1. Wrexis

Wrexis
    Member OP

Looks better than I expected.

From Nexon's website:

[​IMG]

https://career.nexon.com/user/recruit/notice/noticeView?joinCorp=NX&reNo=20180068

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/8j54la/ffxi_mobile_what_ffxi_mobile_is_probably_gonna/

EDIT: Sounds like a lot of people don't know much about this.

1. "Is it F2P?" Don't know, but the developing company is known for F2P games.
    2. "What platforms?" We're assuming iOS, Android and (speculation) maybe Switch given the number of ports it got recently.
    3. "Does it have all the expansions? The initial announcement of the game discussed up to Chains of Promathia.
    4. "When's it coming out?" It's been in development for 2-3 years, so maybe in the next year or two?
    5. "Can I import my character?" No. It's a complete different game.

2. ILikeFeet

ILikeFeet

IT'S ALIVE!

UE4 is really picking up the slack for this game

3. Saint-14

Saint-14

Still no date?

4. Kyoufu

Kyoufu

Damn, I want this so badly.

5. Femto0

Femto0

Is f2p or subscription?

6. Aters

Aters

Wait this is actually happening?

7. Punished Dan

Punished Dan

If F2P I'll dabble in and out with this.

8. Khezu

Khezu

Wait wut

9. Otnopolit

Otnopolit

Wow, how interesting to see the game rendered like this.

10. MochaKoffee

MochaKoffee

Vana'diel was always a beautiful world underneath all of those PS2 graphics.

I don't believe they've said whether the mobile game would be or not.
    The original game is still subscription based, though.

11. Aeana

Aeana

I hope it plays well.

12. Sesuadra

Sesuadra

Wow that looks great.

Can’t wait to try it

FFXI will always have a very special place in my life.

13. I had no idea this was a thing. F2p?

14. jon bones

jon bones

I keep almost forgetting about this and then they bump it back up.

Looks really good, hope the business model is solid.

15. Munba

Munba

Need this. There is a chance to see it on Switch (or Steam)?

16. kurahador

kurahador

Wow...this seems like a straight up remaster. They can't be keeping this to be mobile only right?

17. Wrexis

Wrexis
    Member OP

Switch, possibly, looks like the Switch could handle it. Not sure if Mobile would come out on Steam as they probably want you to use the current PC version.

18. nivorae

nivorae

It looks really good, too good for mobile even tbh. Looking at that Tortoise it reminds me a LOT of the model used in XIV actually.

19. SoraanTribal

SoraanTribal

So is this like a spin off game or will it have all the stories of all expansions? And is the gameplay the same or do we know?

20. Hellraider

Hellraider

This is such an interesting experiment, I'm really excited to hear more about it.

21. MochaKoffee

MochaKoffee

They used a lot of the same enemies in FFXIV. It's pretty neat to see the texturing differences, though.

Eureka has some old friends as well. Farming Valkurm Emperor The Emperor of Anemos for the Emperor's Hairpin in 2018 was wild.

22. glasiche

glasiche

Everyone wants to know what’s the squeeze on this

23. Sammy Samusu

Sammy Samusu

That game still exists?

24. What’s with the random switch mention? This been hinted to come to consoles at all.

25. Bya

Bya

Not sure I like the textures tbh. Makes it look too different. I'm still interested though.

26. TC13

TC13

This actually looks pretty good, whew.

27. TheBryanJZX90

TheBryanJZX90

Hmm could I retrieve a character I last played in 2004?

28. Jtendo '82

Jtendo '82
    Banned Member

Yeah I am ALL over this when it comes out. I never really got too deep into the PC version but this is absolutely the kind of game I would play the shit out of on my phone. If this is content complete...whoa

This could be a massive MASSIVE hit for Square Enix if Nexon can pull it off.

