• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think the dub is bad, the writing is just terrible. True to form, I guess.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Leaked footage? Is there anywhere to watch it?
I think it's no longer available. Although if you search for it on Youtube with a filter on "this week" you might find some mirror hidden there, I frankly don't know.

Anyways, it's just an off-screen recording of the Gamescom demo; pretty bad quality.

I wouldn't watch it though: they should be releasing a direct-feed of said demo today/tomorrow (depending on where you live), so I wouldn't bother. It's not even a meaty demo and we've already seen most of it in the E3 presentation, so I'd wait!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's no longer available. Although if you search for it on Youtube with a filter on "this week" you might find some mirror hidden there, I frankly don't know.

Anyways, it's just an off-screen recording of the Gamescom demo; pretty bad quality.

I wouldn't watch it though: they should be releasing a direct-feed of said demo today/tomorrow (depending on where you live), so I wouldn't bother. It's not even a meaty demo and we've already seen most of it in the E3 presentation, so I'd wait!
Ah, gotcha. Thank you for the explanation. I'll just wait then.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
A lot of people really hate KH3's voice acting and pacing in cutscenes.
You're not talking about the voice acting right?

cause if you are...

Well first of all its really not as bad as some think. I have absolutely no problem with that cutscene and think the voices fit those characters well.

Second, I was mostly referring to what we saw in the trailers vs the released game. The trailers had terrible sound mixing and that was not very present in the game. I am sure there will be a Japanese voice option for those who want it, but lets be real dub haters are impossible to please.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
Well first of all its really not as bad as some think. I have absolutely no problem with that cutscene and think the voices fit those characters well.

Second, I was mostly referring to what we saw in the trailers vs the released game. The trailers had terrible sound mixing and that was not very present in the game. I am sure there will be a Japanese voice option for those who want it, but lets be real dub haters are impossible to please.

Listen, I'm a dub or nothing guy, but I couldn't stand the voice direction for KH3 which failed all the talent in the cast.
you could write a whole paper on how terrible the writing and direction of this scene is. It violates fundamental rules of filmmaking for no benefit.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm where can I find the highest quality screenshot of that Aerith dress shot...want to make an avatar.

By the way, this looks fucking amazing. I can't wait.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Oh my, this looks so fucking good. I honestly can't wait and the thought of potentially playing this, TLOU2 and 2077 all within months of each other is blowing my damn mind.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not saying I'm talking for everybody regarding the taste of anime-y VA. Those of us that don't like that kinda of VA could very well be in the minority and a lot of people don't mind that kind of voice work. There are a lot of anime dubs I can't watch because of stereotypical anime-y VA direction, but that doesn't meant those anime (especially the dubs) aren't well liked by lots of anime fans. It's just taste.
Oh yeah I get that. It's just from what I recall the people who were positive on the voice acting and the writing were people that would definitely be put off by Kingdom Hearts for example.

People seemed surprisingly positive about the quality of the writing and voice acting in the E3 demo and how natural the exchanges between Cloud and Barrett felt that I'm more inclined to believe this trailer is just a terrible representation of the voice acting due to the way it's edited.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish Red got revealed in this trailer but no matter what this was so good that I can't be too sad. I got to take a better look at the summons and they look fantastic.

It's really damn similar!
tumblr_pxo91tbSC21vgzd4so4_r1_540.gif
DB6711958FA707CBB50CE02827C923113F388CD0

tumblr_pxo91tbSC21vgzd4so5_r1_540.gif
giphy.gif

source.gif
Too bad it's gonna take like half a decade to get any kind of emotional payoff on NuAerith.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I've thought about that a lot. I mean, I'm living through quite a lot of daydreams right now. We've all been waiting for this for so long. The PS3 tech demo was 14 years ago and some of us were thinking about this before even then.
That tech demo was such a tease. I can't believe it's been 14 years too, I've been discussing the idea of a remake on forums for so long at this point.

Only 6 months to go now, though, pretty surreal.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Besides assumptions, have any timetables been given as to the release of subsequent games in the series? Its such awkward timing because PS5 is soon and to have the first part of the FF7 remake series be on old hardware, i imagine if this goes into next gen they believe they can remaster the remake (lol) enough to bring the visuals up. All im saying is theyve been working on this for a long time and i wouldnt be too shocked to see the releases actually not be that far apart.
Would create a really wierd visual difference if the assets havent even been made yet for the newer games since they would spec for PS5.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Love the redesigns of Ifrit and Shiva. Ifrit is quite different, but still retains the demon-like form (whereas in other games he's more of an animal) and Shiva is relatively similar, although considerably more detailed, obviously.

