- Dec 28, 2017
E3 STAGE GAMEPLAY DEMO:
ENGLISH EXTENDED TRAILER:
JAPANESE EXTENDED TRAILER:
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:
- FFVII Remake will be split into different parts with the first part arriving on March 3, 2020.
- This first part will focus entirely on Midgar with 2 Blu-Ray discs worth of content as the development team are planning on expanding the story of Midgar.
- You can seamlessly switch between characters with the AI taking control of the ones you aren't.
- Enemies have a focus gauge; if filled, you can stagger your attacks for bonus damage a la Final Fantasy XIII.
- New tactical mode in (optional).
- The more you attack, the more two ATB meters fill up which will allow you to unleash special techniques and magic.
- Filling ATB by attacking enemies allows you to use Tactical Mode, game slows down and allows you to plan to use abilities - described as a mix between real-time and strategic fighting.
- Once a party member's ATB gauge fills up, you can issue commands to them during battle.
- Tactical mode also allows you to use items however usage is limited.
- PS4 exclusive, no mention of other platforms.
- $80 Deluxe Edition comes with an art book, steelbook case and a mini soundtrack CD.
- $330 First Class Edition comes with a Cloud figurine.
The English voice cast for Final Fantasy VII Remake is:
- Cloud, voiced by Cody Christian (All American, Teen Wolf)
- Barret, voiced by John Eric Bentley (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Independence Day: Resurgence)
- Aerith, voiced by Briana White (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Occupants)
- Tifa, voiced by Britt Baron (GLOW)
- Jessie, voiced by Erica Lindbeck (Spider-Man, Persona 5, ThunderCats Roar)
- Biggs, voiced by Gideon Emery (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Wolf)
- Wedge, voiced by Matt Jones (Breaking Bad)
- Sephiroth, voiced by Tyler Hoechlin