• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish Red got revealed in this trailer but no matter what this was so good that I can't be too sad. I got to take a better look at the summons and they look fantastic.

It's really damn similar!
tumblr_pxo91tbSC21vgzd4so4_r1_540.gif
DB6711958FA707CBB50CE02827C923113F388CD0

tumblr_pxo91tbSC21vgzd4so5_r1_540.gif
giphy.gif

source.gif

If misguided FFVIII haters taught me anything, it's that FFVII Remake will only be popular because FFVIII released first. JRPG legends Squinoa paving the way for NuClerith moments <3 FFVIII stays INFLUENTIAL

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks that Rude was a bit whitewashed. I guess it was a gradual process if you look at Advent Children and Crisis Core, but compared to the original? Man.
roFLuWG.png

compared to:
3JNy9f0.png

m9uci9W.png

hpMgOad.png

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow there's a lot of changes. What are these ghosts? And that SOLDIER guy?

They're going the Advent Children route and trying to modernize the story. I hope they don't fuck it up but I personally don't think things are looking promising going by the dialogue. But everyone seems excited either way.

The tone is totally different and it's depressing me. Lol

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Dude looks more like slightly dark skinned japanese guy than a black guy.
Sucks that Rude was a bit whitewashed. I guess it was a gradual process if you look at Advent Children and Crisis Core, but compared to the original? Man.
roFLuWG.png

compared to:
3JNy9f0.png

m9uci9W.png

hpMgOad.png

I always got the impression that Rude was just inspired by the kind of yakuza tough that likes tanning way too much.

Rude isn't black.

He's supposed to be Latino or what is thought of as Latino in that world.

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx
They did back on PS2 though (FF XII).

Omg no, what were you listening to. The horrible audio quality, the horrible deliveries. No no no.

The fuck? X, XII, and XIII all have fantastic voice acting (minus Vanille's voice direction).

I think a lot of people think "this character is annoying me= bad voice acting," which isn't true.
[/QUOTE]

What the hell, no to all of that. Where are your standards? Not a single game you listed holds a candle to the industry's best. I adore these games but can at least admit they have failings, and VO has been the #1 for some time. The actors they hire are fantastic. The direction and overal quality is what is horrible.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
OMFG that trailer was incredible.

I cannot wait to play through a completed FFVII Remake, all parts, 4K native with more AA, 60fps plus raytracing elements added. It'll all be in the eventual, inevitable FFVII Remake Complete Edition on PS5 in 2024-2025 with full enhancements to support PS5 Pro (i.e. a more extensive use of raytracing).

Yes, that will eventually be a thing, it's been standard practice for 5+ years since we started getting a lot of remasters in 2014.

It's gonna be fucking amazing.

Fuck me.

Last edited:

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
it's been a long while since i played ff7 but i seem to remember turks being just a bunch of jobbing jokers
they seem to be mid boss tier in this?

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
OMFG that trailer was incredible.

I cannot wait to play through a completed FFVII Remake, all parts, 4K native with more AA, 60fps plus raytracing elements added. It'll all be in the eventual, inevitable FFVII Remake Complete Edition on PS5 in 2024-2025 with full enhancements to support PS5 Pro (i.e. a more extensive use of raytracing).

Yes, that will eventually be a thing, it's been standard practice for 5+ years since we started getting a lot of remasters in 2014.

It's gonna be fucking amazing.

Fuck me.
You think they are going to complete all parts by 2025?

source.gif

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Okay I'm admittedly a little worried now. All they had to show for gameplay at TGS was the very same e3 gameplay ....

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
So people are saying this is maybe like the first 6 hours or so of disk 1? How much more of disk one do they have to translate next?

I doubt it's gonna be 3 disks lol?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I dont think it's anything to worry about. The trailer was all new in itself

Right but the game is supposedly 40 hours right if we trust the dev word that each part is roughly the size of FF XIII.... there needs to be a lot there. It's near release and Tokyo game show is huge. They should have shown a new area at least!

OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Right but the game is supposedly 40 hours right if we trust the dev word that each part is roughly the size of FF XIII.... there needs to be a lot there. It's near release and Tokyo game show is huge. They should have shown a new area at least!
They.... did show a lot of new areas in the trailer though?
They are not going to make demo for all the areas. The hands-on demo will be bombing mission only.
And there is Stage event on Saturday where they will show some new info.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

the game releases in like 6 months, still plenty of time to show off stuff.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
They.... did show a lot of new areas in the trailer though?
They are not going to make demo for all the areas. The hands-on demo will be bombing mission only.
And there is Stage event on Saturday where they will show some new info.

Yeah they did! I agree there. I just thought they'd show new gameplay. I hope that on Saturday there will be then.

OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah they did! I agree there. I just thought they'd show new gameplay. I hope that on Saturday there will be then.
I mean I don't think they will show much raw gameplay for this game's PR... I expect most of the promotion to revolve around trailer (which would show new areas/gameplay)

Oct 25, 2017
I think we take for granted how hard it is for devs to stop what they doing to make a gameplay demo for a show. I expect that bombing mission to be it. Finish the game up

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Okay I'm admittedly a little worried now. All they had to show for gameplay at TGS was the very same e3 gameplay ....
It's normal. Gameplay demo is usually a separate build from the main game meant for press coverage. And with the release date pretty close, they can't afford to waste spending their resources polishing another build.

Last edited:

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
They're going the Advent Children route and trying to modernize the story. I hope they don't fuck it up but I personally don't think things are looking promising going by the dialogue. But everyone seems excited either way.

The tone is totally different and it's depressing me. Lol
From what I remember reading somewhere that the ghosts are actually cut content from original plot that they never got to finish in time

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Game looks so good!
Just wish this was getting a PC release soon, looking at it I doubt it's going to run too well on a base PS4 and I'm not going to have the patience to hold out for a PC release. Still, can't wait.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I hate, HATE not having a turn based option, but the combat doesn't look so bad I guess as long as the AI is good and knows to block and stuff like that when you aren't controlling that character, just the idea of having to constantly be moving and switching and fiddling is so unappealing to me.