29. I don't think any of nexon Mobile MMOs have hit switch, this likely won't worrye

30. Luminaire

Luminaire

Because every game is "Perfect For Switch™"

31. steviejd1

steviejd1

I guess because there have been quite a few mobile ports on the Switch and it's also using UE4.

32. kurahador

kurahador

Is Nexon confirmed still working on this? I would've guessed this is the big project Blue Point were teasing.

33. Fork

Fork

Great, my quest to play every single FF game hasnt died.

34. Loona

Loona

First screen looks like Tahringi Canyon, second is North San Doris, only in the original you don't get to ride chocobos in it.
    The bridge chase looks like inner Ghelsba Outpost, the forest is likely Ronfaure, but the area with the adamantoise doesn't look like the sandy Valley of Sorrows where the original appeared...

Hard to say, so many FF remakes start on mobile to later be moved to PC...

XIV adapts a lot of models from XI, adamantoises are among those.

35. Chackan

Chackan

Is this only speculation or is it a real possibility?

36. Munba

Munba

I would like to see LaThein Plateau in those graphics now.. :0

37. Arcus Felis

Arcus Felis

I've spent way too many days on that game. It hasn't aged well. I can't go back to that time sink.

We all said goodbye already. Let Vana'diel rest in peace.

... I'll be listening to the "Gustaberg" track if you are looking for me. Making the travel from San d'Oria to Bastok on foot at level 10 or so and be welcomed by that song was worth it.

38. Speculation. No hints to it coming to any console

Hope it runs well on mobile

39. Ploid 6.0

Ploid 6.0

OMGGGGGG
    Just unlocked Puppetmaster last night on FFXI private server. I hope this is brought out, and it's good.

Make a pc port too. If not I'll just have to use android emulator I guess.

[No Thanks]

40. Wrexis

Wrexis
    Member OP

Speculation (and I have updated the first post to reflect that), but the developers have previously tried porting FFXI and FFXIV to mobile so there is a desire there.

41. TheZynster

TheZynster

WOW

those shots look fantastic

42. Arcus Felis

Arcus Felis

This time sink is [Impossible to gauge]. I can't go through that ordeal again. It wouldn't be good for my life.

Now, give me a new mainline Final Fantasy set in Vana'diel without it being an MMO and with a good gameplay, and I'm in.

43. MusclesAreGirly

MusclesAreGirly
    Banned Member

Definitely playing this when I can't play XIV.

Final Fantasy Online, in the bathtub.

44. Ploid 6.0

Ploid 6.0

I have a feeling it won't be like old FFXI with the time sinks, especially on mobile. Current FFXI is easy peasy, private servers have lots of things like 3x exp and movement, teleports everywhere, and so on.

45. Hate

Hate

F2P and there’s a chance my friends would play this but I would be fucked by whales.

P2P means no friends.

Decisions decisions...

46. Spence

Spence

Wow looks better than the PC version!

47. Somni

Somni

Pretty cool if it all works out well.

Final Fantasy XI has such an impressively long life and active community. Square should've just rebranded it as "Final Fantasy Online", extending the same to A Realm Reborn.

48. MochaKoffee

MochaKoffee

If you haven't played in a long while, they've made quite a few QoL improvements over the years. It's still a great big black hole of a time sink, make no mistake, but it's better. Kinda.

The most important thing, though, remains untouched. PlayOnline Viewer is still very much there and is just as big of a pain as it was back in like 2005, haha.

49. Philippo

Philippo

Wow, if this is F2P and eventually hits a console (Switch) i might cave in, i was always fascinated by XI but never touched it.

50. Andington

Andington

I'm very much so looking forward to this, as I'd still like to consume all the content of FFXI. I had barely gotten through the main story years ago. I'm getting the Pixel 3 in preparation in playing this. Hopefully it's out by next year, and Square takes control of the business model behind the game. I don't want to see a throwaway pay to win business model cobbled together by Nexon. Square should treat this remake's release with the dignity it deserves, as if successful, it can be the first high quality and successful mobile MMO.