• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should happen to Aerith in the FFVIIR saga?

• She should die, it's her destiny

Votes: 395 57.7%
  • She should live, fuck destiny

Votes: 289 42.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2018
It seems like they were repurposed. Wouldn't the game take longer if they were scrapped and they had to start over from scratch?

I'm sure some assets might have been repurposed, sure. I guess the best comparison would be all the Versus remnants you'd find in the FFXV game code, like trashbag Noctis. But they work pretty fast at Square Enix, actually. Let's not forget that Tabata basically had FFXV developed from scratch when he took over. He more or less confirmed Versus to have been vapourware in interviews.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
You don't encounter Seph until well after you leave Midgar, the game is still building him up to be a terrifying presence by showing his handiwork both when he kills everyone on the top few floors of shinra HQ and he outright skewers a midgar zolom on a tree (a monster at that point can easily wipe your party) which makes you go learn the chocobo riding mechanics to avoid the battle and go straight into the cave and you don' t have a Jenovah battle until you sneak on board the boat at the Junon dock.

I mean technically you don't encounter Sephiroth until disc 2 even then he does nothing but sleep

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I'm sure some assets might have been repurposed, sure. I guess the best comparison would be all the Versus remnants you'd find in the FFXV game code, like trashbag Noctis.

And a playable Luna? Makes sense. They did a damn good job scrapping all of that in short noticed to have the game coming out in little more than 60 days.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
You don't encounter Seph until well after you leave Midgar, the game is still building him up to be a terrifying presence by showing his handiwork both when he kills everyone on the top few floors of shinra HQ and he outright skewers a midgar zolom on a tree (a monster at that point can easily wipe your party) which makes you go learn the chocobo riding mechanics to avoid the battle and go straight into the cave and you don' t have a Jenovah battle until you sneak on board the boat at the Junon dock.
Yeah I know how the original goes, I think it was pretty obvious he was going to show up in this game though.

Jan 11, 2018
I mean technically you don't encounter Sephiroth until disc 2 even then he does nothing but sleep

Yeah, a lot of people still surprisingly forget (or never realised) that Sephiroth isn't physically present at all during Disc 1. It's all Jenova remnants, including the one in the Forgotten City.

Yeah I know how the original goes, I think it was pretty obvious he was going to show up in this game though.

But this time we actually get to see Cloud's hallucinations, instead of the screen fading to black (or red) and plain text telling us what's happening. It'd be cool if one of the boss fights was more or less inside his head.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Yeah, a lot of people still surprisingly forget (or never realised) that Sephiroth isn't physically present at all during Disc 1. It's all Jenova remnants, including the one in the Forgotten City.

But this time we actually get to see Cloud's hallucinations, instead of the screen fading to black (or red) and plain text telling us what's happening. It'd be cool if one of the boss fights was more or less inside his head.

Because they played only in 1997. It is the only logical conclusion. I played FFVII at the least 30 times in my lifetime. It took lkey 5 playthroughs to know that wasn't him.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really wish they'd take this Sephiroth model and use it for an optional boss fight in Re:MIND. Biggest betrayalton of 2020 if this doesn't happen.

Jan 11, 2018
Because they played only in 1997. It is the only logical conclusion. I played FFVII at the least 30 times in my lifetime. It took lkey 5 playthroughs to know that wasn't him.

I beg to differ. I didn't get it the first time I played through the game, but then again I was only 10-11 years old at the time. Playing through it as an adult, it's pretty clear. Definitely clearer than any of the details surrounding Ultimecia, for example.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
ENPXQDmWoAA5gYd
tenor.gif

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be okay with it as long as:
  1. That's the first time you encounter him outside of a halucination.
  2. He doesn't turn into Jenova but instead leaves behind a body part and leaves. The Sephiroth you're chasing is just Jenova taking his shape chopping off her own body parts to slow you down. If her whole Sephiroth body becomes Jenova Birth that would deflate the hype and mystery.

rottenpie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Cloud in a dress! THERE IS A GOD

and Reeves and Rufus looking hot af... well everyone looks amazing! Scarlet omg this game is gonna kill me!

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
while we look at this, reminder we have an idea how Ruby Weapon will look in the future.

From FFXIV's newest raid coming in Feb.

d4a1t62djn441.jpg

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
lmaoooo at this point the next time Nomura comes to the West he's going to catch a body or two.

Red, Reeve, and Rufus looking extra handsome you love to see it.

Last edited:

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
I am absolutely *amazed* at how fucked this demo has been from SE's perspective and they haven't even acknowledged its existence yet.

Fun to see the screenshots though.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
We really gonna spoiler tag FFVII?
1) This isn't a 1:1 remake
2) Not everyone who will be playing this has already played the original or knows its events; believe it or not, not everyone is familiar with the game
3) Because it isn't a 1:1 remake, the story is not wholly identical, and there are parts that will be changed, removed, added, or remixed; this means that even people who played the original may end up being surprised at some changes along the way
4) Again, not everyone has played the original game

So yes, we are spoiler tagging the game.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Reeve, Rufus, and Scarlet look hot as hell, Red looks great, and Hojo is great mix of slimy and intimidating. Good stuff. Plus --

giphy.gif

It seems like Part 1 could potentially end with a Jenova boss fight as some users theorized, so that'll be something to look forward to.

Lil' Aerith! She's too precious.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
That makes it more horrifying seeing those things go down it's neck. Jenova was a dead alien found right?
No, just frozen. It's more like John Carpenter's The Thing. It's an alien that fell from space and began imitating Cetra and other lifeforms and trying to drain the planet's energy. The Cetra defeated it and sealed it away. Years later Shinra scientists found it and because it was imitating a Cetra woman they thought it was one and started trying to "clone" her so they could use the "clones" to find the Promised Land.

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
HYiVqUH.png

Oh thank god they kept little Aerith's original ribbon. Will help invalidate that shit crisis core.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Frankly, I'm disappointed at how little new stuff there is. Midgar is its own game and there's like nothing new for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.