• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ThatPersonGuy

Dec 30, 2018
I'm reading through this thread a few times and it's still not quite clicking with me. I completely understand and agree with the broader social trends of conventional attractiveness alongside Eurocentric ideals. I'm not, uh, seeing it with Barret. I guess he looks lighter skinned now? But I'm looking at this image of him and I'm struggling to see something that isn't straight up GOLD DRESS BLUE DRESS type "I cannot into lighting color theory" bullshit.
ffviir_barret.jpg

Seriously am I dense? Has something slipped by my radius? Am I not black enough to note these textual subtlties? I mean, I think I'm black but nowhere has made me question this more than ResetERA, which I'm certain is a beautiful kaleidoscope of diversity. What is this.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading through this thread a few times and it's still not quite clicking with me. I completely understand and agree with the broader social trends of conventional attractiveness alongside Eurocentric ideals. I'm not, uh, seeing it with Barret. I guess he looks lighter skinned now? But I'm looking at this image of him and I'm struggling to see something that isn't straight up GOLD DRESS BLUE DRESS type "I cannot into lighting color theory" bullshit.
ffviir_barret.jpg

Seriously am I dense? Has something slipped by my radius? Am I not black enough to note these textual subtlties? I mean, I think I'm black but nowhere has made me question this more than ResetERA, which I'm certain is a beautiful kaleidoscope of diversity. What is this.
Scroll up instead of using the old images.

May 9, 2019
ffviir_barret.jpg

That's not his current model thats the old one.
This is a new level of stupid.
It's stupid for those who can't understand where the complaints are coming from.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's stupid for those who can't understand where the complaints are coming from.
I do get where it's coming from, whitewashing is obviously a thing. As a dark skinned minority, it's embedded itself deep within my own culture.
but the idea that black people have to now fit into a very specific mold of what a stereotypical black person should look like is stupid IMO.

like should all black characters should have: curly hair, obviously rounded noses, skin shades darker than whatever subjective bar I have.
what about diversity amongst black people?
People actually discounting black people for "not being black enough" thing is an actual issue too...