• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Probably my most played FF.

I love how easy it is to break and how even by the end of disc 1 you can can be final disc ready.

Meltdown + Aura + Renzokuken spam for life

Chaofahn

Nov 16, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
So much love for the most underrated FF title. <3

Our parents never got FF for us and when the titles became Sony exclusive, we missed out of 7, 8 and 9.

We only managed to play FFVIII because our cousin had a modded PlayStation and we'd spend weekends trying to beat the game. All the good memories of pizza nights, interacting with the GFs, drawing magic and items from enemies and triple triad... man they were good times.

We tried going back to FFVII but couldn't beat it out of boredom. FVIII had spoiled us in terms of presentation, the newbie-friendly gameplay and music.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Easily the best world in a FF game. I was so disappointed that IX didn't have the same style

But really, why don't they port this game? Did the lose the source code?

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm replaying VIII for the Anniversary(and doing all the Steam achievements) I was thinking about the fact people still spread around that Squall is a major asshole who doesn't show signs of growth until Rinoa's coma which is so blatantly wrong right from the first part of the game. Squall has moments of being abrasive but when he is confronted over his behavior being rude he is generally apologetic and we always get insight into his views when he goes into his thoughts. Not only that but the most interesting part is seeing how often Squall questions his mission and role in the game especially knowing Cid is forcing responsibility on him purely because of the future Squall Edea met.

I wanted to post some examples of how the game allows players to make Squall even kinder and more understanding with just simple choices and scenes that are in the game normally. Some will be imageless.

1. Meeting Selphie. You bump into her and can ask if she is okay and then agree to show her around.

2. Joining the Garden Festivel. This can happen either at the dance after she asks Zell or at the beginning of the game if you head to the Quad in which case she just says hello to Squall at the dance since he already joined. I prefer the first since if you agree he will compliment her efforts.

3. Squall dancing and enjoying himself with Rinoa is an obvious one.

4. When Squall is in Timber he is blunt about what might have happened to Seifer since that is the kind of situation expected for mercenaries. He laughs at the thought of Seifer hearing people feel sorry for him unknowingly to the others who take it as him laughing at Seifer potentially being dead and Rinoa gets angry. He doesn't realize how his behavior is coming across and continues to talk normally about the situation causing Rinoa to get angry. He apologizes.

5. When Squall reunites with Rinoa after the Iguion attack, he informs her about Seifer being alive but being on the side of the sorceress. He understands Seifer is important to her and warns her that he might have to kill him which obviously does bother him. He initiates the conversation and Rinoa understands. He then comforts Irvine into taking the shot and never blames him even after he misses.

6. Squall worries about whoever is sent to the missile base. When he reunites with the group, he is extremely happy they are okay. If Rinoa is on the missile team she says she missed him and he can respond that he missed her as well. If she isn't with the group he can respond that he would have worried about her too and then get embarrassed

8-FFVIII_09482.jpg

(I didn't screenshot my dialogue so I found an image which is closest just replace Irvine with Rinoa because I prefer the dialogue from Rinoa in missile base run.
sz5ib5B.jpg

SkgHRYs.jpg

rEHKH9g.jpg

gVv3n8Z.jpg

7. Irvine asks Squall to cheer Selphie up and he doesn't question helping her because she is upset over the missiles going to Trabia.

8. The concert date can go poorly or great depending on the song. If you pick Eye's on Me it ends in a fight but if you pick Irish Jig the game has Squall seriously contemplating Rinoa's questions and then it can be assumed they spend the night talking since neither storm off.

9. If Quistis waking Squall up triggers(Rinoa should be on missile team for this) she asks if he wants to talk. He is hesitant but she points out that now he understands her previous feelings over the training center scene. He says he does understand and then Quistis tries to convince him it is worth talking. You can agree and she says to do it over tea. Prior to all of this he thinks about the fact that no matter what he still depends on others to get where he is showing that he is questioning his outlook.

