• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's so much to take in.

yPleSNH.jpg

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It looks great, but they're going all in with the changes huh.
I don't know what to feel about that, but it looks fantastic.

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
Since the other thread was closed, here's the shot I took:

bn7fuvP.png

This game is just so beautiful.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Looks stunning. I'm happy with everything they have shown so far and i'm feeling pretty good about how the remake will turn out.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Maaaaaaaaan that final shot.

Also as expected, I see that they incorporating the Crisis Core stuff.

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Fuck, such an incredible trailer. We got the Turks, we got summons, we got squats, we got the honey bee inn, what more could you want lol

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'n actually crying so fucking hard, at work no less. This is everything I could have dreamed of and more oh my god

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So there's something major I noticed in the Shinra hologram.

It appears as though Shinra is painting AVALANCHE a a rebel group from Wutai. Is it going to be rewritten that Wutai hasn't bent the knee to Shinra yet and they're going to use AVALANCHE as an in to invading Wutai?

squall211

Jan 24, 2018
Man, the last shot of that trailer....

It catches you right in the feels if you've already played the game and you know what just happened.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
This is going to be so fucking brutal, isn't it
I guess even in the original it's just conceptually bad since you don't see much, aside from what you experience on the way up the pillar.

Though because this game is a longer Midgar, maybe you'll feel worse because you'll be spending more time in that Sector unlike the original.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Everything about this somehow seems like they're gonna pull it off, except Barrett's voice. The more I hear it, the more I want it fired into space.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

It appears as though Shinra is painting AVALANCHE a a rebel group from Wutai. Is it going to be rewritten that Wutai hasn't bent the knee to Shinra yet and they're going to use AVALANCHE as an in to invading Wutai?

I imagine it's more presenting them as Wutai insurgents - people who didn't surrender and are still continuing the fight.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
This hybrid ATB-action combat system looks so much fun and good. I can't wait to try it out.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
It is still weird AF

Long game is long so let's add a bunch of needless shit to shorten the game.

That was a lot for a game that barely exist

Also Tifa and A are way more Japanese now

Oct 27, 2017
I should be so excited for a remake of my favourite game of all time, and it does look incredible in terms of art and visuals, but the battle system doesn't feel me with confidence at all.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
There was so much good shit in this trailer! I went from "Day 1!" to "I need to take off work to play this when it comes out!"

Aly

Oct 27, 2017

If I remember correctly in Crises Core the war was over but Zack was still dealing with rebel groups in Midgar so that's probably the route they're going to take. The invasion has to already happen for Yuffies plot to make sense.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Yeah, the Keepers of Fate really stand out in the trailer as a completely weird and unnecessary addition.

Summons looked nice (I think I saw Odin for a second?), most of the character designs except that goofy looking enemy SOLDIER were good. They're really teasing the crossdressing sequence HARD in this one.

But I think overall my biggest issue just seems to be with how SCRIPTED all the gameplay looks in these trailers. I don't know if it's just a weird choice on SQEX's part to focus on setpiece events that are scripted by nature but there's so little just raw "this is how the game plays minute to minute" footage in all the trailers they put out.

Nah. They said he was a SOLDIER. Dude was blonde, though the hairstyle was similar to Loz's.
I hope they're not too heavily featured and it's not too on the nose.

And yeah, that was indeed Odin. Surprised he's in this one, I was expecting a Bahamuth as one of the biggest summons, so it's cool. They look really good design-wise, and it seems like they're more involved in battle than just an attack like in the original or XV. Maybe similar to XII?

And honestly? I would usually dislike that SOLDIER design (or new Reno), but I think this game has been really on point with regards to making Nomura's characters feel like actual people and not weird dolls like in AC and other instances. So I'm honestly fine with it (surprised at the change of clothes of the Turks, though, as Reno and Ruda seem more unique in that sense now).

I guess it seems scripted so far because yeah, they seem to be focusing on the spectacularity of everything and there's little chance to show exploration or bigger dungeons in such a short-form video. Hopefully they have something like that this Saturday, but I don't know.

It honestly was, Keepers of Fate aside, a real fine trailer.