• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

TtqwPOc.jpg

E3 STAGE GAMEPLAY DEMO:

ENGLISH EXTENDED TRAILER:

JAPANESE EXTENDED TRAILER:

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:
DETAILS:
  • FFVII Remake will be split into different parts with the first part arriving on March 3, 2020.
  • This first part will focus entirely on Midgar with 2 Blu-Ray discs worth of content as the development team are planning on expanding the story of Midgar.
  • You can seamlessly switch between characters with the AI taking control of the ones you aren't.
  • Enemies have a focus gauge; if filled, you can stagger your attacks for bonus damage a la Final Fantasy XIII.
  • New tactical mode in (optional).
  • The more you attack, the more two ATB meters fill up which will allow you to unleash special techniques and magic.
  • Filling ATB by attacking enemies allows you to use Tactical Mode, game slows down and allows you to plan to use abilities - described as a mix between real-time and strategic fighting.
  • Once a party member's ATB gauge fills up, you can issue commands to them during battle.
  • Tactical mode also allows you to use items however usage is limited.
  • PS4 exclusive, no mention of other platforms.
  • $80 Deluxe Edition comes with an art book, steelbook case and a mini soundtrack CD.
  • $330 First Class Edition comes with a Cloud figurine.

CAST:

The English voice cast for Final Fantasy VII Remake is:
  • Cloud, voiced by Cody Christian (All American, Teen Wolf)
  • Barret, voiced by John Eric Bentley (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Independence Day: Resurgence)
  • Aerith, voiced by Briana White (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Occupants)
  • Tifa, voiced by Britt Baron (GLOW)
  • Jessie, voiced by Erica Lindbeck (Spider-Man, Persona 5, ThunderCats Roar)
  • Biggs, voiced by Gideon Emery (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Wolf)
  • Wedge, voiced by Matt Jones (Breaking Bad)
  • Sephiroth, voiced by Tyler Hoechlin
vZ5NKNs.png

YsRZscl.png

TJXv4vv.png

9SWXWDW.png

x1PtHrX.png

RYAplJR.png

KXFwAYa.png

I9MdWKr.png

LvihmCH.png

6MXDhBc.png

LLuCMC1.jpg

Last edited:

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Like I said in the discussion thread, part 1 being Midgar only means I'll be skipping this.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is the game still getting split into three parts?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah Midgar only is a fucking disaster but it was obvious, they were only showing footage from the first few hours of the game for a reason

At least combat looks like a lot better than first thought, a good middle ground between classic gameplay and action

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The game looks shockingly good considering how much of a letdown recent Square games have been for me, but there's always gotta be some catch. Midgar only means I'm probably skipping this until the rest of the parts are out.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Wait the entire game is only two parts? Meaning the entirety of post-Midgar is all in Part 2?

Shall we start taking bets on how long it takes them to finish Part 2 since they now have to do the entire rest of the world? I hope everyone likes picking the town and/or cave you want to go to from a quick-travel map.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Wait the entire game is only two parts? Meaning the entirety of post-Midgar is all in Part 2?

Shall we start taking bets on how long it takes them to finish Part 2 since they now have to do the entire rest of the world? I hope everyone likes picking the town and/or cave you want to go to from a quick-travel map.
They could always just be planning to cut a bunch of stuff.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I had assumed 3 parts with part 1 being Midgar only, but only 2 parts with part 1 being Midgar is really strange.
Part 2 is totally 5-6 years away.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
For some reason I thought he said this part will be releasing on 2 blu ray discs because its aka filled with so much content and that the first disc is solely Midgar. Guess I heard it wrong.

I never played FFVII but people make it seem like Midgar is like 4 hours of the original 40+ hour game.

Watching that fight, it looks like a typical FF game, nothing breathe taking but I still want to play this.

I really liked FFXV, that boss fight in this trailer did nothing for me. Somewhat underwhelming.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Midgar only. Fucking lol. The entire second part is the rest of the game? So part 1 is like 15% and part 2 is the other 85? The fuck? It took them this long to get midgar only out? Good lord

Its a safe bet theyre condensing this game significantly. And by significantly I mean by like 80%.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
The episodic split (two parts, 1 being midgar only) is super weird. But what they showed looks really nice.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I had assumed 3 parts with part 1 being Midgar only, but only 2 parts with part 1 being Midgar is really strange.
Part 2 is totally 5-6 years away.
If 1 part is midgar only, part 2 will never be able to adress the whole story that comes after. It is way too much. A lot sounds like it's going to be cut. Sadly

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Combat has the potential to be the best one in the series, judging from what was shown.

Will love the bigger Midgar. 100% hyped here lol

Oct 27, 2017
That's a headscratcher. 90% of the original game takes place outside of Midgar.

What I fear most now is an anaemic conclusion....

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So they're gonna stretch Midgar into a whole game and then compress everything else into another.

This will go well.

Oct 25, 2017
I would say questioning how they split up the content here is fair given how little of the original they seem to be doing for part 1.

He's right though. This place has been it's been straight negativity. Not even healthy skepticism. Just straight negative. People outside of this place are geeking out hard. It's clear Midgar will be expanded.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
As someone who didn't play FFVII yet but might be interested in this game, what's the issue with Midgar only?

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason I thought he said this part will be releasing on 2 blu ray discs because its aka filled with so much content and that the first disc is solely Midgar. Guess I heard it wrong.

I never played FFVII but people make it seem like Midgar is like 4 hours of the original 40+ hour game.

Watching that fight, it looks like a typical FF game, nothing breathe taking but I still want to play this.

I really liked FFXV, that boss fight in this trailer did nothing for me. Somewhat underwhelming.

I'm currently playing FFVII, honestly really surprised that you leave in like 4-5 hours.