5ewWjl9.jpg

Pgl8bqH.jpg

There is a lot more such as Squall being concerned when Seifer tells him everyone is at the prison, apologizing for going too far when getting angry at Rinoa for the Timber Owls lack of professionalism, wanting to save Garden from the missiles and calling it his home, being apologetic whenever they cause trouble, etc. There is more but considering I'm stopped right after Squall becomes commander I would rather play through it before posting things that happen after.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017

Probably in the top 5 intro of all time. It was the first FF that I played and because of that it will always have a special place in my heart despite its flaws

I watched this into at least 100 times before the game came out. Probably the most hyped I've ever been for a game and ever will be. Halo 2, MGS4 and BOTW are the others that have come close.

Oct 26, 2017
It's been a long time since I played VIII but I was thinking about it last night. I've still got the special edition box, albeit most of its contents have since disappeared (memory card went somewhere). Still have that ridiculous T shirt. 20 years later still not grown into it. Gonna replay it soon though. Wish it got the same treatment IX and VII got recently.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't screenshot it but at some point I kind of want to compile all the memory loss hints before the reveal. A lot unfortunately can be missed but it's really interesting when you see them. There is also a lot of moments that hint Cid knows Squall is responsible for defeating Ultimecia and that he is forcing him into all of the leadership positions. This is obvious once you finish the game but it's fun going back and seeing where he makes comments about it. The first biggest one is when you receive your exam report and he tells Squall they will talk in private one day.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I don't have the time these days to replay old games, especially long RPGs, but I do like to reminisce about FFVIII. I got it for PC back in the day. I remember still being really apprehensive about the move from the medieval fantasy setting to more modern sci-fi. I might've liked VII more at the time for being more traditional, but VIII was really good in hindsight. I still listen to a lot of the music regularly. Character design is still some of the best in the series and I never really had a problem with the Junction system.

Fun story though, I had played the PS1 demo at a friend's house. As you may know, Rinoa was thrown in with no dialog whatsoever. When you talked to her, she just said "...". To me, this gave her a cool mysterious vibe that intrigued me. I really wanted to know more about her. Around the same time I had managed to save money and buy the Final Fantasy Pray album. A CD that contained a bunch of beautiful vocal renditions of themes from FFI-VI. One of the songs was based on Elia's theme from FFIII (which I hadn't played at the time because it wasn't officially available). The song in the album was called "Once You Meet Her" with English lyrics

For the longest time I had associated this song with Rinoa. Even after playing VIII I thought it was, in some ways, a better '"Rinoa" song than Eyes on Me (though I do love that song too)

Speaking of EOM. Man it SUUUUCKS that the song has been scrubbed from official releases. I bought the FLV Orchestra album on iTunes not realizing they cut the song out. Even the ending music is cut so it jumps straight from the sad "Rinoa desperately trying to find Squall' to the FF theme credits (which btw, I still think has some of the best final credits in the series next to VI and Tactics)

Also, Wazzy , surprised you didn't use this artwork for the Itadaki Street section

a-r.jpg

Look at that smug smile! I played a game recently with her as a CPU on the Alefgard stage and she gushes about the romantic rescue of Princess Gwaelin

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
A couple good pieces written for FFVIII's 20th:

'Final Fantasy VIII' Was Too Honest and Unsettling to be Beloved, written by Cameron Kunzelman for Waypoint:

Final Fantasy VIII remains the outlier of the Final Fantasies. Released between the PS1 jump of Final Fantasy VII and the theatrical throwback nostalgia of Final Fantasy IX, this game about teen feelings and the end of the world has always felt like a middle child. Despite being a success by all the metrics that we generally measure, like high sales and good reviews, the game isn't exalted in the same way that its peers are. Celebrating its 20 year anniversary this last week, the game still hasn't been ported to every platform on earth like the rest of its brethren. And I think that might have to do with what it's about.

and

Final Fantasy VIII makes high school's life-or-death drama literal, written by Anthony John Agnello for AV Club:

Final Fantasy VIII gets it. Persona 4 might meticulously recreate the high school experience and Gone Home might capture the reality of enduring school while you discover your own soul, but Final Fantasy VIII is the only video game that manages to be both about high school and capture the essential feeling of that time in our lives. How it manages this is surprisingly blunt: All of its teenagers are either mercenaries or revolutionaries. Their daily life is as rigidly defined and contained as the average high schooler, infused with all the terrifying parochialism that comes with being forced to spend every day in the same small space with the same people, but with actual life-and-death situations thrown into the mix. At the end of the day, they still go to club activities after class, but class is beating a fire monster to death or repelling an invading army from a nearby city. And rather than feel overwhelmingly melodramatic, Final Fantasy VIII evokes something true.

