• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously what is going on with SquareEnix and their subpar localization English dubs?

The Trials of Mana English dub also is sounding very very very bad (another JRPG due in Spring 2020):

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously what is going on with Square Enix and their localization English dubs?

People really need to understand that trailers are often edited on purpose in such a way that audio mixes prioritize voice over everything else, and often times the voice work is either aired out of context or shown over shots where the lines being spoken would not play.

This is normal, this is completely common. A few out-of-context lines in a trailer not sounding amazing should not be cause for panic, especially considering the English voice acting is likely still being implemented into the game.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
People really need to understand that trailers are often edited on purpose in such a way that audio mixes prioritize voice over everything else, and often times the voice work is either aired out of context or shown over shots where the lines being spoken would not play.

This is normal, this is completely common. A few out-of-context lines in a trailer not sounding amazing should not be cause for panic, especially considering the English voice acting is likely still being implemented into the game.
well, remember. Xenoblade 2's English dub (which I personally love, but see the big issues) was shown off in early trailers, and many also thought the voice acting would get better (especially for Rex) after the lukewarm reception. Sadly that didn't happen, since they never re-recorded anything.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
well, remember. Xenoblade 2's English dub (which I personally love, but see the big issues) was shown off in early trailers, and many also thought the voice acting would get better (especially for Rex) after the lukewarm reception. Sadly that didn't happen, since they never re-recorded anything.

I just don't really see what's so terrible about it. The word for word writing is bad, but the SCRIPT is probably bad in Japanese too. Acting-wise it's fine, nothing special. We're also not exactly seeing any amazing story moments.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
damn at those visuals

but im getting the feeling this just simply wont have the magic of the original

i'll be damned if i aint playing this shit asap though

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
LOOK AT THIS QUEEN!

Also this is reminding me of the VIII dance scene. Almost like it's own version of the scenery.

source.gif

DB6711958FA707CBB50CE02827C923113F388CD0

how dare you chop onions like this

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Trailer was incredible. Character design is perfect still, and everything looks charming as hell. Excited for this!

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I actually think the new Soldier guy is the final boss of the game. Motor Ball sucks and is an awful boss to end on

Its possible the part he is showing up is tricking you to think its in the Cloud and Jessie bike part and is really the escape from midgar bike chase. or they could do it earlier to introduce him

I think haveing a SOLDIER as a final boss is a lot more fitting than another big robot thats the most boring choice

also, they could prop up Sephiroth axing some SOLDIERs throughout the game to imply his skill.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious how those scenes from the trailer would look like if it was still been made by CC2.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
*golf clap*
They did it. Those mad lads fucking did it.
It looks absolutely perfect.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok thanks.

Interesting angle, isn't the war with Wutai over by the time FF7 starts in the original? Wonder how this will play into Yuffie's introduction later.

Wutai has largely been subjugated but there are still fringe insurgent groups and freedom fighters.

Yuffie on the other hand is just a jerk.

I think it may be my new life's work to do a supercut of every single death in the remake but with that stupid song edited in.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Yuffie is super jerkface like in original game

Whenever she shows up in 5 years

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Square is winning me back! Looks like they final got their heads out of their asses these past few years.