• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao the first disc is a demo of the full game. This is exactly like Ground Zeroes.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
He's right though. This place has been it's been straight negativity. Not even healthy skepticism. Just straight negative. People outside of this place are geeking out hard. It's clear Midgar will be expanded.
Most people are questioning how they will handle part 2, not whether part 1 will be short.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Like at this point why wouldnt you just release the game as a single package? Midgar is nothing. Se continues to be one of my least favorite devs/publishers. Shit makes no sense.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
This Game will cut content and reduce scope

The rest of FF7 is vast. They won't be able to do it all given that Midgar by itself constitutes half of it.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Haha this is going to be a fucking disaster. If modern Square hadn't been working on lowering my expectations for everything they do over the last decade, I'd be pretty concerned about this game given how much I loved the original as a kid.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I was not particularly excited for this before this long trailer but now I am very excited.

I wasn't against it before or anything, but this trailer was pretty significant.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
That is a strange place to cut it if it's only two parts.

Either Midgar is going to be a lot longer, or the rest of the game is going to be a lot shorter.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Looked amazing man. Combat looked good too, made FFXV look like the dogshit it is. This is how you do action.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I'm ok with midgar being a game itself. It's such an awesome setting that I'd love to see more of. I'm more concerned how they plan to fit the whole rest of the game into part 2 if midgar alone is part 1.

The game looks good and I think I'll enjoy it but as a huge fan of turn based RPG's, random battles and the material system I can't help but feel massively bummed out.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's right though. This place has been it's been straight negativity. Not even healthy skepticism. Just straight negative. People outside of this place are geeking out hard. It's clear Midgar will be expanded.
They just want it to fail and prove themselves right, it pervades gaming side attitudes about everything. It's not a healthy critique, it's just "lol this is gonna suck based on my preconceived expectations of it". They've said since 2015 when they announced it that it was going to be a comprehensive remake, that things are going to be expanded and built upon.

"How are they gonna fit all of the rest of the game into part 2" I don't know, how does a game like Witcher 3 fit the entire game into one part? Like, you're judging something a failure before you even know what it is.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Either Midgar is really big or the open world isn't going to be very open. Bizarre split.

Tawney Bomb

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
If I'm understanding this right, one game is only Midgar, and the rest of the world is the other game? They're going to cut a lot, aren't they?

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much liked everything about that but the dubbing. Jesus Christ the voice direction is disappointing.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully something was lost in translation and only the first disc of Part 1 is Midgar. If Part 1 is Midgar only, there will be a lot of episodes or a lot of content cut.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
So. Preorder Materia DLC. They just kinda slid that in there so you don't really notice.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait the entire game is only two parts? Meaning the entirety of post-Midgar is all in Part 2?

Shall we start taking bets on how long it takes them to finish Part 2 since they now have to do the entire rest of the world? I hope everyone likes picking the town and/or cave you want to go to from a quick-travel map.

Sounds like a massive chunk of the world map and content will get cut lmao.

Like no one asked for Midgar to be inflated to this degree.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Holy shit I was such a skeptic but this sold me so fucking hard on the gameplay part of the equation. Can't wait.