Reflect on your... Childhood...
I seriously love this quote. It makes Ultimecia more human.
A legendary post from one of the most legendary VIII stans!A legendary thread.
Like Artpop, Final Fantasy could mean anything. In the case of Final Fantasy 8, it means:
- A genre defining RPG, yet to be outclassed.
- A phenomenal, customizable battle system that can be avoided entirely (wow @ choosing your own play style!).
- Critical acclaim! FF8 joins the elite 90 + group on Metacritic, most of the other girls can't relate.
- Incredible graphics, yet to be matched in terms of art style and setting.
- The best soundtrack in a game this side of Chrono Cross.
- A movie and BOOK quality story.
- Remember when Final Fantasy 9 and Lost Odyssey tried it?
- The best, most addictive and WORTHWHILE mini-game ever seen in Triple Triad. Better than any real life card game!
- LGBTQIA icon Zell. His obsession with stuffing his mouth with hot dogs and COMPLETE dismissal of that female library flop, in 1999 no less! FF8 battling homophobia, what were the other RPGs or games in general doing?
- The best romance in a game. Squall & Rinoa have yet to be outclassed (and Squall is still the series' best lead). Who doesn't tear up @ the ending when Rinoa repeats her "one dance" gesture from the beginning of the game?
Unlike Artpop, which I spent 3 years pretending I liked, FF8 has been a top favorite of mine since its iconic release 20 years ago. I've yet to meet an unattractive or stupid-ass FF8 fan, they are ALWAYS hot and smart! An intelligent fan base that comes up with amazing theories like Squall = dead (disagree) and Rinoa = Ultimecia (disagree).
Wig @ Final Fantasy 8's lasting impact and the fact that, tied with Chrono Trigger, it's still the best game this medium has to offer.
Oh my glsmnsdkfn
Laguna is absolutely my favorite Final Fantasy character, and easily the best in VIII:
- a soldier who wants to be a traveling writer
- so cool he has his own theme song
- has two fiercely loyal best bros
- his leg cramps around beautiful women
- he moonlights as a screen actor and the president of the most technologically advanced nation on the planet
- was elected president because tripped a sorceress into a time stasis machine, and then launched her into space
- carries around a copy of his son’s collectible trading card, which probably wasn’t easy to come by
- Moombas love him
That... doesn't look great. Both the upscale and the models.
Jesus Christ did Rinoa's face get Time Kompressed or what
Those character models need replacing. Pronto.
It looks even worse, though. Doubly so for FMV which are half the resolution than the PC version (small mercy).