• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the obvious scenes from the obvious end of the game sections are hype.

And I'm glad Wall Market will proceed as normal. The Sephiroth stuff I'm ehh about, but the lore additions look pretty neat. Since I doubt AVALANCHE would keep quiet about having a SOLDIER, Shinra sending one after them makes sense to me.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
I'm not sure if her rather muted response is because that's her personality, or because she has no basis to form a reaction since she never played the original.

Still, to be part of this project must feel like something truly special!
She did a QA on Twitch a while back where she said she'd never played the original (though she was filled in on the story by Square).

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Do we know if they're showing or announcing anything else at TGS or just dropping the trailer and running?

ED Cantu

Oct 28, 2017
This trailer looked amazing! Can't wait to finally play this game, ugh March can't come soon enough.

Also, is it just me or Tifa looked a bit weird? I mean she looked fine in all the fighting scenes but her face, specifically her eyes looked odd, like a bit swollen.

Oh and Aerith looks stunning and is really charming every time she appears, am I sensing a bit of favoritism here? lol. Maybe it really is on purpose you know so
some things will hit a bit harder in the next parts.

Last edited:

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
The only OTHER thing they can do now to make me go mad with hype is include back and forth exploration with the train or motorcycle. In a way, a open-ish Midgar.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
God this game is gonna be so fucking good. Like y'all I wasn't really hype until this trailer (Because FFVII isn't really my favorite) but DAMN here everything clicked for me. It looks spectacular.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Jessie's voice actor

Also starring the voice actor for Aloy. The third person is the real Michael Caine.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Who's the Soldier guy??? They're definitely adding/changing more than I thought they would. That's neat!

Also, Aeris looks absolutely stunning in that red dress. The graphics are insane.

Deleted member 39353

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Anyone notice at :29 seconds Cloud hits his sword on the door frame while trying to unsheathe it? Looks like they're on the right track for Cloud's character at the beginning.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly good trailer. I don't mind the new added stuff. Also the CHAD soldier is a nice counterpart to Cloud.

The worst part is VA being dogshit in both languages.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
0MMxCB.gif

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I actually think the new Soldier guy is the final boss of the game. Motor Ball sucks and is an awful boss to end on

Its possible the part he is showing up is tricking you to think its in the Cloud and Jessie bike part and is really the escape from midgar bike chase. or they could do it earlier to introduce him

I think haveing a SOLDIER as a final boss is a lot more fitting than another big robot thats the most boring choice

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
I actually think the new Soldier guy is the final boss of the game. Motor Ball sucks and is an awful boss to end on

Its possible the part he is showing up is tricking you to think its in the Cloud and Jessie bike part and is really the escape from midgar bike chase. or they could do it earlier to introduce him

I think haveing a SOLDIER as a final boss is a lot more fitting than another big robot thats the most boring choice
I think he'll probably be a recurring character. I don't think that's the escape sequence. I don't think they'd be able to beat a SOLDIER 1st Class at the start of the story.

If they do use him as a final boss, it would also be a good way to bring up Cloud's past, and then the next game could start right at Cloud's flashback so it really connects.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

there's jessie and co there, so it couldnt be it

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is the parachute sequence entirely new. Or was it something that was at least alluded to in the original?
I imagine they added it as a transition from doing something on the upper plate to going back to the slums. Thinking about it I don't know if the game showed you what happened specifically to everyone else in the crew after the second reactor blew.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully he is an actual char unlike Aranea.
or anyone in 15 LOOOOOOOOOOL

I hope he isn't. VII doesn't need more random mooks popping up over and over again to have their asses kicked. The Turks are already there for that, as are all the ShinRa execs.

Just let him pop up and die like the fodder he seems to be.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I hope he isn't. VII doesn't need more random mooks popping up over and over again to have their asses kicked. The Turks are already there for that, as are all the ShinRa execs.

Just let him pop up and die like the fodder he seems to be.
Should have just left Reno as a fodder and make CHAD soldier give Cloud trouble.