• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I still like this tifa tbh

blair-armitage-turnaround.jpg

Somersault gonna be interesting with this one.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this would have been awesome. I've always been a fan of deformed FF style from 7 and 9, and it would be soooo cool to see it rendered out in an updated engine. But I guess everyone in Japan is obsessed with Crisis Core/Advent Children style? So I don't think that would ever happen. Like this design of barret is so much cooler than the generic one.

*looks at avatar* hmmmmm

May 26, 2018
I still like this tifa tbh

blair-armitage-turnaround.jpg

Some good parts... but I'm not getting the feeling of her whole character here. There's something missing in the face. It looks too... young? Soft? Tifa isn't just Cloud's girlfriend. This woman is a highly athletic martial arts brawler heroine who's part of a violent revolutionary group. She can be friendly, but she also has an attitude that she has picked up over time. All those qualities should be evident from first glance and I am not grokking it here.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Hey I'm not saying they should use that Tifa design in the game. I just think it's a pretty good remake of the OG design, nothing more. Skirts that short absolutely wouldn't work in a 3D action game unless you wanted to be flashing minge every 2 seconds.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I think the OG design should make an appearance as her work outfit. Then she wears something adjusted for fighting scenes.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I remain kinda sad they went for realistic proportions for Barret.

Would have been awesome having him be the absolute tank of a man he was in the original. His biceps were bigger than most people in the FMVs

screenshot004-1-1024x576.jpg
I like this style. compression is making it difficult to make out the artists, do they have more?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
They gave Cloud muscles so they shouldn't be cowards and should give Tifa some muscle definition considering her fighting style.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
since we are discussing tifa design just give her a skort and the white shirt or an white sportsbra and this will be a fitness outfit every woman uses in a gym
71BLon2P4UL._UX342_.jpg

cotton_sj-652-c-f-white.png

its sexy and practical everyone is happy

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Re: Barret's skin, I threw this together. Apologies for any compression, it's the youtube vid, not sure if there's a higher quality one, but I think there's something there to discuss about the lighting.

untitled-1jmj7e.jpg

Last edited:

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
Not going to lie those graphics looks like ps3 not PS4. Ofcourse im still incredibly hyped but games coming out now put this to shame graphically.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
TBH I'm not even gonna complain about the character/locations/mood/atmosphere differences with the original game. At this point I'm just glad this game is still alive and with hopes of launching this year! I used to consider it completely dead and cancelled and dead

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I just played Yakuza 3-5 and am working through MGS4 on my PS3 and if you think that this game looks anything like a PS3 game I can only conclude you need your eyes checked or are posting in bad faith.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Re: Barret's skin, I threw this together. Apologies for any compression, it's the youtube vid, not sure if there's a higher quality one, but I think there's something there to discuss about the lighting.

untitled-1jmj7e.jpg
I can't believe some people genuinely think this is a light skinned white washed black man....maybe some just need glasses lol

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Or you can compare what we are seeing to anything current like Division 2, anthem, red redemption, Mk11, even Cod. They all look better. Just my opinion. Not the cutscenes in game. It looks underwhelming to say the least.

How the hell can you even fully compare it when all we have is low quality trailer that is less than a min that jumps around .
From what we can see in that trailer the background sure don't look like a PS3 game from the small bit we seen .
I think you forget how PS3 games look .

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've bought almost every version of FF7 available.

I'll be buying this remake for the next 20 years as well.