• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
RPGSite said:
Following the resounding success of over a million units of FINAL FANTASY® XII THE ZODIAC AGE™ shipped last year for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Square Enix Ltd., today announced that players can visit the wondrous world of Ivalice on PC from 1st February 2018.

FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE on STEAM® will include all of the modern advancements and features available in the PlayStation®4 version, such as latest-generation visuals, a remastered soundtrack, new Speed and Trial modes, fast forward function, and many other enhanced features. The following new features will also be added for PC users:

• 60FPS - Ivalice will look better than ever with the game running at 60FPS
  • Compatible with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors - Up to three HD monitors can be used for a potential 48(16x3):9 experience
  • New Game Plus and New Game Minus - Post-game content modes are now accessible from the beginning of the game
  • Three background music options – The original, re-orchestrated and soundtrack versions are now available from the beginning of the game
  • Maximized License Points and Gil - New functionality added to grant players max License Points and Gil from the configuration screen
  • Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards and more to optimize the PC player experience
To celebrate the launch of the game, fans can learn more about the new features the PC version has to offer during a special launch programme on 2nd February at 08:00GMT / 09:00CET, where Producer Hiroaki Kato and Director Takashi Katano will answer questions received from FINAL FANTASY fans on Twitter. Viewers can tune into the programme, complete with English subtitles, on the SQUARE ENIX YouTube channel.
Source: https://www.rpgsite.net/news/6559-f...uary-1-with-60fps-support-and-other-additions

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
https://www.rpgsite.net/news/6559-f...uary-1-with-60fps-support-and-other-additions

This is shaping up to be more than just a straight port of the console version of the game. In addition to the many changes made to The Zodiac Age on PlayStation 4, the PC release supports 60 FPS framerates, 21:9 ultra-wide aspect resolutions, a third 'Soundtrack' version BGM toggle, cheats to give you maximum gil and license points, and the ability to choose New Game Plus and New Game Minus from the beginning. The port also supports controllers and Steam trading cards.

€: Beaten

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Great for PC owners.

I'm stunned at 60fps though. I thought the game logic was tied to the fps. There's no reason the PS4 can't run this at 60fps then, the CPU shouldn't be a hinderance as it was a PS2 game...

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally! Could see this coming from a mile away but good to have confirmation, and glad it's coming so soon.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
I for one am shocked

Oh no I'm not, it's what everybody said would happen.

Getting it for my birthday.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Didn't they say 60FPS wasn't possible for this game? I bought the PS4 version but never got around to playing it, maybe I'll just eBay it now.

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
  • New Game Plus and New Game Minus - Post-game content modes are now accessible from the beginning of the game
  • Maximized License Points and Gil - New functionality added to grant players max License Points and Gil from the configuration screen
New Game Minus? Not sure what that means

Also the LP and Gil thing... is that just a built-in cheat code or something?

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Yeah they've build cheat codes into a lot of the FF ports.

FF7 and FF9 have them too.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I did my part and bought the PS4 version steelbook edition.

I will do my part and get this as well.

NG Minus means you're locked to level 1 and cannot gain levels. That's one of the 2 modes you can unlock after beating the regular Zodiac Age main game once.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

Yes it's a cheat. A bunch of their remasters had this.

New Game Minus is a mode in which your characters are locked to Level 1

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Damn

Bought PS4 steelbook edition haven't played it yet but no regrets lol

Gonna play it still and will triple dip on pc ver later

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yep yep yep. Buying for a third time. I love this game.

(It still would have done better for SE with a day and date PC port)

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
60fps? I'm in. This game is amazing and I've really wanted to replay it.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
60 FPS though !!! Glad I waited ! My favorite FF with 6, being able to enjoy the scenery on my monitor...it will be priceless

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
I did my part and bought the PS4 version steelbook edition.

I will do my part and get this as well.

NG Minus means you're locked to level 1 and cannot gain levels. That's one of the 2 modes you can unlock after beating the regular Zodiac Age main game once.

How the crap do you nest this game at level one?!