FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - Trailer for E3 2019 w/ Details & Gameplay Demo

DiipuSurotu

Oct 25, 2017
France
Coming from FF7 being my favourite game of all time, literally everything I saw was perfect and far better than I could ever have imagined. All the characters look on point, the graphics and city look amazing, combat looks really well done. Can't wait for March to experience the story again in a whole new way! I even love that it will be multiple games, the world and story is so huge that it deserves to be fleshed out. An entire game that fits onto 2 blu-rays and ends with you leaving Midgar? Give me that shit.
Wait the two discs are Midgar???

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
They should put a big 'Part 1' title in the boxart because some people will think it's the full game when they see it stores imo.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing it'll go something like this..

First game = 2 discs (Midgar)
Second game = 2/3 discs (Kalm-->The Crater)
Third game = 2/3 discs (Escape from Junon --> End)

We should be in next gen by part 2 so they might use 1 disc because the disc could be bigger .
And because they will be able to do more stuff in real time since they will have more power.

Manyo

Dec 3, 2018
Everything about it seems so perfect. I hope they keep a variation of this battle system for future titles. I especially love how they seem to use fire as a trigger for Sephiroth in the trailers so far or at least burn up the environment when he shows up, it just makes so much sense. Character designs are outstanding and voices are great. Barret's voice will hopefully grow on me after more serious conversations. Now it only needs to be a success so they can realise the whole world and story.

wtd2009

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
We should be in next gen by part 2 so they might use 1 disc because the disc could be bigger .
And because they will be able to do more stuff in real time since they will have more power.
Yeah, Actually makes me happy they dedicated the first part just for midgar so we get the entire rest of the world built for next gen. Gonna be awesome. Just hope they keep the momentum going.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
How the fuck are people ok with a whole game being just Midgar? Yes I do get it get it is a remake and not 1:1 but revamping of padding that will be needed will be fucking immense. Expanding in things from the original game is more than fine but this is too much. The game can't be anything other than an absolute mess.
See you in the release hype thread in 8 months!

Second black guy confirmed!
Who is the first?

*ERA rimshots*

...I’ll see myself out.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Wow gameplay actually looks surprisingly fun. I just assumed it would be sh*t based on FF XV. The tactics mode and party switching give a nice FF XII vibe.

Simon-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I don't know if it was already pointed out, but doesn't the Hardedge seem faster than the Buster Sword?
Do you think different swords will have different weight and speed (like the Murasame, for instance)? That would be freaking cool.

Gbraga

Oct 25, 2017
What make me happy is we can looking forward to this battle system for years .
Thanks to the game being more parts .
IMO they really did strike a good balance to make both groups happy.
Hahaha, you're not wrong.

I imagine I'll end up never choosing to carry my save files, if there's such an option, because I'll definitely end up really overleveled in each part.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
How the fuck are people ok with a whole game being just Midgar? Yes I do get it get it is a remake and not 1:1 but revamping of padding that will be needed will be fucking immense. Expanding in things from the original game is more than fine but this is too much. The game can't be anything other than an absolute mess.
I'm certainly not. I think at this point the defence force is using the excuse we wouldn't get the game otherwise and FF7 is just too damn big to be made HD.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
What make me happy is we can looking forward to this battle system for years .
Thanks to the game being more parts .
IMO they really did strike a good balance to make both groups happy.
I've mentioned it a few times before, but if this battle system is as good as it seems, I kind of hope it becomes the go to Final Fantasy battle system for the foreseeable future. I really miss when Final Fantasy had a gameplay identity, and I think building and iterating on a battle system (like they did in the IV-IX era) is going to be better for the series than building one from the ground up every time.

Gbraga

Oct 25, 2017
I'm certainly not. I think at this point the defence force is using the excuse we wouldn't get the game otherwise and FF7 is just too damn big to be made HD.
I mean, I'm not a fan either, but I enjoy the combat they showed a lot more than I dislike the fact that it's Midgar only.

I want to play the game they showed, even if it wasn't FFVII.

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the battle system in action looked like a blast. It also made me want a Parasite Eve remake using something similar to this battle system. Can’t wait.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Red XIII doesn't seem to have a Voice Cast listing as per the other thread

Weird. Either he isn't showing up in Part 1, they're not announcing his VA for some reason or he won't have any speaking parts.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Did y'all hear the non-stop chatter during the scorpion fight ? No wonder they're going to need 2 BD's .. just that fight alone had more dialogue than Phantom Pain's cut-scenes had.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Red XIII doesn't seem to have a Voice Cast listing as per the other thread

Weird. Either he isn't showing up in Part 1, they're not announcing his VA for some reason or he won't have any speaking parts.
Eh, this doesn't show anything about voices for President Shinra, Hojo, Heidegger, Scarlet, the Turks, et cetera, yet all of them are gonna be in there.

It's not an exhaustive list of every voice actor for the game.

Gbraga

Oct 25, 2017
He seems to have more of a rounded face in the remake, it was sharper in Advent Children.
He looks more otherworldly and alien compared to before, sorta like Griffith

It seems they went out of their way to make him look more overtly offputting and sinister
Yeah, that could be it.

He looks like a cat.

Right now I just feel like it's weird, but it could end up the good kind of weird once I get used to it.

Sedef122

Nov 7, 2017
It being split is absolutely fine, but having one game be solely Midgar is far too much. You either change the story, which again in moderation is fine, to fit a 30 -40 hour experience where the original was only 5 hours, or you pack the game with filler. Changing the story to that degree is not something that interests me, I just dont how you can do it and still stay true to the original.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I mean the two disc situation is probably the same as RDR2 one Install Disc and one Play Disc, huge file size. Helpful for people with shit internet that can't efficiently download 100 gb (probably be a day one patch too).

Mar 18, 2019
While I'm just nitpicking as your point still stands, I have to point out that FFX was purely turn based and didn't have the ATB system.
Doh! How could I forget FFX? That had one of my favourite battle systems in the series.

However, its conditional turn-based system was like a purely turn-based adaptation of ATB. So it kind of still counts as ATB-esque, in a way.