• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Own this on Steam after having given up hoping for it on Switch back when I bought it. And before that I bought it in PS4 because I didn't think a PC version had been announced.
Oops!

Would probably still want to get it on Switch, but I haven't even tried the PC version yet. I think I'll play a little on PC just to see if I like it or not, then if the Switch port is solid I'll pick it up there once it goes on sale (maybe Black Friday or something).

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Imagine this upcoming Direct! Gonna be special considering they're announcing all these mid tier titles beforehand. Saving all the good stuff for the Direct!!

...right?
Actually, yes im fairly optimistic there is going to be a Direct not far from now, January is a typical time for Nintendo

Just wait if its going to be a 'mini'Direct or just a Direct

RAWcolour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Been holding off playing this on PS4 as the idea of playing through a lengthy RPG in front of my TV just doesn't feel right. I was so happy to revisit FFX on Vita and XII on handheld will be amazing too. Can't wait!

RNGesus

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Was never able to get into XII when it first came out. But I hear the Remaster is much improved so I'll give it a shot when it comes to the X1

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Never finished it on PS2, bought it on PS4 and it's still unopened. Will probably buy again on Switch and actually play it there. Maybe. LOL

Nov 17, 2017
Ashe is the protagonist, with perhaps Bashe and Balthier as secondary.
tenor.gif

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
And the finishing blow with Fire Emblem in May, awesome months for JRPG lovers.

You had me panicking about an official release date announcement and missing out on potential CE.

Don't do that.

I really think TH is going to be pushed until Q3 at this point.

Already been answered, but mixed. Matsuno leaving the project partway is a heavy-blow, but there's allot of good stuff in there. The English performances are pretty strong throughout too.

Yep, the VA in FF12 is OUTSTANDING. There was a good piece in either Eurogamer or USGamer about it.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still bitter over my PS4 copy screwing me out of the platinum at the 11th hour 😭

But I love this game and will totally replay it again, so, it's whatever. Glad those who prefer the Switch can buy it now.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Secretly the second-best Final Fantasy. I can't imagine playing it without the fast-forward option though.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
That pricing is bullshit but they dropped pretty quickly on PS4 so hopefully they do the same on xbox and switch.

ccieag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vail, CO
Damn, I'm looking at a massive hit to the wallet in the late Spring. I will have to pick up XII, and maybe X, but as others have said will wait for a sale first. Damn, I'm going to be able to play everything I want on the Switch by the end of this year, and have no need for anything else.

And yes, I REALLY want that FFIX release date - one of my favorite FF games of all time

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
ok so is the story in FFXII shit or not, RPGs dont work for me if the story is crap

Lets put it this way, there's very little of the "power of friendship" mannerism that you see in the majority of JRPGs. 6/9 of the playable characters (guests included) are adults. Story's more about nations and events than people.

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
This art by Yoshida is great. Ashe's dress really commands the piece. It looks like a mountain. I wonder if it relates to the underside of Ashe's personal motivations

DwgL64EVsAAk3hv.jpg:orig

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I'm getting it for Switch.
Just tell me what the best classes are for each character, cause once you pick one, you can't change them, right?

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I guess I'm getting it for Switch.
Just tell me what the best classes are for each character, cause once you pick one, you can't change them, right?

Correct, but there isn't really a best class for each character. Penelo and Ashe have somewhat more MP than everyone else and make slightly better mages because of that but that's the only real distinction.

Everything else comes down to playstyle. Since everyone can (eventually) do two jobs, just find sonething that works as a primary job then multiclass to shore up areas that might be weak.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Correct, but there isn't really a best class for each character. Penelo and Ashe have somewhat more MP than everyone else and make slightly better mages because of that but that's the only real distinction.

Everything else comes down to playstyle. Since everyone can (eventually) do two jobs, just find sonething that works as a primary job then multiclass to shore up areas that might be weak.
I remember reading you could lock yourself out... or more like, make some fights extremely hard if you didn't have the right classes, so that's what worries me.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
I remember reading you could lock yourself out... or more like, make some fights extremely hard if you didn't have the right classes, so that's what worries me.
I initially had the same worries as you. But so long as you diversify (regardless of who gets which job), you will be fine throughout.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

Nah. The game isn't THAT hard. Its extremely unlikely you end up with a party SO bad that happens unless it was intentional.

Like...all white mages would get you there but only an insane person would do this their first run through.

At least diversify somewhat- doesn't matter how or with who and you'll be fine.

Kinanza

Jun 25, 2018
Im probably wrong though but I was told by another thread that this game has some obscene sexual designs?