• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
6a7.jpg

DISCLAIMER PARODY.

I made this as an interesting new way to me to play this game again, i made a thread about this on the old place how shinra is trump and decided now to do this, some people may not like my changes, it only replaces the names of FF7 characters to real ones to give a real world context, the most notable is the Trump to Shinra.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iczbaf2ijc12ev1/flevel.lgp.rar/file
just change the file in the folder

ff7/data/field

Shinra = Trump, self explanatory
Sephiroth = Steve Bannon, worked for trump, now he's solo fighting for white supremacy around the globe.
AVALANCHE = ANTIFA, self explanatory, fights the nazi crazy man and the fascist leader
Rufus = Donald Jr, i thought first in Eric since he's way more similar to Rufus in appearance, but Donald is way more political and close to Trump admin.
Reeve = Senior Officer, why: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/05/donald-trump-oped-white-house-resistance
Scarlet = Ivanka, blonde and part of the govervnment
Palmer = Elon Musk, only wants his rocket he acts clumsy and crazy
Heidegger i havent changed = because ironicaly its the same name of a nazi philosopher. even thought ff7 character is very different.
Hojo = Josef Mengele, crazy nazi scientist aka angel of death, since he's the father of sephiroth it fits strangely well with the one winged angel
JENOVA = Aryan, a thing from the past that almost destroyed the world, and crazy people goes crazy to have more aryan genes and his son wants the world cleansing of the impure traitors.
Turks= Gestapo,secret police of the fascist, commited genocide, murder, kidnap.
Bugenhagen = Chomsky, a very old almost imortal man, leftist philosopher that Antifa likes and listen to.
black coats = white coats, i want in the future to change the model to white, For a reference to KKK following the white supremacist, idk if i will do.

I have only made these changes if anyone wants to use that as base and do additional changes or undo some name decisions i made, feel free to do it and share here, i will update the thread with your version, the tools to do it its available on qhimm website.

Forgive-me if there's any error in the text or missing changes. Tell-me if it worked, i started that only to me, but i thought on sharing this.

PICS:
8ZmhV5K.png

7WijvFE.png

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
But... Why? Is renaming Shinra to Trump and Avalanche to Antifa funny? It's just topical.

Deleted member 30365

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Well, Shinra president and his son are already orange enough that is you play the PsOne version on its original resolution, it is pixelated enough to look like him.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
This is awesome tbh. I feel like this could be a fun thing to explore both to play through but also from an academic standpoint, this is a really cool example of anti-Trump media where you wouldn't expect it.

adel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny for like 10 minutes but I don't think I'm gonna play the whole game in this mode.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Is this really "anti-Trump", or more meme foolery? I feel like this is more memetic glorification for lulz, so I dunno...this just ain't it to me, man.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
This is awesome tbh. I feel like this could be a fun thing to explore both to play through but also from an academic standpoint, this is a really cool example of anti-Trump media where you wouldn't expect it.

It's an extremely tenuous connection (they're both corprocrats?) intended to be a joke ("it's parody").

This president is fucking awful, but his worst offense in my eyes is absolutely devastating humor. Everyone thinks they've got a knee slapper just by using "Trump" as a punchline.

OP
OP

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
My playthrough where I named every character Sephiroth was better. And arguably made more sense.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
I dont think this will go down well here, but thanks for the effort of doing the mod. Must have taken some time. Is it hard to mod the game like this?

OP
OP

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think this will go down well here, but thanks for the effort of doing the mod. Must have taken some time. Is it hard to mod the game like this?
since its just to replace name, not that much, extract and "find and replace all", the problem its that the files are not unified, so takes a little while to change everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.