• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
So the Switch Asia version with both on cart uses the English voice?
It uses whatever your Switch's language is set to.

Whoa wait, that's back? Legitimately surprised, that was always my favorite QoL addition from the Vita port.
Yep, it's back! Handheld mode only, of course, as it's strictly a touchscreen thing, but I forsee most of my time with this version being in handheld anyway.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing through VII again but this is next on my list unless I don't finish before XII releases ;)

I love these ports on switch.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
Final Fantasy X was my first Final Fantasy.

Yet, I don't feel myself motivated to play again. But it makes me remember the good times of my teenager days where the JRPG's was the biggest genre of the gaming.

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shipped and will arrive today. I can't wait!

I played FFX-2 when it just came out back in the day and absolutely loved it, even though the story didn't make sense at all. It was a beautiful game and I played it at a perfect time. Bought it because I saw FFX at a friend's place.

I'm honestly really hyped to play this.

AngelSkye

Jul 25, 2018
So far I'm enjoying my time with the port, playing mostly in Handheld mode - Performs really well, I don't notice any performance hitches.

It's a shame that none of the boosters from the PC ver made it in and I understand if its a deal breaker for some but its something that I can live without so I'm fine.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Just realised the JP version also has both games on cart. Maybe I'll grab that one.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably get this on Switch, would have gotten it on vita but being forced to listen to the new music? No bueno. Unlike ff7 I haven't play these games since they were released.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Played the original PS2 version, then the Vita remaster... with the ugly english dubbing. Glad now I can finally enjoy the game with its original Japanese VO.

AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What about EU release ? Both game on cartridge or x-2 is a download ?

I have it on PS4 ... didn't play yet .... I would like to know if there is a 4K version for Xbox or no in this case I might go switch ... but damn 26gb is a lot

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm off for the rest of the week (thanks spring break + working in education) and I have it installed on my Xbox One X; I can't wait to dive into Final Fantasy X again!

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Currently there isn't any way to purchase FFX and FFX-2 separately right? Someone I know is only interested in playing X on his Switch.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
It's hard to believe people still don't get that the laugh is meant to be awkward and forced. It isn't a case of poor localization (far from it — the game was localized by Alexander O. Smith of FFXII fame).

People get it. It's just an incredibly stilted moment that the VA and writing around it isn't good enough to make work.

Does it show as having X enhancements?

It doesn't show any X enhancement on the store page.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
People exaggerate how bad the voice acting in X is mostly because of that one scene. It's not as good as XII's and certainly not the best from that generation but it isn't "awful", "garbage" and whatever else gets thrown around on here

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's hard to believe people still don't get that the laugh is meant to be awkward and forced. It isn't a case of poor localization (far from it — the game was localized by Alexander O. Smith of FFXII fame).

Pffff and he did that (spoilers for ending):

The head of localization, Alexander O. Smith, was the one to push for the change for Yuna's final words to Tidus in the Final Fantasy Xending from Arigatō (ありがとう?, lit. Thank you) to "I love you" despite resistance from the Japanese side of development. "I love you" had never appeared in a Final Fantasy game before because it's not something Japanese usually say, but Smith kept pushing for the change and it made it though to the localization.

Deleted member 4518

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Final Fantasy X before, but I just finished Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition on the Switch and I found the save points pretty frustrating at times. I imagine since FFX will be similar and that the remastered versions don't have save states, right? I can't really find anything online so I'm assuming there aren't any save states.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Do all the locations in WoFF look absolutely nothing like the areas they're based on?

There are nods. Sometimes a name is taken, sometimes a location is spun into something new.
Train graveyard from FFVII being one that becomes a huge sprawling location. A town called Nibelheim which has an incredibly familiar skyscraper coming out the top of it. An unusual circular buried prison that is then powered by a mako reactor.
However, Grimoire is very much its own world. The FF champions inhabit it as a part of that world rather than the one they are from.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite game of all time. Played on PS2 day one, played the HD remaster on Vita day one. I'm going to have to play this again aren't I?
Haven't really been keeping up though, anything new in this version?

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite game of all time. Played on PS2 day one, played the HD remaster on Vita day one. I'm going to have to play this again aren't I?
Haven't really been keeping up though, anything new in this version?

Aside from having the ability to switch to the original OST, 4k on XB1X, couple minor visual updates and the Vita touchscreen options on Switch it's the same game.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from having the ability to switch to the original OST, 4k on XB1X, couple minor visual updates and the Vita touchscreen options on Switch it's the same game.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have a 4K TV/PS4 pro and a Switch. Given the price of the Switch version I'm considering just getting it on PS4 instead.
I'll have to look deep inside and see how much portability really means to me here considering I still have a Vita.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the quick reply?

I have a 4K TV/PS4 pro and a Switch. Given the price of the Switch version I'm considering just getting it on PS4 instead.
I'll have to look deep inside and see how much portability really means to me here considering I still have a Vita.

I think the Vita version is cross save with ps4 if you want to do some handheld grinding or blitzball or whatever

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Seeing a lot of excitement for these releases, I might just boot up my steam version and play alongside everyone. I love these games.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the quick reply!

One note: the game doesn't have PS4 Pro support so it'll still be 1080p on that machine.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017