• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should happen to Aerith in the FFVIIR saga?

• She should die, it's her destiny

Votes: 395 57.7%
  • She should live, fuck destiny

Votes: 289 42.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Dirge of Ceberus is canon?
1577972821735.png

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can I get a link as well please ? Thank you :)

EDIT: Got it! Thanks <3

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's been busy and hasn't seen this until now, can someone let me know if it gives an idea of where the game ends?

This is crazy. I'm shocked lol.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I just woke up - what is this madness??

The ending of the full game was leaked by datamining the demo?!? The soundtrack for the entire game was datamined as well??

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I guess Dirge of Ceberus is canon?
1577972821735.png
I don't think there was any reason to assume that the Compilation games weren't still canon.

The ending of the full game was leaked by datamining the demo?!? The soundtrack for the entire game was datamined as well??
Not the entire soundtrack, and the supposed final boss of part one has only been seen in some work-in-progress screenshots hidden in the demo's files.

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
Did the full game got leaked or something? How did they get this?

Last edited:
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Just post it. If you get banned, it probably wasn't cool to post it.
Meh. It's out there. If you can't do basic googling then that's on you.

Just the tracks in the demo, but yeah it seems a lot of assets were left over from the actual full game and people are datamining them.

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
question: Why in the hell are the complete game files are in the demo? .... it is a DEMO... a trail... short level... delete everything else.... why? why in hell are you keeping the complete files in the demo?

please, someone, give me an answer. is this suppose to be like this? in every demo?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
They are on the record for saying that the Remake will be its own continuity separate from the compilation.
I doubted you, but sure enough, you're right:

Final Fantasy Union said:
Concerning Final Fantasy VII Remake, which is a title loaded with a lot of mystery for now, it will be different from the original Final Fantasy VII. If we make a compilation, these games will hardly have an overall coherence. It will be difficult because there is no more continuity between the Compilation and the Remake for the moment

I also found this though:

Game Informer said:
The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII added new wrinkles to the story and lore behind the game. How is the team approaching the integration of those new elements into the remake?
It's not to say that all or some of the characters from the spin-offs or other Compilation works will appear in the remake, but if there are any areas where we can use the settings or the characters, we do want to try to incorporate it in there, so it gives off that sense of nuance and those other stories existing.

So, there isn't any pressure to include every character and storyline from the Compilation content?
Yes, there may be instances where the characters appear themselves, or are just referenced in dialogue. But, of course, it would be difficult to follow up on everything that happened in this universe. So, maybe some of the characters who weren't as famous won't appear or be mentioned. But in terms of the characters and instances that remain in the memories of our fans, we do want to try our best to integrate that in some fashion in the world.
It sounds to me like they aren't restricting themselves by making sure the remake fits perfectly with the narratives from AC, DoC, CC, etc., but they also aren't opposed to incorporating and referencing things from them where it makes sense.

EDIT: I see you mentioned that in another post after the one I quoted, sorry. I didn't refresh before hitting the post button.

Last edited:

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Wow.

Because data-miners are so adept at what they do, eventually we're probably going to stop getting demos for games :(

Alternatively, and programming wise it's a pain in the ass I grant you, devs could strip more effectively the demos they release because this has been going on for years

It would also be nice not to have to download and store 10GB demos when blatantly a lot of that data you will never play

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
I'd be okay with Genesis being like a secret boss we can find hidden away in a cave. Literally just a boss encounter with no impact on the story - that would be fine by me.

Oct 25, 2017
If Genesis actually happens I wouldn't even be mad lol
Bring him in. Reciting loveless and all. Just don't make him a focus or anything.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If people are sharing soundtracks I would love to hear it as well. Please PM if you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.