• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Looks better than I expected.

From Nexon's website:

lSqMXKK.png

https://career.nexon.com/user/recruit/notice/noticeView?joinCorp=NX&reNo=20180068

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/8j54la/ffxi_mobile_what_ffxi_mobile_is_probably_gonna/

EDIT: Sounds like a lot of people don't know much about this.

1. "Is it F2P?" Don't know, but the developing company is known for F2P games.
2. "What platforms?" We're assuming iOS, Android and (speculation) maybe Switch given the number of ports it got recently.
3. "Does it have all the expansions? The initial announcement of the game discussed up to Chains of Promathia.
4. "When's it coming out?" It's been in development for 2-3 years, so maybe in the next year or two?
5. "Can I import my character?" No. It's a complete different game.

Last edited:

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I keep almost forgetting about this and then they bump it back up.

Looks really good, hope the business model is solid.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Wow...this seems like a straight up remaster. They can't be keeping this to be mobile only right?

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It looks really good, too good for mobile even tbh. Looking at that Tortoise it reminds me a LOT of the model used in XIV actually.

SoraanTribal

Oct 27, 2017
So is this like a spin off game or will it have all the stories of all expansions? And is the gameplay the same or do we know?

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks really good, too good for mobile even tbh. Looking at that Tortoise it reminds me a LOT of the model used in XIV actually.

They used a lot of the same enemies in FFXIV. It's pretty neat to see the texturing differences, though.

Eureka has some old friends as well. Farming Valkurm Emperor The Emperor of Anemos for the Emperor's Hairpin in 2018 was wild.

Jtendo '82

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
Yeah I am ALL over this when it comes out. I never really got too deep into the PC version but this is absolutely the kind of game I would play the shit out of on my phone. If this is content complete...whoa

This could be a massive MASSIVE hit for Square Enix if Nexon can pull it off.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Is Nexon confirmed still working on this? I would've guessed this is the big project Blue Point were teasing.

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
First screen looks like Tahringi Canyon, second is North San Doris, only in the original you don't get to ride chocobos in it.
The bridge chase looks like inner Ghelsba Outpost, the forest is likely Ronfaure, but the area with the adamantoise doesn't look like the sandy Valley of Sorrows where the original appeared...

Switch, possibly, looks like the Switch could handle it. Not sure if Mobile would come out on Steam as they probably want you to use the current PC version.

Hard to say, so many FF remakes start on mobile to later be moved to PC...

XIV adapts a lot of models from XI, adamantoises are among those.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I've spent way too many days on that game. It hasn't aged well. I can't go back to that time sink.

We all said goodbye already. Let Vana'diel rest in peace.

... I'll be listening to the "Gustaberg" track if you are looking for me. Making the travel from San d'Oria to Bastok on foot at level 10 or so and be welcomed by that song was worth it.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
OMGGGGGG
Just unlocked Puppetmaster last night on FFXI private server. I hope this is brought out, and it's good.

Make a pc port too. If not I'll just have to use android emulator I guess.

I've spent way too many days on that game. It hasn't aged well. I can't go back to that time sink.

We all said goodbye already. Let Vana'diel rest in peace.
[No Thanks]

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
This time sink is [Impossible to gauge]. I can't go through that ordeal again. It wouldn't be good for my life.

Now, give me a new mainline Final Fantasy set in Vana'diel without it being an MMO and with a good gameplay, and I'm in.

I have a feeling it won't be like old FFXI with the time sinks, especially on mobile. Current FFXI is easy peasy, private servers have lots of things like 3x exp and movement, teleports everywhere, and so on.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
F2P and there's a chance my friends would play this but I would be fucked by whales.

P2P means no friends.

Decisions decisions...

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Pretty cool if it all works out well.

Final Fantasy XI has such an impressively long life and active community. Square should've just rebranded it as "Final Fantasy Online", extending the same to A Realm Reborn.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This time sink is [Impossible to gauge]. I can't go through that ordeal again. It wouldn't be good for my life.

Now, give me a new mainline Final Fantasy set in Vana'diel without it being an MMO and with a good gameplay, and I'm in.

If you haven't played in a long while, they've made quite a few QoL improvements over the years. It's still a great big black hole of a time sink, make no mistake, but it's better. Kinda.

The most important thing, though, remains untouched. PlayOnline Viewer is still very much there and is just as big of a pain as it was back in like 2005, haha.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, if this is F2P and eventually hits a console (Switch) i might cave in, i was always fascinated by XI but never touched it.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very much so looking forward to this, as I'd still like to consume all the content of FFXI. I had barely gotten through the main story years ago. I'm getting the Pixel 3 in preparation in playing this. Hopefully it's out by next year, and Square takes control of the business model behind the game. I don't want to see a throwaway pay to win business model cobbled together by Nexon. Square should treat this remake's release with the dignity it deserves, as if successful, it can be the first high quality and successful mobile MMO.