• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Does the japanese import include english audio and text?
Sorry, I don't understand this sentence.

And question to anyone. Does the Japanese release include the English dub? The eShop listing mentions the Japanese release has English but does not specify if it is a dub or just subtitles.
My Japanese retail copy showed up today, I can confirm that both X and X-2 are stored on the cart and can be played with English voices and text. Text and voice settings are determined by your system language and I don't think there's a way to mix English text with Japanese VA just like the OP says. Not sure about the e-shop version though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I don't understand this sentence.

And question to anyone. Does the Japanese release include the English dub? The eShop listing mentions the Japanese release has English but does not specify if it is a dub or just subtitles.

Sorry, I was writing this thread a bit too late in the evening I guess.

I've tidied the post up, basically you can access the JPN region version (text and VO in that language) if you import the game and switch the region of your console to Japan.

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My Japanese retail copy showed up today, I can confirm that both X and X-2 are stored on the cart and can be played with English voices and text. Text and voice settings are determined by your system language and I don't think there's a way to mix English text with Japanese VA just like the OP says. Not sure about the e-shop version though.
Anyone with the SEA version can confirm if you can mix JP VA and Eng text?

Play Asia page/tweets suggest the same, which means I have no use for this right now. At least both games are on the cart.

Last edited:

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that you can't get the Japan V/O with English text makes this release super pointless.
That English dub is atrocious.

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017
Wow.. this is great news to me. Thank you!

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Fast forward should be in every RPG, I might actually finish a xenoblade game.
Haha, well I love Xenoblade games and have never thought that I needed a fast forward. I think that it's great in remakes/remasters though when I've already played the game once. So maybe it'd be cool in a Xeno game for a second playthrough, yeah.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that there allegedly is no music bug in this version, and that you can choose the original OST, makes me want to buy it but... $50 eeeesshh that's almost full-price for a game I played back in my teens. I dunno.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Wow.. this is great news to me. Thank you!
Definitely a nice surprise since shops like Play Asia or Amazon JP didn't mention English language support in their listings.

I played around a bit more with the system settings and FF X. You can use the same save game even if you switch languages throughout. So for example, you can start the opening and tutorial in English and then switch to Japanese or vice versa.

There's also support for German / Spanish / French / Italian text & English voices, but for example no Korean text option (which is supposed to be included in the Asian version). At this point, I think the Japanese version might be the best version to import, at least for Europeans who want the EFIGS version on cart.

edit: same with X-2, EFIGS text & English voices or Japanese text and voices

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
In one of the ads put out by Microsoft it has the Xbox One X Enhanced on the cover, but the OP said it's unlikely. Was this a misprint by Microsoft?

Do you happen to have a link? I put it as unlikely since we don't have it on the enhanced page or have enhanced tags on the digital listing, but it wouldn't be the first time we got "surprise" X support.

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
I got this masterpiece pre-purchased and read to go for my switch. Grinding out and maxing out that sphere grid was such a stress reliever back in the day and now I get to do it while on the go. Amazing times.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Lack of PC boosters is kinda disappointing but I don't think this game needed them as much as the PS1 FFs.

Still probably just gonna end up getting the Vita version for portability's sake; asking me to pay double the price for Switch is a bit much.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
Wow thank you! Totally importing

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017
Definitely a nice surprise since shops like Play Asia or Amazon JP didn't mention English language support in their listings.

I played around a bit more with the system settings and FF X. You can use the same save game even if you switch languages throughout. So for example, you can start the opening and tutorial in English and then switch to Japanese or vice versa.

There's also support for German / Spanish / French / Italian text & English voices, but for example no Korean text option (which is supposed to be included in the Asian version). At this point, I think the Japanese version might be the best version to import, at least for Europeans who want the EFIGS version on cart.

edit: same with X-2, EFIGS text & English voices or Japanese text and voices
Really surprised here and thanks for trying with FFX-2 as well. You just made me buy the JP version while I was not planning to buy the game for switch in the first place!

