• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should happen to Aerith in the FFVIIR saga?

• She should die, it's her destiny

Votes: 395 57.7%
  • She should live, fuck destiny

Votes: 289 42.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They could save dev time on Part 2 and hopefully better flesh out both characters by writing Wutai+Yuffie into Part 3, and somehow have Vincent not immediately join when you meet him. He could watch from the shadows and eventually something occurs that requires his intervention.

It makes sense to have that extra selling point of multiple additional characters in each installment, assuming they're aiming for a trilogy at least.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They could save dev time on Part 2 and hopefully better flesh out both characters by writing Wutai+Yuffie into Part 3, and somehow have Vincent not immediately join when you meet him. He could watch from the shadows and eventually something occurs that requires his intervention.

It makes sense to have that extra selling point of multiple additional characters in each installment, assuming they're aiming for a trilogy at least.
As much as this will annoy many I think this is likely. Red XIII, Cait Sith and Cid in part 2. Yuffie and Vincent in part 2.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I've never liked Vincent. He joins way too late and I've just never really used him... At least Cait Sith made an impression on me (albeit not a good one) whereas Vincent is such a nothing character.

Last edited:

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
I've never liked Vincent. He joins wait too late and I've just never really used him... At least Cait Sith made an impression on me (albeit not a good one) whereas Vincent is such a nothing character.
My main team was always Cloud, Barret and Tifa. Never used the side characters. Vincent is nice story wise. But yeah stat wise no clue though.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like Vincent but I'm also one of 12 people who likes Dirge of Cerberus.

I feel like you'd get more rage from removing Vincent then Yuffie but I don't want anyone cut frankly.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
My main team was always Cloud, Barret and Tifa. Never used the side characters. Vincent is nice story wise. But yeah stat wise no clue though.
Vincent I never used as much as I should've, but Yuffie's fantastic. Conformer's one of the best ultimate weapons in the game, she has two of the most damaging limits breaks and she's by far the best character to abuse Morph with.

I think Vincent could be really interesting within the context of the new battle system, though. I don't think anyone should be cut.

Oct 31, 2017
I wish i could play DoC again. I loved what it attempted gameplay wise even if it was a bit janky. I loved exploring Midgar more and it felt badass. I would pay for a ps4ps2 port.

I tried replaying it recently and I hated it :( pacing is reallyyyy bad (constant super short and super long cutscenes, both very annoying in different ways), the combat is very unsatisfying, and 95% of the environments are bland as hell. Later chapters are really, really repetitive and tedious, though I also had this opinion on my initial playthrough too, along with the story totally losing my interest towards the end.

I'm also not a fan of "original game featuring a party, sequel starring only one character," just like with Lightning Returns

I do prefer DoC to Crisis Core though. I have nothing positive to say about CC outside of the visuals

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Vincent I never used as much as I should've, but Yuffie's fantastic. Conformer's one of the best ultimate weapons in the game, she has two of the most damaging limits breaks and she's by far the best character to abuse Morph with.

I think Vincent could be really interesting within the context of the new battle system, though. I don't think anyone should be cut.
Oh yeah that is right. The weapon for her you get in the Gelnika.

I am curious how Square will solve this and how they will tie them in.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah that is right. The weapon for her you get in the Gelnika.

I am curious how Square will solve this and how they will tie them in.

If they move Wutai Pagoda challenge to the last game, they can put her ultimate weapon there since you wouldn't get Leviathan anymore for it

random chest on a linear path lol

reminds me of "bring barret with you when you return to midgar for his ultimate weapon"

they could repeat that. Or tie it to a new sidequest involving Avalanche

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
They're definitely not going to cut Yuffie and Vincent. There's gonna be tons more time to flesh them out with this being episodic, it'd be silly to cut them especially since a lot of people like them.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm perfectly fine with keeping things focused and not add any additional party members UNLESS they're needed.

I mean, I like Cid as much as the next dude, but I'm perfectly fine if this game focuses on Cloud, Barret, Tifa, & Aerith as the core party members you obtain in Part I.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I like Vincent but I'm also one of 12 people who likes Dirge of Cerberus.