Both resonated with me a lot.

The AV Club piece touched on one of the things I've always admired FFVIII for. Like, Persona 5 didn't even come close to capturing that feeling of adolescence so well. It recreated the high school life with more fidelity, yeah, but... Squall drifting through fucking space, filled to the brim with teenage hormones, seeking out this person he had fallen in love with, feeling time running out... and then all anxiety and fear and stress melting away into oblivion when they finally embrace...? That's real. (And one of the greatest scenes in video game history.)

I want two things a lot right now: one, a collection of fun FFVIII writing, ranging from deep analysis to personal anecdotes to fanfiction; and two, a Switch port that I could be playing in this exact moment while laying in bed.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
VIII still gets no respect. I have no hopes for Square ever porting it forward. Enjoy your broken PC release~

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't screenshot it but at some point I kind of want to compile all the memory loss hints before the reveal. A lot unfortunately can be missed but it's really interesting when you see them. There is also a lot of moments that hint Cid knows Squall is responsible for defeating Ultimecia and that he is forcing him into all of the leadership positions. This is obvious once you finish the game but it's fun going back and seeing where he makes comments about it. The first biggest one is when you receive your exam report and he tells Squall they will talk in private one day.
That'd be a great idea because there is a ton of very subtle foreshadowing and when you see it all in the proper context it really spells it all out pretty clearly and sensibly.

Damn if I'd thought of doing that I could've screenshot'd them too, I just went through the beginning of the game. I'm trying a boss and triple triad only run because I've actually never played too much triple triad before. It's very fun, the reputation is well-deserved.
VIII still gets no respect. I have no hopes for Square ever porting it forward. Enjoy your broken PC release~
With all the mods and shit the PC release is actually pretty cool, runs well, looks good, orchestrated music etc.

And I think the port or even remaster is an inevitability, this was one of the best-selling games in the franchise, you don't just ignore something like that. Square is a business, not an entity subject to the same irrational likes and dislikes as the average gaming forum member.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Both resonated with me a lot.

The AV Club piece touched on one of the things I've always admired FFVIII for. Like, Persona 5 didn't even come close to capturing that feeling of adolescence so well. It recreated the high school life with more fidelity, yeah, but... Squall drifting through fucking space, filled to the brim with teenage hormones, seeking out this person he had fallen in love with, feeling time running out... and then all anxiety and fear and stress melting away into oblivion when they finally embrace...? That's real. (And one of the greatest scenes in video game history.)

Hi five.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
That'd be a great idea because there is a ton of very subtle foreshadowing and when you see it all in the proper context it really spells it all out pretty clearly and sensibly.

Damn if I'd thought of doing that I could've screenshot'd them too, I just went through the beginning of the game. I'm trying a boss and triple triad only run because I've actually never played too much triple triad before. It's very fun, the reputation is well-deserved.

Definitely. I love that VIII is extremely rewarding for taking your time and speaking with people. The diary entries are amazing and seeing them update over the course of the game was a neat surprise.

Two screenshots I DID take so far that are very in your face about Cid + are part of the main story:
70-FFVIII_11704.jpg

s6Ehajp.jpg

7uliDS3.jpg

He then wonders what would happen if he just quit and left but realizes he has nothing else which I thought was very realistic.

