• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind that Cloud and Zack post-Hojo experimentation are stronger than a standard first class SOLDIER. Singular first classes shouldn't really be a threat to him.
Oh yea, it's just weird to see such important group to the plot not ever utilized outside of random encounters. Seems like this game is rectifying that though.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
Cloud's voice actor
x6Wge1Kl.jpg

Barret's voice actor
aTH4qwl.jpg

Aerith's voice actress
z1gJIgrl.jpg

Tifa's voice actress
s7UAbVGl.jpg

Sephiroth's voice actor
GS5tMGIl.jpg

smh, they couldn't get a guy with long white hair for Sephiroth

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
I think the guys who are redesigning the enemies need to get more praise, can't believe how good even the normal enemies look, that Eligor should be a boss looking that amazing.

Also I don't get the praise for the Japanese dub, I don't understand the language, but it doesn't sound any different than countless of other anime, so why is it so much better than the English one? I think we need to wait to see how they actually talk when you're playing the game, like the banter. I do agree that some lines sound a little awkward.

I like the new Soldier addition, I hope we get more as side bosses or post-game secret bosses.

What I really love about the game are the little details, like the mini buster sword on frog-Cloud, these are the things that make a game special. You know the people who are making the game love it as much as the fans.

SlickMajestic

Feb 13, 2019
Lorn VI, Necron
What I love most about this remake, aside from how good it looks, is that it paves the way for them to remake Final Fantasy 6 at some point in the next decade, which will blow even FF7 out of the water once its done. While FF7 shall remain the most popular FF out there, due to its graphics and time of release, FF6 is widely considered to crown jewel for many older gaming fans. It was truly the first JRPG (which was simply "RPG" back then) to garner the genre a lot of attention, and heavily influence the games that Squaresoft and their many emulators developed after it.

It also had the most dynamic and interesting cast of characters in any Final Fantasy to date, and it would be spectacular to see Locke, Edgar, Celes, Terra, and company brought into a modern world. FF6 was dark, had a sadistic and fantastic main villain, dealt with a world which underwent an entire transformation ... and the story they could tell with Celes' character makes my pants hard with thought. Probably my favorite FF Character.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think the guys who are redesigning the enemies need to get more praise, can't believe how good even the normal enemies look, that Eligor should be a boss looking that amazing.

Also I don't get the praise for the Japanese dub, I don't understand the language, but it doesn't sound any different than countless of other anime, so why is it so much better than the English one? I think we need to wait to see how they actually talk when you're playing the game, like the banter. I do agree that some lines sound a little awkward.

I like the new Soldier addition, I hope we get more as side bosses or post-game secret bosses.

What I really love about the game are the little details, like the mini buster sword on frog-Cloud, these are the things that make a game special. You know the people who are making the game love it as much as the fans.

The fact that materia actually show up in your gear and (so I've heard) actually glow independently when their abilities are activated is pretty fantastic.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Really excited for this. I tried the original game not that long ago and it has aged too much for my tastes so i'm happy to dive into this legendary game with the remake.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
I could see this ending on a big cliffhanger to build up hype for part 2

Then the post credits scene is Cloud and Sephiroth clashing in the rain of some unknown Metropolis and during their final clash of blades, they are interrupted. The two mortal enemy look upon the intruder in awe? Who could this mysterious adversary be?

It's fucking Verum Rex. Nomura tricked us again

Saleal

May 24, 2019
has everyone forgotten Barret's english Va talking about dubbing some lines for the TGA trailer. This is obviously not the final product as the actors could only rely on the footage given to them by square of Japan. That means they have limited context on how their characters should feel and act, only relying on the Japanese version which is why they sound stilted.

Oct 30, 2017
While FF7 shall remain the most popular FF out there, due to its graphics and time of release
Wow... two decades later and there are still people like you out there who try too hard to minimize FFVII in favor for FFVI?

Claiming FFVII it's popular and fans favorite because of the graphics?

Even those who played FFVII later on and still favorite it because of the great game it is.

FFVII is considered not only the best game in the franchise but overall in the industry by MANY for good legit reasons.

Amazing story and cast of characters and world settings and OST and battle system... it's a masterpiece gem of a game.

So stop trying too hard to minimize the game just because you can't stand the fact that it's more popular and loved and favorited than the other your FF favorite game.

Last edited:

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
What I love most about this remake, aside from how good it looks, is that it paves the way for them to remake Final Fantasy 6 at some point in the next decade, which will blow even FF7 out of the water once its done. While FF7 shall remain the most popular FF out there, due to its graphics and time of release, FF6 is widely considered to crown jewel for many older gaming fans. It was truly the first JRPG (which was simply "RPG" back then) to garner the genre a lot of attention, and heavily influence the games that Squaresoft and their many emulators developed after it.

It also had the most dynamic and interesting cast of characters in any Final Fantasy to date, and it would be spectacular to see Locke, Edgar, Celes, Terra, and company brought into a modern world. FF6 was dark, had a sadistic and fantastic main villain, dealt with a world which underwent an entire transformation ... and the story they could tell with Celes' character makes my pants hard with thought. Probably my favorite FF Character.

this guy right here

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Have we had any other voice actors confirmed yet?

I feel like Don sounds a lot like Mark Hammil, but that would be odd casting against the rest of the cast who is Aria's brother from PLL and *shrug* (not that that's a bad thing, can't be doing with the same old actors over and over).

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guessing we'll see Shinra tower in the next one.

VGA?