• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should happen to Aerith in the FFVIIR saga?

• She should die, it's her destiny

Votes: 395 57.7%
  • She should live, fuck destiny

Votes: 289 42.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Ok could someone PLEASE tell me how to get the last two side missions that M is supposed to give you in Chapter 9?? I said no deal on the coin toss, spent 3k on fancy massage and nothing! Still gave me party never sleeps from Sam instead of her two. Ugh.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Ok could someone PLEASE tell me how to get the last two side missions that M is supposed to give you in Chapter 9?? I said no deal on the coin toss, spent 3k on fancy massage and nothing! Still gave me party never sleeps from Sam instead of her two. Ugh.
I believe the key is either to say Tifa is in great shape or is a great fighter. When you first meet Sam.
EDIT: Got it wrong
Shes in Great shape gets you party never sleeps
Shes Great at the books gives you the other set

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

I think you have to say no to Johnny and then not follow him at all, No deal to the coin toss, and then pick a specific massage. I dont think it was the luxury one when I did it. There could be another way to getting it done though.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

The way I got it was: Pick heads, don't go or talk with the guy at the hotel, don't follow Johnny, pay luxury massage.
That's how I got the M's quests.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
If the Lifestream Black/White stuff is to be believed, then Aerith ought to know that Cloud is Sephiroth's horcrux and I'm doubtful she'd just let him die. He needs to die, but whether he actually will (or if he'll stay dead) is another thing.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
lol for real

He's the most popular character in the entire franchise

Square wouldn't even let Tidus stay dead/gone/whatever he was

yep even with his head blown off in the novel and he's perfectly fine if X-3 ever happens but I wont go into that here cause I know many aren't into the idea of it happening like myself. Point is that Cloud is not gonna die. I expect Faux deaths at most.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, why?

Someone catch me up on this Cloud needs to die theory

Some people believe that Cloud is Sephiroth's "tether" to the universe and as long as Cloud is alive Sephiroth can just keep coming back even though literally nothing about the original game, Advent Children or Crisis Core insinuates this is the truth.

It's basically the "Sephiroth is Cloud's Darkness!!!!" thing from Kingdom Hearts but transplanted back into VII.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Cloud's gonna say "I cannot kill myself so please Zack..." Zack will kill him while crying and he and Aerith will have a son named Cloud... or a daughter named Claudia.

I could see it going more the other way. People are too fond of Cloud compared to Zack. Replacing the hero so literally just feels wrong.

They will name their daughter Lightning.

Literally looked like her
new-final-fantasy-7-remake-trailer-shows-off-the-games-theme-song-and-also-cross-dressing-cloud.jpg

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Wait, why?

Someone catch me up on this Cloud needs to die theory
He's Sephiroth's horcrux. The reason Sephiroth is able to come back in Advent Children (and possibly Remake if that truly is Advent Children Sephiroth) is because of his connection with Cloud. Sephiroth specifically chose to make Cloud his anchor, and so long as the latter remembers him, he'll always be able to come back.

This information is from a translation of Lifestream Black (short story prequel to Advent Children Nojima wrote way back when) that's read in this podcast, starts some time around the 25 minute mark, I think?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
He's Sephiroth's horcrux. The reason Sephiroth is able to come back in Advent Children (and possibly Remake if that truly is Advent Children Sephiroth) is because of his connection with Cloud. Sephiroth specifically chose to make Cloud his anchor, and so long as the latter remembers him, he'll always be able to come back.

This information is from a translation of Lifestream Black (short story prequel to Advent Children Nojima wrote way back when) that's read in this podcast, starts some time around the 25 minute mark, I think?

He came back in Advent Children because of Kadaj absorbing Jenova's head/genetic material, not because of anything Cloud did.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
I believe the key is either to say Tifa is in great shape or is a great fighter. When you first meet Sam.
EDIT: Got it wrong
Shes in Great shape gets you party never sleeps
Shes Great at the books gives you the other set
I think you have to say no to Johnny and then not follow him at all, No deal to the coin toss, and then pick a specific massage. I dont think it was the luxury one when I did it. There could be another way to getting it done though.
The way I got it was: Pick heads, don't go or talk with the guy at the hotel, don't follow Johnny, pay luxury massage.
That's how I got the M's quests.

Thanks and damn yeah it seems random lol. Googling gets many results too. I'm going to try selecting she's great with books, 3k and no deal (as heads and 1k massage didn't get me Ms missions either).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So is Sephiroth just the new Caius now? Caius already the most overpowered ff villain... now we needed another one lol.

They're basically just completely wholesale repeating plot points from the FFXIII series at this point, because Nomura, Toriyama and Nojima writing together is a nightmare scenario. It's like a moebius strip of bad ideas. Impossible to tell where one bad idea ends and the next one begins.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
i got them on my first playthrough

i said tifa is a great fighter, asked "how much" at the inn, followed johnny but disagreed with his stupid pseudo-poetic bullshit, said no deal to playing sam's bullshit game, bought the most expensive massage, said aeris's outfit looked comfortable

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
They're basically just completely wholesale repeating plot points from the FFXIII series at this point, because Nomura, Toriyama and Nojima writing together is a nightmare scenario. It's like a moebius strip of bad ideas. Impossible to tell where one bad idea ends and the next one begins.

You're not wrong. Caius was a fantastic villain but his power basically came from the fact he was immortal and only a single person can kill him. That's just cheating in terms of power more like and doesn't make it any interesting. So if it's like this with Cloud and Sephiroth i'm gonna be mad.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
speaking of scarlet, what did people think of her portrayal in the remake? i thought her campy dominatrix-type personality fun even if the sexualization is unnecessary

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Yeah what I posted was probably a bit unclear. The sexualization is probably needed to sell that dominatrix-style personality. The question is if it's worth it I guess hah

It thought she was cool, cartoony but cool. Heideger was kinda disappointing but his portrayal is actually the same in og so, there's that.

Hojo was probably the best villain, such a disgusting being.

Sand_Fox

Apr 21, 2020
I heard Ultimania is out today. Do we know anyone who will be translating some story bits and interviews?
I just got the Ultimenia this morning and skimmed through it. There is a section where they talk about the ending in addition to a detailed interview with Nomura, Kitase, and Nojima, below are some of the answers they gave regarding the next installment.

-They don't plan to remove locations and scenes that the fans expect to see from the original in the next installments, and that the continuation of the remake will not be entirely different from the OG. Nojima even mentioned that he would like to add villages from CC.
-They have a general image of the total number of parts for the remake, but can't talk about it now.
-Nomura promised that the fans will get all the answers for the ending in the next installments, and hopefully he talk about it in a few years.

It's a lengthy interview with a lot of story bits, I just wrote the most important things they mentioned from the the top of my head, hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.