Also, Wazzy , surprised you didn't use this artwork for the Itadaki Street section

a-r.jpg

Look at that smug smile! I played a game recently with her as a CPU on the Alefgard stage and she gushes about the romantic rescue of Princess Gwaelin
Haha I do love that picture but I tried to keep it VIII only in the banners. :P

I always wanted to see a proper interaction between Rinoa and Aerith since they are very similar role and personality wise but with obvious little differences. Maybe Opera Omnia will give me something since I doubt Dissidia will.

Since you can easily mod the proper music back in + add HD backgrouns and so far I haven't encountered any notable bugs I honestly think the Steam version isn't that bad. It would be a problem when released to a console since you can't add those fixes in.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
And I think the port or even remaster is an inevitability, this was one of the best-selling games in the franchise, you don't just ignore something like that. Square is a business, not an entity subject to the same irrational likes and dislikes as the average gaming forum member.
I'd believe that... if it weren't the only one of the PSX games that never got a rerelease.

With all the mods and shit the PC release is actually pretty cool, runs well, looks good, orchestrated music etc.
Since you can easily mod the proper music back in + add HD backgrouns and so far I haven't encountered any notable bugs I honestly think the Steam version isn't that bad. It would be a problem when released to a console since you can't add those fixes in.
I actually have no idea what mods are "required" for the PC release... I know they exist, but that's about it.

But still, the fact that mods are needed to begin with, is not great.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd believe that... if it weren't the only one of the PSX games that never got a rerelease.

I actually have no idea what mods are "required" for the PC release... I know they exist, but that's about it.

But still, the fact that mods are needed to begin with, is not great.
I'm only using the music mod and it's like a minute fix and then you don't have to do anything + you get achievements, Chocobo World and boosters on the Steam version. It really doesn't require anything.

I agree it shouldn't have been released that way but it's not a big concern for me considering it is so easy to fix versus the console games where a bug that can't be fixed without a patch from SE.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
playing through IX on the Switch just makes me want VIII al the more if only for Triple Triad

Tetra Master is such garbage in comparison :(

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
odT9UEa.jpg

my 'ad' from the old 'make magazine ads' thread on neogaf from ten years ago. squaresoft would have been able to make a much better ad. i was just trying to channel the attitude of the era

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I love about ff8 is that it establishes that Gilgamesh is canonically stronger than Odin.

At least the Odin of the FF8 world

Then again we don't know how old that Gilgamesh is either since he is the same guy in a majority of his appearances

That said, how BS it was of Seifer to just have a technique to reverse Zantetsuken

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't until XIII-2 that Square made a Final Fantasy game with as much heart as VIII. Gorgeous locales, heartfelt characters, amazing soundtrack...VIII was a total package. And it still has the most impressive final dungeon I've ever seen in an RPG, and not just because the one in the game before it is arguably the worst.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played VIII in ages and back when I did I was a kid so now it's time to do it again with Gunbreaker coming to XIV. I bought it on steam a while back and just wondering if there are any mods or settings I should get or fix before I play? I replaced the music files with the PS1 ones that someone in the steam community wrote a thread about. Anything else?

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played VIII in ages and back when I did I was a kid so now it's time to do it again with Gunbreaker coming to XIV. I bought it on steam a while back and just wondering if there are any mods or settings I should get or fix before I play? I replaced the music files with the PS1 ones that someone in the steam community wrote a thread about. Anything else?
I'm doing a replay on Steam right now so good timing!

The most important mod is Roses and Wine which will fix the music in the game. It offers two types of soundtracks which are the original one and orchestrated. I always push for original since I feel like some of the orchestrated substitutes don't sound as great or have the same level of impact for the game.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=391096600 - - - List of all mods

The HD mods are also really good but avoid the character replacement mod that uses what is supposed to be updated models but instead looks jagged and has same face for all characters. I'm only using Roses mod because I'm okay with the original look of the game.

The boosters are always there for using so I would recommend just trying out the game without them and seeing if you want to use them. If you're finding any pacing too slow and want things to move along faster you can use the speed mod. The rest of the mods are enhancers for gameplay so use them if you like.