I never truly cared for them in VII. Particularly Ifrit (even if we don't compare him to his GOAT renditions in VIII and, to a lesser degree, X). The Remake version of him honestly brings him to the top, he looks like fucking Akuma, love it.
373885-ifrit7_c.jpg
latest
Gotta be honest, I hated animal Ifrit (FFVIII, FFIX, FFX). I'm a classic FF fan, so I love me my humanoid demon Ifrit, and from the looks of it, FFVIIR's Ifrit is a considerable change from the Crisis Core redesign, which has me happy (not a fan of the FFVII Compilation). For one, it looks like FFVIIR's Ifrit has old school Ifrit's purple hair. Second, he has human-like feet as opposed to Crisis Core's Ifrit's hooves:
XIVCEiM.png
9b34f2fa227867be703b5e3b3787a0b3.jpg

Also, just noiticing right now, FFVIIR's Ifrit's horns extend up and back vertically (like original) rather than out to the side and back horizontally (like Crisis Core's Ifrit). Basically, they are extended out, hovering over his head's side more than extending out and hovering down over his back like a lot of past Ifrits.

19dyfqgf9e32zjpg.jpg

If you look, FFVIIR's Ifrit also has the spine ridges coming through his back like above.

Last edited:

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Besides assumptions, have any timetables been given as to the release of subsequent games in the series? Its such awkward timing because PS5 is soon and to have the first part of the FF7 remake series be on old hardware, i imagine if this goes into next gen they believe they can remaster the remake (lol) enough to bring the visuals up. All im saying is theyve been working on this for a long time and i wouldnt be too shocked to see the releases actually not be that far apart.
Would create a really wierd visual difference if the assets havent even been made yet for the newer games since they would spec for PS5.

absolutely zero. I wouldn't be surprised if we heard about the future of FF games at E3 2020.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
absolutely zero. I wouldn't be surprised if we heard about the future of FF games at E3 2020.

Unless they can give meaty information on additional sections of Remake, then I wouldn't expect them to talk about them so soon after the first part is released. So if they talk about the future of FF there then i'd imagine it'd be FF16 since they've had to be working on that for some time.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Honestly, I'm considering canceling my preorder due the almost assured rerelease on PS5

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
You're right.

The general quality of the model is probably about the same though.
I don't know...the image you posted looks really bad in some parts and somehow looks just like Tidus lmao

In the actual scene Squall looks way more realistic and everything is touched up better. It holds up to this day even though it's a PS1 game. If VIII ever gets a remake I want this style kept but updated into higher quality graphics.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
Gotta be honest, I hated animal Ifrit (FFVIII, FFIX, FFX). I'm a classic FF fan, so I love me my humanoid demon Ifrit, and from the looks of it, FFVIIR's Ifrit is a considerable change from the Crisis Core redesign, which has me happy (not a fan of the FFVII Compilation). For one, it looks like FFVIIR's Ifrit has old school Ifrit's purple hair. Second, he has human-like feet as opposed to Crisis Core's Ifrit's hooves:
XIVCEiM.png
9b34f2fa227867be703b5e3b3787a0b3.jpg

That dong is distracting

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This was a fucking amazing trailer, and it makes me want to go back and finish the original game already lol

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know...the image you posted looks really bad in some parts and somehow looks just like Tidus lmao

In the actual scene Squall looks way more realistic and everything is touched up better. It holds up to this day even though it's a PS1 game. If VIII ever gets a remake I want this style kept but updated into higher quality graphics.

The "actual" scene is 320x240 which hides all of the limitations and flaws shown in the high-resolution render :P

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
27 pages and I'm just gonna assume it's all about Aerith's big ass feet.

fQekGe5.jpg

Ain't no shame, sometimes you just got to bring these things into the table. Just to spare anyone else's shame into talking about it. Don't look at me like that.

Game looks pretty good tho.

I'm so used to Kingdom Heart's clown feet that I don't even bat an eye at this.

latest

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Voice acting is the only questionable thing. Shame I won't buy it until all 3 games come out cause it looks amazing

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forgive my ignorance about TGS but is anything actually getting shown off during between Thursday and Saturday? It seems everything's come out beforehand.

OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Forgive my ignorance about TGS but is anything actually getting shown off during between Thursday and Saturday? It seems everything's come out beforehand.
Some companies release trailers before the show starts, especially when there isn't any sort of conference to debut the trailer.
There will still be a lot of trailers that come out once the show starts, as well as some gameplay during the show.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Hey now there are a lot of us women with big feet. I can't even imagine how hard it was for her to find those shoes in her size :(

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, voice acting is really bad, but the visuals might be the best I've ever seen. This is what I thought the future would be like when I was a kid in the '90s.