• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
u3DTMGn.jpg

CnGAlyN.png

The world lies on the brink of destruction. Only a select few may be able to save it.

Platform(s): Switch, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, PC, Vita
Release Date:
Switch, Xbox One: April 16th, 2019​
PC: May 12, 2016​
PS4: May 12, 2015​
Vita/PS3: December 26, 2013​
Genre: RPG
Price: $49.99 USD
Player(s): 1
Format: Digital/Physical
Publisher: Square Enix
Size: 26.9 GB (Switch)

faqe0j6o.png

Can I start with this game as my first Final Fantasy?
Yes. Final Fantasy X, like the other numbered FF titles, is a standalone story and world that requires no previous knowledge of the series. X-2 is a direct follow up to that game so it's recommended you play it after completing X.

Turn based and random encounters?
Yes to both.

What's new with this port over the PS2 original?
Based on the PS4 version of the ports both titles feature visual enhancements over the original release on PS2, a new arrangement soundtrack, content from the international releases of the games and a new audio epilogue for the series.

Can you can choose between the original and arrangement OST?
Yes.

Can you can choose the English dub and the original Japanese audio?
No. Though the import Switch release (both games on a single cart) can run the game with Japanese VO and Japanese text if you switch the region of your console.

The PC version of this collection included gameplay modifiers (tweak encounter rate, turbo mode, supercharge and auto-battle) not seen in previous ports. Are they included on Switch/XB1?
Users who got copies of the Switch version of the game have confirmed the option does not exist on the platform. TBA for the Xbox release but it's unlikely.

Can I buy the games separately?
Not with this new release, no.

Play Anywhere?
No.

Xbox One X enhancements?
Yes. final box art shows a "Xbox One X Enhancements" and "4K" logo as does the store listing for the game.

Does this port suffer from the same music issues as the FFIX/FFVII port?
While the music, and an additional RNG, issue did occur in the PS4 version it was eventually resolved with a patch. Looking at early impressions that fix has apparently has carried over to this release.

I want to buy the game physically on Switch. How do the different regional releases breakdown?
North America: FFX on cart, FFX-2 as a download.
PAL Regions: FFX on cart, FFX-2 as a download.
Southeast Asia: FFX/X-2 are both on the same cart and do not require any additional download. You can also access the JPN audio/text by changing the region of your console.
Hong Kong: Same as the Southeast Asian release but with a different cover (logo on white background).
Japan: Also includes both games on the cartridge and includes English VO/text like the HK and Asian releases.

mediakhj7v.png

ss_8e9aa2627c49c4b4547d7f90eca08fa715d3134f.600x338.jpg
ss_6c7ece776d88f1a7252a08321dbdf1c9ee0e48e9.600x338.jpg

ss_8fc00bc1b853f17adb5378ad012ef127098affad.600x338.jpg
ss_6f022eb81a5591171831e8245980dda1a0e7ecf3.600x338.jpg

reviews66ku6.png

Metacritic (Switch) - 85%

Nintendolife 9/10
http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/final_fantasy_x_x-2_hd_remaster
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster successfully does justice to these two RPG classics as it brings them to a new age of players; we can't recommend it highly enough.

COGConnected 86/100
https://cogconnected.com/review/final-fantasy-x-x2-hd-remaster-switch-review/
With an incredible package of games and extra's, playing through this JRPG epic will last you quite some time and the added bonus of being able to play it on the go or docked is simply fantastic. For those who haven't checked out the games yet, be sure to pick this one up as it'll be a great addition to your library.

linksoykxf.png

Official Site
Nintendo Switch
Xbox One
Steam
PlayStation 4
PlayStation 3
Vita

Last edited:

Ramsiege

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Great OT, OP!

I want to buy this but my backlog is ridiculous! Still playing FFVII and have IX right after.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope to one day reinvest the 130+hrs I had in the PS2 version on the Steam version for this and XII.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Really not a fan of the arranged music in general. The original battle music, for example, just has so much more punch.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Contemplating whether or not I should get this for the Switch. On one hand, I would love to go through X-2 again. On the other hand, I've bought this game like 4 times and I don't want to buy FFX yet again. Also, unlike FFXII, AFAIK this adds nothing new or worth the quadruple dip.
th

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does this port control like ass like the PS3 version. Had to give up because movement on maps was atrocious.