I want to give some advice so that you know beforehand how you want to approach the game. Enemies level scale to the parties average. This means that it's not recommended to level up and the majority of boss fights will assist you in avoiding that by only offering AP which is used for summons to learn abilities. Summon abilities are the most important aspect of the game as they can determine what you do in the game. Early on there is a summon who can learn an ability that cuts or avoids all together random encounters which is essential for low level playthroughs unless you want to rely on spells or running away constantly. Playing the game while levelling normally is doable but it's just not recommended to go out of your way to level up.

Draw is only really necessary for grabbing summons so keep it equipped but don't rely on it especially if you're finding the process tedious. Triple Triad is extremely rewarding and ties directly back into the junction system if you decide to use the rewards. There is card mod ability(the first lightning summon you grab will have this ability you need to learn so I HIGHLY recommend focusing on it first and then card refine will be available right after) which allows you to turn enemies in TT cards. The most important ability is Card Refine which allows you to turn cards into items. The Refine system is VIII's game breaking one which makes it super fun. You just need to learn the refine abilities offered by each summon and then you get access to tons of powerful spells and items.

Finally I always say the most important part of VIII is EXPLORE! Talk to people. View systems(such as the student terminal which updates throughout the game) and areas that you normally would ignore. You will find tons of little interactions, details and rewards. It is by far the most unique and interesting part of VIII in how lively and detailed the world is. This is especially amazing in Balamb Garden. The opening segment is one many generally rush through to continue the story but there is so much you can view before even starting your first exam.

I think I have the most important parts covered. I'm a little tired since I just woke up but I hope this helps! There is achievements in the game which are always fun and I'm even currently finishing all of them.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that this topic is here. FFVIII is by no means a perfect game, but it's my absolute favourite and easily the most important game I've ever played, getting me into both a series and a genre. From my youth plowing through the heavy majority of the game with the draw system and GFs (Managed to beat Adel thanks to Draw>Cast Regen, Disc 4 screwed me over) to having a readily available save file prepared on my PS3, Vita and PSTV at the very beginning with 20 hours spent playing cards to ensure that I'll get Lion Heart on Disc 1, I've invested a lot of time in this game.

Used to play it on a yearly basis, but I've not played it fully for a couple of years (I also have a bunch of files saved to go through key disc start/end points which I like to go thrrough) because I've been expecting a port to come out on a console I own. Evidently that's not yet been the case.

I think I'll start it again sometime soon. It's more than this game deserves.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't until XIII-2 that Square made a Final Fantasy game with as much heart as VIII. Gorgeous locales, heartfelt characters, amazing soundtrack...VIII was a total package. And it still has the most impressive final dungeon I've ever seen in an RPG, and not just because the one in the game before it is arguably the worst.
Oh? What's the second to last dungeon? I've kinda forgotten. Is that Adel?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, glad you're enjoying these!

Just want to add that these are my own ESRGAN-based upscales and they were not taken from the HQ texture mod. Presumably, the creator of that mod used a different data set for his upscales than I did (I used Manga109) which explains the difference in overall appearance to some of the screenshots posted elsewhere in the thread.

Your rescaled backgrounds look a lot better than the mod.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Can anyone recommend an amazing Final Fantasy VIII Let's Play (Playthrough) with a pleasant commentator that clears the game 100% ?

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus

I talked earlier about thinking about trying to get yamaha XG music (best way to play the game imo) Unfortunately since the steam release replaced the midi with garbage MP3s, I've had to find my old copy and get it working. Has taken me the better part of the day.

Thought I'd list the process for anyone who had an XG module and was interested.

First installed the game, and then Aali's opengl drivers from qhimm. The game works perfectly...except it won't output to my midi module. It just outputs using the default Microsoft option.
I didn't think it was my setup (using coolsoft midimapper to route through a roland UM-ONE MK2 to the Yamaha module - mine is a MU2000EX), as that has always worked perfectly with dosbox, scummvm, etc - and amusingly enough, the chocobo.exe minigame that comes with FF8 did work with it, straight off the bat.

coolsoft midimapper is needed because Windows 10 butchered MIDI support, and a third part program is needed to choose a default midi output.
roland UM-ONE MK2 is my "USB to Midi" convertor of choice, since I'm using a laptop at the moment so don't have a motherboard slot for a midi card.

