• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Size: 14.0GB (initial download)
Full game installation: 26.9GB
Release date: 16th April 2019

Final Fantasy VII
Size: 3.7GB
Price: $16
Release date: 26th March 2019

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
Size: 12.6GB
Release date: 30th April 2019

Mod edit: Xbox One up too

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/f...ster/c0ksn20brp7z?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Final Fantasy VII
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/final-fantasy-vii/bwkxqc5bl5r1?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/bxdh919m16g9

Last edited by a moderator:

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Are they coming out early or are they letting people pre-load 2 months early?

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've wanted to go through FF7 again for a while (the QoL improvements were a godsend the last time I played it on PS4 a few years ago), but I really, really, hope they fixed that audio bug. I'm going to hold off a purchase until I know it's been addressed.

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Last time I really didnt like ff X on vita. I wanna know from players who've played it for the first time 'recently; is it worth it?

NDWest14

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
Some of the user reviews for IX on XB1 seem to indicate that it may not be a great port. Anyone have any experience with it? It's my favorite FF and would love to replay it but don't want to take the dive if it's buggy

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Confession time: I own FFX on PS2, Vita and PS4 - and I've never finished it. Every time I buy the game again I'm think that this time it'll be different... and although I should know better by now, I'm once again thinking about picking these games up again.

I won't until it drops in price, though.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Still hoping for those rumored language options in the Asian physical release of X/X-2. At least there I can get it on 2 carts (i think...)

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I hope those extra features on Switch and Xbox will be available on PS4 and PC via patches.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
Some of the user reviews for IX on XB1 seem to indicate that it may not be a great port. Anyone have any experience with it? It's my favorite FF and would love to replay it but don't want to take the dive if it's buggy

9 is a pretty lazy port. Nothing has changed from the versions that were available before and bugs are still there. Id still get it if you loved it despite the bugs because nothing's gonna change.

IceOrb

Oct 30, 2017
They didn't, there are a ton of problems with these hd remasters but this is just a nitpick honestly and not really one of them.

I wouldn't say that.

When they increased the polygon count on these models it did have a negative effect on the facial animation. Granted I can also see the argument that the PS2 original was just too much but at the same time what we have now looks a lot more robotic. The static appearance of the faces is fine though and more preferred I find.

Scenes that show it off that I can recall: the laughing scene, Tidus showing Yuna how to smile, the Sunset at Rins Travel Agency.

It's nothing that makes me think these remasters are inferior by any stretch and I'm happy with the end result, but this is like the one of the few things that stands out to me when comparing against the PS2 versions.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
These are great games to replay, and portable too. A fantastic value for me. My anticipation level is comparable to when they were released initially.

NDWest14

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
9 is a pretty lazy port. Nothing has changed from the versions that were available before and bugs are still there. Id still get it if you loved it despite the bugs because nothing's gonna change.

Yeah, sadly what I've been reading

If it's the game I'm sure I'll be happy, but it seems like they tossed it out there and just hoped for the best. I've got enough on my plate so I can wait for a sale, but crappy to hear they just kinda phoned it in.

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not complaining about this, but what's the purpose of allowing ppl to pre-download a game that won't be available for almost 2 months? Do companies do this as kind of a budget marketing/promotional strategy?

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not complaining about this, but what's the purpose of allowing ppl to pre-download a game that won't be available for almost 2 months? Do companies do this as kind of a budget marketing/promotional strategy?
I guess the longer it's their the more likely people are to preorder. It does give pretty good visibility. If you look at the Coming Soon bit of the eShop like I do, it's basically free advertising.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it true x/x2 must be bought and together for 50 usd?

They didn't, there are a ton of problems with these hd remasters but this is just a nitpick honestly and not really one of them.
I'm used to the original so at least Tidus is a bit weird
Give them money now is better than money later

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018

Played for 16 hours now. Works fine, looks fine, is Absolutely great as it always was.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I've wanted to go through FF7 again for a while (the QoL improvements were a godsend the last time I played it on PS4 a few years ago), but I really, really, hope they fixed that audio bug. I'm going to hold off a purchase until I know it's been addressed.

As far as I know it has never been fixed. That's why I'm currently playing it through retroarch rather than the PS4 or PC versions I own.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
oh dang, I was hoping FFVII would go up any day now but I wasn't expecting X/X-2 & XII for a month or so

edit: pre-purchased VII and wishlisted X/X-2 & XII to grab once I get birthday money in early April :)

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! I was expecting 7 to be around $20. This is a nice surprise and a chance to use some of my soon to expire gold coins.

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
FFXII
It's 50GB on Steam
It's 40.56GB on PS4
It's 13GB on Switch

This thing will be compressed AF on Switch :/
I really hope they release an optional movie pack / sound free DLC

Hype slowing down...

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
I guess the longer it's their the more likely people are to preorder. It does give pretty good visibility. If you look at the Coming Soon bit of the eShop like I do, it's basically free advertising.
That makes sense. There might also be something behind the scenes in SE's financials where it's better for them to start sales during Q4 than Q1.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
FFXII
It's 50GB on Steam
It's 40.56GB on PS4
It's 13GB on Switch

This thing will be compressed AF on Switch :/
I really hope they release an optional movie pack / sound free DLC

Hype slowing down...

I'm really surprised it's half the size of X/X-2, I would have thought it'd be in the same range given the install size for X/X-2 is actually smaller than XII on Steam/PS4 and I'm sure that'll be the case on Xbox as well