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so stoked to play Final Fantasy X for the first time on an Xbox (and it'll be my first time playing the game since 2014)! It's definitely a top three Final Fantasy title for me and if you've never played it, I highly recommend it

Oct 27, 2017
Illinois
I couldn't wait anymore and bought this on playstation. I never played through this one back in the day, but I am powering through and lemme tell ya, this game is great (except blitzball. Blitzball is not so great)

I am dying to play ff12 again but I'm waiting for it to come out on my Switch

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

Thank you for this CLEAR and specific post with details! Importing a JP copy now :) Thanks again!

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any word on audio compression yet? Didn't the team that ported Dark Souls on Switch handle the FFX and FFXII port? I'm worried about FFXIIs Switch audio quality considering the pax demo had no audio due to a "bug."

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I am still playing Final Fantasy VII, and then from July 2019 will be quite packed of game, but I admit I am interested in X/X-2, maybe if I will find it on sale... It seems there is also quite a nice love story in the game, and it is a plus for me.

mieumieu

Oct 25, 2017
The Farplane
Any word on audio compression yet? Didn't the team that ported Dark Souls on Switch handle the FFX and FFXII port? I'm worried about FFXIIs Switch audio quality considering the pax demo had no audio due to a "bug."

There are already some impression videos out there on YouTube you can see for yourself. For example https://youtu.be/nLRJtFBlgfw

For FFXII you can check this GameSpot video. It seems to be fine audio wise but you make your own decision.

https://youtu.be/pROA7RP_hsg

how is the Switch Port?

I've only played the beginning of X and X-2 but it seems to be fine.

Graphic wise it's on par with PS4 but without MSAA (but still has AA, probably FXAA) so there's some shimmering along the edges. Way better than PS3 or Vita for sure.

You can remap buttons and adjust volumes which is good

Swipe menu in Vita version is here too if you play in handheld mode

Lack of boosters on PC is disappointing especially the speed up and encounter cheats but not a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan

Thank you. Buying tomorrow.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I'll still buy it regardless, but it's been difficult to get a straight answer on the "cheats" that will be offered for this and XII. Are there any in FFX? I know there are some in FFXII but not sure if it's to the extent of the PC version.

Jacobson

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing this for the first time, so I'm pretty happy with this port. Died in the tutorial and had to watch everything again cause I missed a save point lmao. I only play an hour or so everyday since I got the game last week (April 11 here in Asia), I'm only up to the part where we're going to Luca.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I'll still buy it regardless, but it's been difficult to get a straight answer on the "cheats" that will be offered for this and XII. Are there any in FFX? I know there are some in FFXII but not sure if it's to the extent of the PC version.

There are none available in X, except on PC.

XII offers 2x and 4x fastforward.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
FFX is probably my favorite final fantasy, it was the first one I played in the series. I preloaded this game weeks ago lol, so I'm excited to dive back in. I will probably wait to start until I finish IX though. I'm getting quite the backlog with Cuphead this week too.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
I played FFX back when it was on PS2. Don't really remember the story though. Never played X-2. Thinking about maybe just watching a youtube recap of X and then seeing if someone wants to sell me their X-2 digital code for nintendo switch. That a terrible idea? Or an okay idea? lol.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
I also recommend turning on the Original soundtrack. Should be in the in-game config menu.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I absolutely love that the quick-heal function from the Vita version has returned for the Switch port. It was one of the big reasons why that version saw most of my time back in the day vs. the PS3 version. (Well that and portability + supsend/resume is a godsend for these games)

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised nobody has linked the Tidus laugh scene yet...

Now you can hear him laugh in 4k, or anytime, anywhere, with anyone!

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
160 hours to plat FFX on Vita had me swear I'd never play the game again.

... I kind of want to play it again...
And yeah, I prefer the original soundtrack to the arranged version.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I absolutely love that the quick-heal function from the Vita version has returned for the Switch port. It was one of the big reasons why that version saw most of my time back in the day vs. the PS3 version. (Well that and portability + supsend/resume is a godsend for these games)
Whoa wait, that's back? Legitimately surprised, that was always my favorite QoL addition from the Vita port.