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Struggling to choose between Xbox One x version for 4k + achievements or the switch version for the "on the go".

Same debate for FF12 zodiac age but at least zodiac will be 60 fps on the X1X.

Does anyone have any feedback about the X version so far?

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Its going to be really hard to play this after playing FF7 and FF12 in fast forward.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
The PC version of this collection included gameplay modifiers (tweak encounter rate, turbo mode, supercharge and auto-battle) not seen in previous ports. Are they included on Switch/XB1?
Users who got copies of the Switch version of the game have confirmed the option does not exist on the platform. TBA for the Xbox release but it's unlikely.​

Woah that's a bummer, especially weird as the Switch ports of VII and IX had turbo mode

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I was gonna give X another chance on the Switch, but no boosters unfortunately means no buy for me. What an annoying exclusion.

e: oh geez, it's also full price? Lol okay, no thanks.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Users who got copies of the Switch version of the game have confirmed the option does not exist on the platform. TBA for the Xbox release but it's unlikely.

This is a deal breaker for me. Why wont they include it on the switch version, seems stupid.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both are fantastic. I have no clue why these games are the target of memes. FFX is outrageously good and very memorable. FFX-2 is pretty good as well, it got some pacing issues at the start though admittedly.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
I must resist... Own the game on 3/4 plattforms already, but Ff7 remembered me, how much fun the classic ffs are and with a broken vita the switch port ist the best way to play this in the train.

At least you get 2 games for 50€, Ff12 feels to expensive (but of course I am going to buy it).

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to own this on Switch but it being double the price of the PS4 version is killing it for me. I find that hard to justify, especially when I bought the originals and the PS3 remaster already.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
I was interested until they stated that X-2 was going to be download. I am not going to support that. It should be on the cart with X.

Jan 20, 2019
Wait, this comes out tomorrow? Dang, and I just bought XC2~Torna, too...

I haven't played this since PS2, so I'm probably going to pick this up before VII or IX. The HD visuals look pretty fresh, and while it's more money getting both games for $50 is still pretty good dollar per hour.

It's petty, but I'm wondering...which is the greater problem in these ports, music bugs in VII/IX or lack of fast-forward features in X? I suppose it's a bit subjective, so I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Tempted, but I already own it on the Vita and PS4 and haven't really played X-2 on either. And I'm really not a fan of its postgame either.

But at the same time, it's the only FF I won't have either loaded or preloaded on my switch. Decisions, decisions.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
FFX and FFx-2 sharing a achievement list is so whack. DMC does that same thing, I'm pretty sure MS will let you release a game with more than 1000GS (I think crash does this) if you ask.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Prepurchased. Never quite finished FFX before (got to Bevelle on Vita), and never played X-2, so I'm quite looking forward to this. There's also Last Mission apparently, and having just gotten into roguelikes, that sounds neat as well.

Huge shame about the lack of PC QOL features, though. Fastforward especially is just... so crucial to making these long older games that much more fun to (re-)play.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Both are fantastic. I have no clue why these games are the target of memes. FFX is outrageously good and very memorable. FFX-2 is pretty good as well, it got some pacing issues at the start though admittedly.

In X's case it's mostly just Tidus' voice acting in certain parts and a couple of the outfits.. I like X-2 but it can't be denied there is some extremely cringe dialogue in there

nopattern

Nov 25, 2017
I would attempt to play through 10 again if they changed the random encounter rate. This was such a huge detriment for me when playing, I thought it was really bad.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Can you can choose the English dub and the original Japanese audio?
No. You can in the case of the import Switch release run the can with Japanese VO and Japanese text.​
Sorry, I don't understand this sentence.

And question to anyone. Does the Japanese release include the English dub? The eShop listing mentions the Japanese release has English but does not specify if it is a dub or just subtitles.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
I had this on ps3 and quite enjoyed it. If i got it for theX, what differences could i expect? I dont think the ps3 version had that remastered soundtrack??

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I had this on ps3 and quite enjoyed it. If i got it for theX, what differences could i expect? I dont think the ps3 version had that remastered soundtrack??

The PS3 version only had the remastered soundtrack, all versions since let you choose that or the original (which is honestly better)