• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
For those of you thinking the game is all in-game, here's a shot of in-game Aerith vs. Aerith in the opening CG cutscene.

ff-1.png

Screen_Shot_2019_06_11_at_6.47.17_PM.png

Will it be mostly in-game (like every other FF)? Yes. But it's going to have some CGI as well.

Adonais

Oct 29, 2017
Metaverse
Oh, thank god. I watched the trailer first on a cell phone with bad lighting and I thought the Soldier on the bike was Loz from AC. There's still hope.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I like it, they changed the original atmosphere of the game to make a prequel of Advent Children.

You're absolutely right.

The original is bleak and grounded in Midgar, even with some of the more silly moments. This has been changed to anime style Advent Children hijinks. Which is fine because I know people love that but that's not really what I wanted.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I know the voice cast is ALL NEW but like Im really disappointed they didn't get Quinton Flynn to play Reno. New guy is inferior. Also now can we agree that the games VA work is incredibly anime with all the negatives that entails??? Weird inflections and stuff, all that dumb shit I hate is here. Why can't SE just do better??? Otherwise its looking great!!! Aerith in that dress, though???

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Yes the entire game is technically CGI but "CG cutscenes" is a well-known term that refers to super duper high quality cutscenes rendered on expensive supercomputers.

I am aware that the game is going to be mostly comprised of in-game cutscenes. Just like literally every other Final Fantasy. What i'm saying is that it won't be in-game in its entirety, as evidenced by the shots of Cloud on the train. There will be some CGI cutscenes.

Most engines that are using in-engine scene rendering have different options for the camera's you use. I know because I've used them.

I guess closer to release as they start doing interviews if that comes up hopefully they can answer it. But they have been doing less and less, pre-rendered cutscenes because there's a response time issue when having it loaded/cached when going from gameplay to clip.

Most all big AAA first party games have it and are using this as apposed to pre-rendered.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Not sure if I like it, they changed the original atmosphere of the game to make a prequel of Advent Children.
Unless they made them cel shaded it makes sense for them to look and behave 'realistically'

After FFXV it makes sense, and to a lesser extent FFXIII thats the direction Square has been going for awhile

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
what a trailer, damn! got me pretty pumped, really liking what im seeing overall
also im crying at reno's design. bruuhhhh that v neck. cheers square

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Man fuck this being on PS4. Shit should be next gen only looking like this.
I wonder if we're looking at the PC and PS5 version here. Current gen might not look this clean and polished, and base PS4 might even be 900p. It's so damn pretty.

But I think being tied to Midgar only for Episode 1 makes a PS4 version completely viable, and more open world Episodes 2 and 3 with this level of detail for next gen.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I mean, technically they kind of have to. It'll just be the rest of the game. :|
Hehe no i mean a 'real' sequel , would be a shame when the voice cast art and everything is already in place, some day they may work on it.

Or maybe not, they may be too afraid to continue on the same universe after the spin offs failed 🤔

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
the game looks great

the dub less so...

It's become pretty evident that this is a budget dub lol. IIRC isn't the voice of Aerith a freakin' streamer and not a voice actor?
Streaming was her way of making income but she is an actress. IIRC she even had a video about a failed tv pilot. Gotta remember that for a lot of people streaming/let's play is their way of making income after hitting a gap in their career.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Most engines that are using in-engine scene rendering have different options for the camera's you use. I know because I've used them.

I guess closer to release as they start doing interviews if that comes up hopefully they can answer it. But they have been doing less and less, pre-rendered cutscenes because there's a response time issue when having it loaded/cached when going from gameplay to clip.

Most all big AAA first party games have it and are using this as apposed to pre-rendered.

Ok but SE literally has their own CGI studio, so they're going to use it. I posted some Aerith in-game vs. CGI comparison shots on this page, to show that the game will indeed not be entirely in-game.

TravoltaWatchesYou

Alt account
Banned
Aug 24, 2019
The voice acting is very anime compared to some of the other Final Fantasy games. And Barrett sounds like complete fucking dogshit.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Graphics look good, VA is horrible and how they re-interpreted most of the scenes makes me feel confident about this one. I think that the combat system will be what will make me love or not the remake, the combat in the original is not great, but I don't like that much this kind of real-time action with lots of pause options.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Voice Acting-wise this is my Worst Nightmare

But it's also exactly what I expected since the first reveal. They're going to make this a real cringe-fest.

The voice acting is very anime compared to some of the other Final Fantasy games. And Barrett sounds like complete fucking dogshit.
What upsets me about Barrett is that they are basing it off the English characterization, which was an invention of the localizer and has been long since criticised.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Weird question, but are open spoilers going to be assumed moving forward in FFVII threads? I know that the story is 20 years old now but I think we would be surprised at the amount of younger people who are actually pretty unaware.