mode like that.

These are definitely bullshots, but still incredible. The one of Cloud from the front with the sword in particular is absurd, like some really good concept art.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Damn damn damn.

I can't believe this is shaping up to be one of my most hyped games of the gen. I was SURE they'd f this up, and so far I have been wrong...

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
The fact it looks so perfect for what you'd want from a FF7 remake makes it all the more tragic they're going to fuck it up adding a bunch of new poorly written nonsense and god knows what else with the release structure.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I don't like that standalone Cloud render for some reason I can't put my finger on but everything else is disgustingly gorgeous.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I need this beauty on PC :(

Is this still a console exclusive or a PS4 exclusive?

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Interesting that Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith all have East Asian features. Yuffie being from that world's version of Japan kinda made me think she was the only Asian character in the party. Now I wonder what Cid Highwind will look like?