• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cheska

Oct 27, 2017
I've literally bought every re-release for this so far, and I so want to get this too, but damn if I'm having a hard time justifying $50.

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
Have to say that Final Fantasy X looks great on the Xbox One X so far (just made it to Besaid), but man, I forgot how bad the new Tidus face is lol

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible the game speed can't be decoupled from the framerate? It's possible the Switch just doesn't have the processing power to render this at 2x speed.

According to people with the PC version, the speed-up feature doesn't affect performance whatsoever.

And that wouldn't explain why all the other QOL features are absent, besides.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Won't be getting this unless it drops to like 20 bucks since I already own the X/X2 collection on Steam and my dust-collecting Vita

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I thought I could go past the faces but I really can't. I'm already regretting my purchase esp. since I already have a PS2 copy.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, I didn't know the PS4 version was $20 lol. I have a bit of buyer's remorse now. On the bright side, I've technically never played through X and X-2, despite having them on PS2 back in the day. So I'll get good enjoyment out of it.

But yeah, I could've handled $30 or maybe even $40, but I feel bad getting this for $50 now. I would've waited for a sale or price drop.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Just started, but... the party menu totally used to have character portraits, right? Removing them did not do it any aesthetic favors. Super bland looking now.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
how are they still charging 50 for this
There are still tons of people who are new to the FFX saga. This price point is mostly aimed at them, but virtually anyone who wants to play through all three games again will be able to get their $50 worth and then some. At the end of the day, it's still a very decent price for two gigantic, unique JRPGs and a cerebral Mystery Dungeon-style game on top of that. You can easily get 300+ hours out of this collection; most fifty-dollar purchases don't go anywhere that far today.

Also: because they can. :P

Wait for a sale if you don't think it'll be worth it for you.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
If you go digital, are X and X-2 separate downloads on Switch? If so, what is X's download size?

DrainedSpirit

Mar 25, 2019
Anyone know if all the versions has cross-platform saves? I know the PS3/Vita versions allowed uploading/downloading saves between each other through a dedicated SquareEnix server accessed in-game. Would be cool if you could use your old saves with these new versions/platforms.

Rigbones

Oct 25, 2017
Trying not to price whine here, but genuine question from someone who hasn't paid attention to this game and is interested. How is the Switch/Xbox version of this game double the price of PS4? Is this a new remaster of the PS4 remaster?

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Trying not to price whine here, but genuine question from someone who hasn't paid attention to this game and is interested. How is the Switch/Xbox version of this game double the price of PS4? Is this a new remaster of the PS4 remaster?

They're new ports of the PS4 remaster. Naturally they wouldn't release at its current price.

It never did. The whole UI of this game was 2000 « graphic design is my passion »

Guess I'm misremembering!

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Anyone know if all the versions has cross-platform saves? I know the PS3/Vita versions allowed uploading/downloading saves between each other through a dedicated SquareEnix server accessed in-game. Would be cool if you could use your old saves with these new versions/platforms.
Officially, there's only cross-save between PS3, Vita, and PS4. With some technical knowhow, it's also possible to transfer PS2 or PS3 saves to PC, but that's about it.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
FFX is asking Standard or Expert Sphere Grid. What do?
Normal sphere grid: everyone starts in their own place on the grid and generally follows a set "path", which you can later deviate from by unlocking various gates on the board.

Expert sphere grid: everyone starts in the center of a different board, and can go pretty much any way you choose from the beginning. Fewer overall nodes than Standard.

DrainedSpirit

Mar 25, 2019
Officially, there's only cross-save between PS3, Vita, and PS4. With some technical knowhow, it's also possible to transfer PS2 or PS3 saves to PC, but that's about it.

That is unfortunate. Thought there might be a chance for cross-platform given the custom interface and having their own servers. Disappointing.

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone in NA buy a retail Switch copy and used the X-2 code on its own? How does it look on the home menu and does it make getting X on the eShop cheaper? Also you can play X-2 on its own if you have a code I would hope, right?

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
how is this on switch? I have never beaten FF X, and never played FF XII. I know 12 comes out in a couple of weeks, which one should I go with?

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of annoying that the tutorial goes through touch screen controls at the start, even if you're not on handheld. Are there alternative buttons that don't require a right swipe for that?

ZaddyMattty

Dec 4, 2017
New York City
I am torn what version to buy. I would love to have it portable on Switch but playing in 4K HDR on XBOX sounds equally dreamy. I wish our saves transferred and could "play anyway". I seriously am torn. Ugh. Help

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Anyone in NA buy a retail Switch copy and used the X-2 code on its own? How does it look on the home menu and does it make getting X on the eShop cheaper? Also you can play X-2 on its own if you have a code I would hope, right?

The X-2 code is just DLC for the whole X/X-2 HD Remaster package. It's not a standalone X-2.

3DsC822.jpg

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer

Alderaan

Apr 15, 2018
My Switch copy from Amazon Japan arrived (couldnt wait for my play-asia version any longer) and my Xbox One X version should be here today as well. Will start checking out the switch copy soon.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Waiting for my asian version to arrive.
Both games on cart was minimum requirement. Japanese voices available also. I'll full JP runs for a change.
I wish I were already living in Singapore so I'd just pick it up in store.

I'll try to make my wife play it and see.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So according to the OP, there's no music bug? Can anyone confirm this for Switch? Also, can you choose the original PS2 arrangement?