• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
2021443_English_ContinueWatchingMobile_b567304b-27a8-e911-82a8-dd291e252010.jpg

C'mon Square, you need to do a collaboration. You got our girl exercising. This is so free.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If FFXV is anything to go by, we'll get JP dubs on the international release. If KH3 is anything to go by we won't.

I'm leaning to the former tbh.
SE has been pretty good about including Japanese voiceover options in recent years, KH aside (and even that could just be because of Disney, who knows). I'm sure this will have the option, at least as free DLC.

They're really going out of their way this time to make Aeris pretty and I gotta say, it's working

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I've been been much of a Final Fantasy guy. If anything, I never got into the games, even 6. I know I'm insane. However, this remake genuinely looks jawdropping. I'm legitimately stoked for it and am ecstatic to see the fundamental gameplay mechanics focus on action and strategy instead of the turn-based formula that alienated me in the first place. I really think this is gonna be one of the best games of the generation.

signal

Oct 28, 2017

hng.

Also eng dub forever. Don't want to ruin my memories with extreme derivative jp pop culture sounding Aerith.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That was fuckin incredible. I can't comprehend that square seems to nail this so damn much. My favorite game is getting the Remake it deserves!!
giphy.gif

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm predicting that it's two blue ray discs because of the millions of cg cutscenes.

I don't mind.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Holy hot damn diggity this game is looking phenomenal. So glad to get our first glimpse at some summons in action, was NOT expecting that so soon.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Woah, that was a lot to process! I look forward to people breaking the trailer down+gameplay details, because I'm sure there was tons of details I missed. What we've seen of the game thus far continues to impress.

The new Soldier character is an interesting addition with potential - despite my fears of the remake treading into Compilation territory, it isn't a bad idea to have an additional formidable foe for Avalanche to deal with, as I'm presuming/hoping we won't fight Sephiroth in the first game of the remake. It was nice to see some old familiar friends in Ifrit and Shiva, too, both are looking great. I wasn't expecting to see Don Corneo. President Shinra's design looks great. (Had to laugh at Reno's very open shirt.) Aerith looked absolutely stunning in her dress! Loved the Cloud+squats mini-game, and fuck yeah, pull-ups with Tifa!

Speaking of Tifa, her new English VA is still so goddamn good. I'm really enjoying Cloud's new VA, too. The new English VA for Rude sounds great, less sure on Reno. Even Reno in Japanese sounds much more high-pitched than usual, which was really jarring - I can't tell if it's Keiji Fujiwara or not.

The last shot of the trailer was a gut punch! Gorgeous and heartbreaking all at once.

At any rate, looking forward to some trailer breakdowns!

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They actually made Reno look cool as hell. Man, I cannot wait for this game to drop.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Frogged Cloud has a little Buster Sword.
I fucking love everything so far.

3a9rrj.gif

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
They are hellbent on making sure that Wall Market Aerith looks as drop dead gorgeous as possible.

I approve of this school of thought.

Oh, and the game looks just as good.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
So...Death Stranding this fall and then The Last Of Us Part 2 in February (rumored) and this game in March?
Is this the biggest back-to-back exclusives we've seen this generation yet?

Holy shit, the last PS4 year is going to be crazy isn't it?

Alox12

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 23, 2019
I loved the squats minigame in this trailer. I'm happy they are keeping the goofiness of the original.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Something i just realized is that the scene with Aerith in that dress with Cloud and the fireworks going off ; didnt that happen in the Golden Saucer? Which means the game will at least continue on past Midgard? Or am i misremembering the story?

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Game of generation contender easily. For me of course. I know how some of you get sensitive.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Love everything about that trailer, the voice acting, the graphics, the summons

I am going to watch it another 200 times to absorb everything in that trailer.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Not to be that dude but what happened to the English dub?! The line direction is Advent Children level or below and so is the delivery at times. I've never had a problem with Square's voice acting until now, but I might have to go subs unless something drastic changes.

Everything else was amazing. The Japanese version of the trailer had me in tears.

Also, what was the thing Aerith was fighting that was in a chariot? New lightning Summon?
You're right about the line delivery! It feels like they recorded them specifically for the trailer, the delivery doesn't feel like it matches any greater context of the scene they're in.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Legit fucking goosebumps, THAT was a trailer to showcase what we're getting out of this (love the previous ones but this was more diverse).

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'm beyond giddy. It looks so incredible.

And Cloud only says like a single word in that trailer. I love my boy more than anything but it's great how much they are showcasing all the other characters as well. VII has the best FF cast, no contest.

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't that always going to be the case? You can switch characters in the middle of battle. And Tifa was playable as the "face" character for a good chunk of the OG game anyway.

Forgot to include outside of combat. Yes other characters take the party leader role but much later in the game though

Really hope its the case

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I expected Square Enix to really pour all the money they had into this project, but damn it does this game have some fucking money. Every single frame of that looked so lavish, it's gonna be incredible.