Anyway, Chocobo doesn't need any configuration to work, but for FF8 itself, there is a configurator, and in it the only option you get for midi is "Microsoft Synthesizer", which doesn't route the music through my synth. Looks like in years past this was a known issue, as I see decade old programs that give you a custom configurator here:

https://ffsf.aaron-kelley.net/download_8.html

I managed to get this working by putting it, and the "PlayFF8" into xp compat and running as admin. Not sure if I lose some of the benfits of the OpenGL drive this way, but I finally get the wonderful Yamaha XG midi music.

I am now playing Triple Triad against the turnstile guard while Quistis is waiting to go to the Fire Cavern. :)

Last edited:

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying your posts about your play through Wazzy. Just makes me nostalgic. It's amazing how a game with rave reviews and tons of sales can still be misunderstood 20 years later. It's the perfect examples of when memes become reality instead of what actually happened.

Anyway I don't mind people not liking the game since they are a vocal minority, FF8 has always had a great cult fan following that has endured longer than just about every single game in the series. The weirdest part is square seems to totally acknowledge that sometimes by frequently evoking squall and all that in other games but yet what bugs me is that THEY seem to not give it the props it deserves. Doesn't get similar treatments. Very weird.

Have they acknowledged the anniversary in any meaningful way? Maybe they are waiting until later in the year to show something. I long for a remake with even just dissidia or mobius graphics, but that is pipe dreaming.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha, it took an hour, but I finally got the guard's Behemoth, Malboro and Wedge/Biggs cards.

Maybe I should actually start the game now. Forgot how addictive Triple Triad is...

May 26, 2018
Probably the game I must associate with my childhood and brings me the best memories. Happy birthday, FF8, we love you!

Do you know what I just realised, though? I couldn't believe this game came out in 1999, since I remembered FFX coming out in 2001...which meant that they released FF8, FF9 and FFX in 1999, 2000 and 2001 respectively. 3 consecutive years!

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do you know what I just realised, though? I couldn't believe this game came out in 1999, since I remembered FFX coming out in 2001...which meant that they released FF8, FF9 and FFX in 1999, 2000 and 2001 respectively. 3 consecutive years!

yep, Square was at the top of their game from ~1997-2002 (essentially from when FFVII released until the Enix merger)

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played this since release - and even then not much.

Should I play the crappy PAL version on my Vita, where it's nice and portable, or is it worth the inconvenience to get it on Steam and play on a laptop?

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I went to the Distant Worlds concert last year and they opened up with the Final Fantasy VIII intro. Seeing it projected on a big screen with an orchestra doing the music and an audience full of people who loved the series was a very emotional experience. It is my first and favorite Final Fantasy game. Friends tried to get me into Final Fantasy VII before, but I was a little kid and didn't know RPGs/turn-based combat was a thing, so I thought it was a rip-off of Pokémon and got mad. I later saw VIII at Blockbuster and decided to try it out. It had a huge impact on me. Everyday I would read through the strategy guide. I had a legit crush on Rinoa. I never actually beat it, though. At some point I used a GameShark to boost my characters and got to what I believe was the final boss. However, due to the codes I used, I wasn't in a position to actually defeat the boss (I forget the details) and had to restart. I didn't use any cheats after that.

Oh, and I remember it being a big deal to me seeing characters cuss. I think it was the word "Bastard" or something and I was like, "Whoa!" and thought it was cool.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yep, Square was at the top of their game from ~1997-2002 (essentially from when FFVII released until the Enix merger)

Nah, the Enix merger pretty much put them back on track. They started to fall apart with the FF movie in 2001. FF10 and 11 came out well but FF12 for example was supposed to release in 2003 and we all know how that went.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Why did you guys ruin the topic with your anti-SE rhetoric? Can't just bask in the 20th anniversary for this classic game? Damn.