• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Graphics look good, VA is horrible and how they re-interpreted most of the scenes makes me feel confident about this one. I think that the combat system will be what will make me love or not the remake, the combat in the original is not great, but I don't like that much this kind of real-time action with lots of pause options.

From what I understand it's optional to have that pause system. You can have it like kingdom hearts and rely on the command menu while in combat.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Tifa's facial animations look unfinished in a lot of shots. She definitely has more of a doll look than Aeris does.
Yeah, IMO because they want to give her the typical animu kawaii female character face.

I'm glad they explicitly went for a Westernized face for Aerith.
I thought I might just be too used to her Advent Children look. It's good to know that's not the case, but now I really hope they change this before release.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
From what I understand it's optional to have that pause system. You can have it like kingdom hearts and rely on the command menu while in combat.
I understand, even so combining battle menus with real-time action feels strange to me. About KH, I played half the first one and 2-3 hours from 2, never liked the combat system in the games that much so I hope that VII Remake is different.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I might just be too used to her Advent Children look. It's good to know that's not the case, but now I really hope they change this before release.

They've still got six months. There's time.

Max dood said Mark Hamill is in this? Is that true?

I think it's Mark. About 90% sure it's him, though it could be a soundalike. Something about "give daddy some SUGAR" is just a very Hamill-esque line read.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still getting major uncanny valley vibes from Tifa, which I don't have for any of the other characters...

9Gym4rf.png

Is anyone else feeling the same?

She needs some touch ups in a few places. It's a little weird.

Also, I think she might be thinner than Jessie. That aint right.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
It's rare I watch a trailer more than once but I've watched this a few times now and keep spotting new little things. It's so jam packed with juicy scenes.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I understand, even so combining battle menus with real-time action feels strange to me. About KH, I played half the first one and 2-3 hours from 2, never liked the combat system in the games that much so I hope that VII Remake is different.

I can tell having personal played this game at pax it's a bit opposite of Kingdom Hearts at least the portion outside of the command menu. It's more ground(none of the party members can jump), and the attacks feel more impactful. Really doesn't feel floaty at all.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
LET'S. FUCKING. GOOOOOO!

This is complete perfection and it gives me 100% confidence in this project. English VA I think are fine. It's just how the trailer is cut that makes is all weird.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Do you think Jessie looks like Tifa too? IMO all three's faces look different from one another in terms of shape, features, bone structure, etc.
Jessie, Aerith, and hell Cloud, Barrett and the rest of the characters look right 100% of the time. Only Tifa looks weird which I agree. I thought she was off since her reveal.

It's weird since I don't typically have this issue with SE since they're the best in the business when it comes to this stuff.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Do you think Jessie looks like Tifa too? IMO all three's faces look different from one another in terms of shape, features, bone structure, etc.

I mean the idea that Tifa looks like an anime character and Aeris a western and more real character, faces ar eobviously different but I don't see how Tifa looks more "anime" or "uncany", it's a trait all the character shares IMO, shape difference aside.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean the idea that Tifa looks like an anime character and Aeris a western and more real character, faces ar eobviously different but I don't see how Tifa looks more "anime" or "uncany", it's a trait all the character shares IMO, shape difference aside.
I didn't say Aerith looks more real, I just said she looks more Westernized (based on SE's own statements about her remake design). There are Western characters in anime too...

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Anyone is better than whatever this was:

Was that back when Mena Suvari from ADvent Children voiced her? Total downgrade compared to Mandy Moore in KH1.

I would have been happy to have Mandy Aerith but the new VA in Crisis Core was good. I don't know how I feel about the new VA yet, but that's because there's not a lot to go off of.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
27 pages and I'm just gonna assume it's all about Aerith's big ass feet.

fQekGe5.jpg

Ain't no shame, sometimes you just got to bring these things into the table. Just to spare anyone else's shame into talking about it. Don't look at me like that.

Game looks pretty good tho.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know it was easy to be concerned when this game went dark for so long, but god damn have they pulled it out.

This might actually be a front runner for GOTG.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017

fQekGe5.jpg

Ain't no shame, sometimes you just got to bring these things into the table. Just to spare anyone else's shame into talking about it.

I read somewhere, I think on twitter, that Aerith has a WikiFeet entry now.

I haven't checked this myself because I'm not so into it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The thing that surprised me the most was the inclusion of another SOLDIER. Makes so much sense to have an active one appear and helps to flesh out what Cloud is supposed to be portraying.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

fQekGe5.jpg

Ain't no shame, sometimes you just got to bring these things into the table. Just to spare anyone else's shame into talking about it. Don't look at me like that.

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
apfairfaorfnfaiof

that was such a fun fucking trailer, holy shit

minigames, summons, Reno, goofy status effects, list goes on

so far FFVIIIR is shaping up to be the heartfelt, dumb, weird thing it always needed to be