• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Badger from Breaking Bad is Wedge. 😅

source.gif

Oh ace! That's cool then, not seen anyone outside the main few.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Don does sounds a bit like Mark Hamill, but I don't think it's him.
He is usually very easy to spot, but it's his "sugar" that make's me think it isn't him.
I'm more than happily wrong I love Mark, but I won't be surprised if it's not him.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Can't believe he actually did a. "Nothing personal kid".
One thing I find interesting about that scene in Japanese is that he asks "what" Cloud is, or maybe something along the lines of "You... what the...?"

Same general meaning as who are you, but it implies that he wonders specifically WHAT he is in relation to Aerith. Maybe the Turks were wary of her forging connections to people that might take her outside their zone of observation.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I find interesting about that scene in Japanese is that he asks "what" Cloud is, or maybe something along the lines of "You... what the...?"

Same general meaning as who are you, but it implies that he wonders specifically WHAT he is in relation to Aerith. Maybe the Turks were wary of her forging connections to people that might take her outside their zone of observation.
Pretty sure from his eyes they're assuming he's soldier or former soldier and are just confused.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it'll sound like that in the actual game, but the choppy editing of the English voiceovers kinda gives it a throwback anime dub charm. Like those old-school dubs where the dub didn't quite match the animation.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
There's one track in this that sounds a lot like a Sakimoto/BASISCAPE arrangement and I suddenly realized I wanted an FF7 ost in that style.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
When i played FFVII as a kid i always thought President Shinra reminded me of italian PM Silvio Berlusconi, so...

71084064_2461928580522854_7947887361214382080_n.jpg

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
As Maximilian Dood pointed out in his video, there seems to be additional Avalanche members helping the team out at, what I believe is the plate pillar event. I made a prediction that, with the extending of the Midgar portion, there might be a part where you recruit new Avalanche members or inspire people to join the cause (and see through Shinra's BS).

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I'm losing my mind over the SOLDIER operative on the motorcycle with the mullet! The moves he's doing on that thing made my heart skip a beat, I love him! I hope he ends up as an awesome bossfight, and a prelude to hopefully more fleshed out members of SOLDIER!

Who knows, maybe we'll see Zack's friend Kunsel show up!

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
This is what I'm talking about, honestly. Characters do such tiny amounts of damage (I know it's likely Barret shooting them and his attacks SHOULD do less damage per individual bullet, but still) that it just feels kind of weird.
That's something I'm not looking forward to. I've never been a fan of stagger gameplay (HATE FFXIII's battle system). I HATE action games where regular enemies take lots of hits to defeat. I love the first Lords of Shadow game, but sometimes they lock you in an area and you have to defeat wave after wave of regular monsters that you whip and whip and whip and they take forever to defeat. I love that game (mainly the story, music and art direction), but gameplay like that, or gameplay like FFXIII is, to me, NOT FUN. To be honest, I find old fashion turn-based level grinding MORE FUN than that, and that's no fun at all.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That's something I'm not looking forward to. I've never been a fan of stagger gameplay (HATE FFXIII's battle system). I HATE action games where regular enemies take lots of hits to defeat. I love the first Lords of Shadow game, but sometimes they lock you in an area and you have to defeat wave after wave of regular monsters that you whip and whip and whip and they take forever to defeat. I love that game (mainly the story, music and art direction), but gameplay like that, or gameplay like FFXIII is, to me, NOT FUN. To be honest, I find old fashion turn-based level grinding MORE FUN than that, and that's no fun at all.

Yeah. Stagger systems are really not fun, especially in a full action format. Enemies being able to do catastrophic damage to you freely whereas you have to plink away at them until they're suddenly "vulnerable" bugs the hell out of me.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
anyone get their hands on an uncompressed press version yet?
1. Last I checked the NA Square Press Site still doesn't have it up.
2. Best you're gonna get is a higher bitrate MP4 which is still heavily compressed. In fact just about any video you'll ever see will always be compressed. uncompressed video is fucking massive in size.

Oct 30, 2017
Ive played the original game several times, it's one of my favourite games of all time and I think it's amazing that we are going to get to play so much more FF7. Waiting won't be fun, but if they're consistent, it will be worth the wait between games.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I'm losing my mind over the SOLDIER operative on the motorcycle with the mullet! The moves he's doing on that thing made my heart skip a beat, I love him! I hope he ends up as an awesome bossfight, and a prelude to hopefully more fleshed out members of SOLDIER!

There simply cannot be a character in this game named Kunsel. 😫

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
This is what I'm talking about, honestly. Characters do such tiny amounts of damage (I know it's likely Barret shooting them and his attacks SHOULD do less damage per individual bullet, but still) that it just feels kind of weird.
That's definitely Barret doing low damage. Tifa is also not dealing amazing damage but it seems like her damage comes from the end of her combos based on earlier footage. Whereas Aerith is consistently hitting over 50 with each attack, presumably to balance out her slower play style. I'd say the damage they're dealing seems about right for how weak each character should be at this point.

Also based on the brief combat demonstration at E3 we saw Cloud was taking off half of an enemies life with a single combo and even killing them instantly with a limit break. So hopefully the game shouldn't feel like we're just chipping away at every single enemy.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how limit breaks are going to handle, because you can definitely get finishing touch in midgar. I'm going to assume only the first two will actually be in the game.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
The more I see the remake.. the less hyped I get. Crisis Core had an ost full of great orchestrated remixes but somehow FFVIIR has managed to make every major theme sound like a random generic backround theme... Also wtf is going on with the script?

Adonais

Oct 29, 2017
Metaverse

Careful what you wish for. I don't mind more unique designs for the Soldier enemies, but once they start naming them...you know they'll try to shove
them into every corner of the FFVII universe and give them history with every character whether they were part of the original story or not.

Oct 25, 2017
The more I see the remake.. the less hyped I get. Crisis Core had an ost full of great orchestrated remixes but somehow FFVIIR has managed to make every major theme sound like a random generic backround theme... Also wtf is going on with the script?
I only remember Crisis core have great orchestrated remixes in the intro and credits. Everything n between was edgy 2000 guitar techno noise. Also, Nojima hasn't written a decent script for a long time.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's one thing for us older gamers to be bowled over, but can you imagine how hype this game looks to teenagers who never played FF games before? There's going to be a bunch of new fans claiming this is the best game ever.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

It kinda feels like they're DELIBERATELY avoiding doing standard Tsuyoshi Sekito "guitar overload" remixes of the battle themes in the Crisis Core vein. Which is both good and bad. I'm kind of sick of Sekito's style. But it does kind of make some of Uematsu's melodies disappear into the background, which is a bummer.