• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I was talking to a friend about Red XIII and he suddenly tells me "I bet Red XIII is not even in the game", I've got shivers for a moment and thought about it...

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Or you can compare what we are seeing to anything current like Division 2, anthem, red redemption, Mk11, even Cod. They all look better. Just my opinion. Not the cutscenes in game. It looks underwhelming to say the least.
There is not a single thing in this trailer that looks like it could be from a PS3 game. And that's with compression.
47814007091_df3b844760_h.jpg

JudgeN

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great hopefully we get a ps5 version, but I'm worried how they will handle the flexibility of the materia system with action based combat. It reminds me of crisis core which is alright but I'm concerned.

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
I really riked the little they showed and i'm super hyped for the E3. I understand the purists of the original but if you want a 1:1 remake better buy the pc version and add mods imo ofcourse

KvotheStrife

May 29, 2018
If the first episode is just Midgar then we are not seeing Vicent, Yuffie and Cid, right? Just Red XIII and Tifa left for a reveal from the main cast

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Dang, I missed out on all the PS3 games that looked this good. Pass some recommendations my way please. Also happy to know this game will apparently run on Switch with no problem, so I can also play it on the go.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
God I'm glad to see they're keeping the weird enemy designs.

Final Fantasy VII is so weird and absurd, and I hope they keep all that absurdity in.

There's a random enemy encounter in which the enemy is just an evil house.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
I want to see at least 1 scene when everyone tries to join the party by walking into you at once, knocking themselves out. I think it was even in the original game, but it would be even better here.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Regarding Tifa, i hope they go for something sensible but sticking to the original, ideally:

-FF7 top half: white shirt with braces
-Advent Children's lower half: black shorts
-A body type that fits and doesn't have comically huge breasts

Locust Star

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
The fact that people are complaining about Aerith's perfect design and arguing that Barrett is white washed is why we can't have nice things.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Hahaha... what?

lol..... give us PS3 games that looked like this or even close:

40847578403_1031093e47_h.jpg

XD

They basically surpassed Advent children level models with this game....people complained about FF15's character models even in cutscenes but this...is like a generation ahead

UE4 STAY STYLIN ON LUMINOUS STUDIO

And i get that Advent children came out in 2005, but even for the original release, the computers that movie ran on were, while not anywhere near hollywood, still amounted to offline renders far more powerful than anything at the time including in games and we can assume stronger than base PS4 as well...yet time and architecture and rendering has allowed stylization to catch up super quickly and even surpass it with much less brute force.

Locust Star

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
speaking of white-washed and people also commenting on Tifa's possible design, I always like this "brown-washed" fanart of Tifa. It's really cool:

qO1s65y.jpg

I still like this tifa tbh

blair-armitage-turnaround.jpg

But yeah, this is incredible impressive and probably/hopefully what we we will end up getting if they are to stick to the original design.

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Wow clouds gone from looking like a gaunt and sorrowful soldier to another generic j-pop pretty boy. Yawn.

Scuttlefluff

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Between this and Dissidia NT, I'm sorely missing some Tifa in my life. They'll reveal her for Remake and NT at the same time, and it'll be glorious.

I'm one of the insane few that loves NT, no shames.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Re: Barret's skin, I threw this together. Apologies for any compression, it's the youtube vid, not sure if there's a higher quality one, but I think there's something there to discuss about the lighting.

untitled-1jmj7e.jpg

Some actually watched the trailer and thought for real that Barret is light skinned?

I can't facepalm enough.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Between this and Dissidia NT, I'm sorely missing some Tifa in my life. They'll reveal her for Remake and NT at the same time, and it'll be glorious.

I'm one of the insane few that loves NT, no shames.
Ooo, I could see this happening. Didn't they do that recently with the XIV dude that was announced? Tied into some XIV event, I think.

I love Dissidia and while I don't currently play NT I would jump in again just to punch Squall with Tifa's fists lol.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
It's great in the sense that it's pretty slavish to the original costume. But maybe slavishness to it isn't what's needed here.

I dont think they need to change her design if no one else's design is changing tbh, they have kept it through every other showing of the character outside of AC. what needs to be looked at IMO is proper non exaggerated PS1 proportions,which i think works well with the fan design highlighted