• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Final Fantasy VII Remake State of Play 2019 Trailer; More to come in June

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah taking those 'leaks' with a giant grain of salt but if it was true, it'd be awesome.

That said, I assumed the Seph scene was the Kalm flashback and I assumed that was near the end of Part 1 (so instead of ending after Midgard, end after the Kalm flashback scene or at the very latest, leaving Junion)

We'l find out in a few weeks anyway.
It's in that area with the big metal hand where you fight the hell houses.

Oct 27, 2017
LordofPwn if they had an enormous exclusive like ff7 remake dont you think Sony would have mentioned it during yhr state of play or at any point since?

That deal was announced 4 years ago, thats alot of time for SE to rethink that deal.
I wonder about that. For example when a 3rd party multiplatform game is announced during Nintendo Direct or something like E3 conferences just right after companies confirm other platforms with a PR. For example SE did it themselves recently for DQ Builders 2 which was announced for the West in a direct and that game is being published by Nintendo on the Switch and by SE on PS4 which they announced via Twitter.

The updated offical site of the Remake only has PS4. Nobody in the industry at the moment is holding something like game launching on other platforms as a secret - when game is announced/shown you know all the platforms like in an hour from the announcement.

But hey it's Square fucking Enix that flip flop like no other comapny in the industry with exclusive QOL changes and now even fix patches so they very well may be holding Xbox/PC versions for E3 for some reason and if not later down the line they will make a better version of the game for other platforms and refuse to patch the original.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Japan
I wonder about that. For example when a 3rd party multiplatform game is announced during Nintendo Direct or something like E3 conferences just right after companies confirm other platforms with a PR. For example SE did it themselves recently for DQ Builders 2 which was announced for the West in a direct and that game is being published by Nintendo on the Switch and by SE on PS4 which they announced via Twitter.

The updated offical site of the Remake only has PS4. Nobody in the industry at the moment is holding something like game launching on other platforms as a secret - when game is announced/shown you know all the platforms like in an hour from the announcement. But hey it's Square fucking Enix that flip flop like no other comapny in the industry with exclusive QOL changes and now even fix patches so they were well may be holding Xbox/PC versions for E3 for some reason and if not later down the line they will make a better version of the game for other platforms and refuse to patch the original.
Watch it be at Xbox E3 conference with a timed exclusive. Seems a good way to piss people off

Dec 11, 2017
lol people here are delusional if they think Aerith survives, it's a key plot point for FF7 and one of its 2 most iconic moments.

It's like you're betting on Sephiroth having a change of heart and taking up decorative gardening in Nibelheim instead of burning it.

lol people here are delusional if they think Aerith survives, it's a key plot point for FF7 and one of its 2 most iconic moments.
I suppose they could explore the possibility a little after she's gone. Like as a secret NPC in Cloud's subconscious. Maybe a part of him is stuck thinking about finding magic to bring her back, but there's an implication that a stupendous disaster would befall the planet if he did. And that section of his mind just can't deal with it, and it keeps madly rewinding the apocalypse to save "Aerith."

It'd be pretty scary if done right. Tifa would have to run away from that version of Cloud, knowing there's nothing she can do.

Oct 26, 2017
I thought that cloud dash animation looked like an unpolished/unfinished animation, but apparently people are taking it as a homage to his animation in the original. Never thought of it that way

I think it still looks kinda off in this, at least that one longer dash he does. Will have to rewatch it later with that perspective in mind though.

I remember he did that in the 2015 trailer too? I didn't have a problem with it there. Maybe just because it was snappier or something, or maybe that trailer made the battle system look less free/action-based than this trailer does. idk

Nov 1, 2017
I suppose they could explore the possibility a little after she's gone. Like as a secret NPC in Cloud's subconscious. Maybe a part of him is stuck thinking about finding magic to bring her back, but there's an implication that a stupendous disaster would befall the planet if he did. And that section of his mind just can't deal with it, and it keeps madly rewinding the apocalypse to save "Aerith."

It'd be pretty scary if done right. Tifa would have to run away from that version of Cloud, knowing there's nothing she can do.
Force Ghost Aerith!