I feel like you'd get more rage from removing Vincent then Yuffie but I don't want anyone cut frankly.
Only thing I like about DoC is the look of a "bigger" Kalm. Looks like how I'd imagine it to look, like a touristy medieval European-like town with the festival and all.
latest
latest

That's it, though.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
I wish i could play DoC again. I loved what it attempted gameplay wise even if it was a bit janky. I loved exploring Midgar more and it felt badass. I would pay for a ps4ps2 port.

Yeah, I played it probably about ten years ago, and I found my second attempt at playing it far more fun than the first time. I understand all the problems, but I did love seeing the World of Final Fantasy VII realised in higher quality 3D graphics...which is a pretty quaint compliment considering what we're getting in less than two months!

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
In terms of decision making, which is the most important part in an RPG imo, its virtually the same as the original game. Actually less spammy in fact. Your ATB actions in the boss fight are the same except now you can also throw in extra physical attacks (braver is no longer a limit).

Most of what that player does is build the ATB up with 'spammy' attacks and weave in ATB actions on the shortcut menu.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018

This video has interpolation or the game is actually running at 60 fps?

Kingdom Hearts 3 ran around 60FPS on PS4 and PS4 Pro. I don't know why people are saying 30FPS. On base, it'll compromise the visuals and other aspects to maintain a smoother framerate, or you can change the option to a smoother graphics setting. KH3 had two graphical settings on all systems, that either optimized the resolution with one and framerate with the other. Going to be the same here. On Pro it'll look much better and run a higher framerate.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I've never liked Vincent. He joins way too late and I've just never really used him... At least Cait Sith made an impression on me (albeit not a good one) whereas Vincent is such a nothing character.

Vincent joins before Cid if you get him as soon as possible, the only character I don't like using is Cait Sith because his attack animation suck.

The only problem with using everyone equally in that game was that you ended up having to grind limit breaks

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I'm most excited for how Aeris will play. Maybe cause I main healer in XIV but the leaked stuff shows her having so many cool support moves beyond just big AOE heals. Getting a synergy with party members could be very cool and exciting in actually challenging content like later game bosses/optional bosses.

The fact that you can send off a command to a separate party member while controlling another one is so cool.

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I liked Vincent's design but his limits were poor and so was his ultimate weapon unless you grinded an obscene amount.

Yuffie was excellent, Conformer is exceptional with Morph materia and you can easily stock up on those stat boosts with it.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Vincent joins before Cid if you get him as soon as possible, the only character I don't like using is Cait Sith because his attack animation suck.

The only problem with using everyone equally in that game was that you ended up having to grind limit breaks

I just invested in Fury Drinks or whatever the items were that gave you Fury status so people's LB gauges were filling up at an increased rate. Bought like 80 of them at a time, whenever it wore off I'd reapply one. Thank GOD they lasted between battles. By the end of my last playthrough I had most people's limit breaks all unlocked except probably Yuffie's because I hate her.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this is a bit of a dramatic reaction to a month long delay. Like, by all means, if you want to wait, wait. But why does the game being delayed by a month incite that decision?
why delay it... what the fuck can they do in 37 more days ?? the game needs to be done at least 2-3 weeks before that to make the discs and ship them to all of the stores.. also I wanted a month to play the hell out of this before CP2077 I dont like getting multi-able games at once.. I like to buy 1 game beat/play the shit out of it then move on and play another. really helps with not having 20-50 games in your back log youll never finish..

they still pissed the game leaked... maybe im just fucking tired of waiting... also I was really disappointed in KH3 the last square game I bought. but they are saling the other half of that game this month for 30$ bones... 20 too many.... so I just sold my copy. square are just a bunch of fuck ups..

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
you can get a lot done in a month. i'm surprised this was delayed but i'm more surprised Cyberpunk hasn't been delayed. press hasn't even had hands on time with that game right?

why delay it... what the fuck can they do in 37 more days ??

You don't know much about game development, TLOU came together in the last weeks before release any amount of time to fix up issues, bug, etc is valuable time that is needed.

You only get one shot once you release a game for the most part and you want it to be in the best condition possible

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
For those of you whom the delay broke your will to avoid those sweet, sweet spoilers, we open you with open arms and without judgement. Join us, o brothers and sisters.

Status
Not open for further replies.