• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
CXwDoSQ.jpg

I like Aerith so much in this remake. Gorgeous is an understatement.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Oml the VA was worse than I thought it'd be..like, quite literally the best looking JRPG ever and this is the VA quality we get. :(

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
I was wondering how a two minute trailer could have 30 pages so quick

I mean, goddamn, actually validates my entire childhood

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Barret's line 'I've got your lethal force right here!' is hilarious. Loving some of the hammy dialogue. FFVII has always been a spectacular hammy sci fantasy opera.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate that if corneo had shaved that nasty mustache he'd be supermy type, and that makes me really uncomfortable

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, aside from that one photo of Aerith, the other scenes in the trailer have her jaw looking fine. So maybe that's just an old render?

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
For me, FFXII nd FFXV has the best English voice direction. Funny that the games Nomura and Kitase had bigger roles in (mainly Kitase, as I don't want to blame Nomura more) are the ones that sound the most wannabe-anime to me(FFX, FFXIII, FFVIIR). And I mean English dub studio anime. I wonder of Kitase has say in VO direction, and if that's the reason why those three games (and the sequels/spinoffs) have such anime-y VOs.

FFXII was fine and didn't come off too anime-y. Sounded more theatric (as others noted), and FFXV felt more serious and mellow in tempo compared to most anime VOs. And many of the VOs from those two games ARE anime VOs, but with the right direction, you can take away the generic anime-feel and get something, dare I say, BETTER. I think FF should strive for that "better" quality. Again, I'm not blaming the voice actors, but the overall direction.

It's all in direction. who ever did the voice direction in KH3 and Dissidia NT is awful. just compare Ray Chase's Noctis to Dissidia

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
While it's only going to be part 1 of the overall story, it's obvious that they're expanding things so much more in the remake, like this new SOLDIER/bike chase, seeing possibly the whole collapse sequence instead of showing up when it was just Barrett. I would rather have a huge modern JRPG than a screen for screen remake, being able to see how things happen (Tseng taking Aerith as she protects Marlene) is a huge plus to me as someone that's finished the original 40+ times.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I like that they're taking the inspiration from the Organization XIII fights for the Turks now. Give them their own personality and fighting style.

Everyone is so damn good-looking.

Great Don Corneo too. Genuinely shocked at how they pulled that off.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing visuals and I love the updated score but I'm not feeling the English voice acting at all.
Hopefully we can get the option for Japanese voice track?

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
I'm definitely going to do a full replay of the original FF7 again before this comes out. Time to bust out that PS1 copy.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I really wish Red got revealed in this trailer but no matter what this was so good that I can't be too sad. I got to take a better look at the summons and they look fantastic.

It's really damn similar!
tumblr_pxo91tbSC21vgzd4so4_r1_540.gif
DB6711958FA707CBB50CE02827C923113F388CD0

tumblr_pxo91tbSC21vgzd4so5_r1_540.gif
giphy.gif

source.gif
The CG in Final Fantasy VIII still impresses me to this day.
JRPG's have definitely affected what i perceive to be attractive. Aerith looks far better to me now
Yeah, everyone keeps looking better with every new trailer.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Cant wait to see Tifa and Cloud on a dress. DonCornelio looks ace. Glad they are keeping the goofy parts.

Im actually really SHOCKED at how much squarenix is nailing it.
Everything looks on fucking point.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
It's one thing for us older gamers to be bowled over, but can you imagine how hype this game looks to teenagers who never played FF games before? There's going to be a bunch of new fans claiming this is the best game ever.
I've thought about that a lot. I mean, I'm living through quite a lot of daydreams right now. We've all been waiting for this for so long. The PS3 tech demo was 14 years ago and some of us were thinking about this before even then.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
For people disappointed in the voice acting, remember that KH3's trailers had terrible edits of the voice acting and it ended up being pretty great. I wouldn't worry too much.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Barret's VA said something about him recording for TGS (then he deleted it), so I wouldn't be shocked if some (if not all) of this trailer had its dialogue not taken from the actual game. Although the game's seven months away, so I don't know.

Anyways, in the leaked demo footage you only control Cloud outside of battles (it automatically changes control to him). I don't know if that was for demo purposes or for the beginning of the game, but I doubt we'll get to play as any other than Cloud beyond some measured instances. The Tifa part seems to be part of an individual task in a mission or something (the place looks too slick and modern to be the second reactor, so maybe it's the Shinra HQ or a new place).

Tifa being in the gym is probably from when you get back to Wall Market with Barret and her to climb the plate.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Just wait for the inevitable definitive edition with all 3 in one, that's my plan lol.
Mine as well, especially next gen, and if there's a PC version. I've waited this long, I'm in no rush at all. It would just be nice to have, even if I don't like the gameplay. Please let there be mods on top of that for PC.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
This has me insanely excited for 16. Cant imagine what 16 even means at this point considering how good this looks.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
FFXV is actually a better example of voice acting that was better than the trailers indicated.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
So much money and effort is being put into this and they give absolute trash dialog and voice acting. Guess we'll have to wait for the remake remake.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can we please have confirmation that Mark Hamill and Clancy Brown are in this?

Also, yeah, the English VO is rough in spots. I'm definitely sticking with the French one lol.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Barret's VA said something about him recording for TGS (then he deleted it), so I wouldn't be shocked if some (if not all) of this trailer had its dialogue not taken from the actual game. Although the game's seven months away, so I don't know.

Anyways, in the leaked demo footage you only control Cloud outside of battles (it automatically changes control to him). I don't know if that was for demo purposes or for the beginning of the game, but I doubt we'll get to play as any other than Cloud beyond some measured instances. The Tifa part seems to be part of an individual task in a mission or something (the place looks too slick and modern to be the second reactor, so maybe it's the Shinra HQ or a new place).

Tifa being in the gym is probably from when you get back to Wall Market with Barret and her to climb the plate.
Leaked footage? Is there anywhere to watch it?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Love the redesigns of Ifrit and Shiva. Ifrit is quite different, but still retains the demon-like form (whereas in other games he's more of an animal) and Shiva is relatively similar, although considerably more detailed, obviously.

I never truly cared for them in VII. Particularly Ifrit (even if we don't compare him to his GOAT renditions in VIII and, to a lesser degree, X). The Remake version of him honestly brings him to the top, he looks like fucking Akuma, love it.
373885-ifrit7_c.jpg
latest

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
People seemed pretty positive about the VA from the E3 demo. I'm assuming this is just a poorly put together trailer.
I'm not saying I'm talking for everybody regarding the taste of anime-y VA. Those of us that don't like that kinda of VA could very well be in the minority and a lot of people don't mind that kind of voice work. There are a lot of anime dubs I can't watch because of stereotypical anime-y VA direction, but that doesn't meant those anime (especially the dubs) aren't well liked by lots of anime fans. It's just taste.