• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Finally have time to play this on PS4.......I wish you could change your jobs at least once, ah well, I'll put more thought into it when I get to pick again

Realized I only had 1 "tank" after locking them all in lol

Can I set a gambit so the mages will cast the most effective spell at a target?

Giruvegan

I was really excited to play this finally. I've been waiting for a long time but, my PS4 suddenly died and my laptop can't run it since it's old.
Now I'm really sad. Steam gave me a refund but this is the only thing I've wanted to play for who knows how long. Such a gross string of
bad luck, I can hardly believe it.

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm really far into the story now and some of my characters feel completely OP and others feel kinda weak

Pretty crazy how you can set up enough gambits to just run around areas and your party just blows through everything they encounter as they run by lol

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I was really excited to play this finally. I've been waiting for a long time but, my PS4 suddenly died and my laptop can't run it since it's old.
Now I'm really sad. Steam gave me a refund but this is the only thing I've wanted to play for who knows how long. Such a gross string of
bad luck, I can hardly believe it.

How did your Ps4 die? You'll eventually be able to grab another one.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Finally installed this game after purchasing it during the last Steam sale and in the mood to play it, but first, this question is aimed toward the PC people:

Are there any mods that allow for a "guest" party member at all times? Not one to spawn or summon a traditional guest character, but something that would allow me to use four characters at once regardless of where i am in the story. I know there's some mods for the former with cheat engine style stuff where you can just plug in anyone as a guest, but I'm looking for something simple that'll just let me pick 1 to four people to run around the world in, with no fiddling of exterior menus outside of the game itself.

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I have no clue what happened but it just won't turn on now.
When I was looking up solutions I noticed that this wasn't exactly uncommon.
I've never had this issue with a console before so I'm sort of wary of getting another.
I don't exactly have the funds anyway.

Hm, was this a launch console or a slim, and how long did you have it for?

Giruvegan

Hm, was this a launch console or a slim, and how long did you have it for?
It's a slim and I've had it for a little over a year.
It might be the power supply but the weird thing about this
is that my PS3 also won't turn on now.
They died at the same time.

Anyway, I'm really sorry for derailing the thread.
I'm hoping I can find a deal on a more recent laptop so I can just play on PC. . .

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
It's a slim and I've had it for a little over a year.
It might be the power supply but the weird thing about this
is that my PS3 also won't turn on now.
They died at the same time.

Anyway, I'm really sorry for derailing the thread.
I'm hoping I can find a deal on a more recent laptop so I can just play on PC. . .

Both consoles died at the same time? Definitely not a coincidence.

Looking to pick this up and give it another go. Played it last in '06 when it released, and it never truly clicked with me, although I knew it was very good.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Only after unlocking my first quickening did I realize what people were talking about when they were saying to be careful with those. This one wasn't blocking anything lol. Oh well...

Anyway, it can't be said enough, this game has aged incredibly well in all aspects. I love the orchestrated ost. Turbo mode is a game changer.

I'm really glad the game gets more love these days.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Contemplating on finding Hastega and if it's worth the trouble. It's one thing to get there and another to get the eff out.
Did people find FF12 really complicated/hard when it launched? Is that why FF13 was way too straight forward?
I can't put my finger on it but it makes you wonder how this game would be received if it were released today in high def glory.

Last edited:

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working through the Hunt Club now and managed to kill Roblon. Jesus Christ, what a nuissance.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at the end of the story........I've done almost all the hunts, a few optional espers, dunno if I'm gonna do much else

Have to get to Spiderman :p

I don't remember Roblon being too difficult, other than all the adds to get through

Can I buy tier 11/12 gear anywhere?

Last edited:

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He isn't too difficult by any means, the skeletons add to the difficulty and they respawn and may cast reflect.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
Need help on trial 100. I start with two members berserked which I can solve easily but it wastes a precious couple of seconds.

I have nihopolao but between trying to heal, dispel, give status effects, summon Zodiark. I know of the Zeromus strategy but heard it got weakened.

Only this and the beastiary trophy left.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
The Great Crystal. Fuck. Fuuuuuuck.
Been following a guide on how to get to Ultima by the letter until I get to one floor where it says 'touch the rightmost gate' and there isn't any gates.
So frustrating. You could spend days lost in that place.

Reminds me why 12 is one of my least favourite FFs, it goes out of its way to be annoying/frustrating quite often.

Finalbeta

Sep 6, 2018
Naples, Italy
The Great Crystal. Fuck. Fuuuuuuck.
Been following a guide on how to get to Ultima by the letter until I get to one floor where it says 'touch the rightmost gate' and there isn't any gates.
So frustrating. You could spend days lost in that place.

Reminds me why 12 is one of my least favourite FFs, it goes out of its way to be annoying/frustrating quite often.
Yeah best choice is to pick a map on the internet

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Yeah best choice is to pick a map on the internet

Yeah that's what I ended up doing. It took me so long to get my head around it all. I didn't understand that there are two gates of each starsign and you can only open one of each at a time, none of the guides explained that well enough.
Got Ultima now but I still have to find Hastega and Shellga :(

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Wow, I just discovered that teleport crystals are finite - in Giruvegan / Giant Crystal. Now I have to somehow trek back to Balfonheim on foot. I have no idea the way.

You know when you can't quite decide whether a design decision was idiotic, or just plain spiteful?

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Wow, I just discovered that teleport crystals are finite - in Giruvegan / Giant Crystal. Now I have to somehow trek back to Balfonheim on foot. I have no idea the way.

You know when you can't quite decide whether a design decision was idiotic, or just plain spiteful?
it doesn't help you at the moment but IIRC there is at least one merchant that sells them

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Argh, kicking myself. Ran through trial mode on an endgame save accidentally, so when I returned to the main game after I couldn't return to mop up the remainders for the bestiary trophy.
So now i'm running through again and the last 15 are a pain.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Hi, this seems like the place to bump since this game isn't getting much discussion lately.

I've been watching epicnamebro do a new game- run on youtube and it's making me want to pick this game up on PC and play ng- myself.

I beat this game when it released on PS2, but have not revisited it since. I found the final third of the plot a bit disappointing, but I'm interested to see if my mind would change after this much time--though my hopes are not super high. Gameplay seems like it's got some nice improvements for this remaster.

How tedious is lategame ng-? I like hard games, most of the time: beat Dark Souls at SL1, played GoW 2018 on GMGoW played Berseria on evil etc. Though I don't generally like to go overboard with difficulty challenges that just turn into 200-hour time-sinks. For example I played FE:A on Hard Classic and skipped a lunatic run.

What do you all think? Is there some other way I should play that might require me to play skillfully without the extra demands of ng-? Should I just skip this altogether?

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
NG- isn't something I have played myself, but it shouldn't be TOO bad.

A lot of character power in this game is wrapped up in Augments and Equipment, not levels. There's even weaponry that completely ignores character stats to calculate damage. Even in NG-, the difficulty of the game is what you make of it. Grinding LP for augments or for powerful out of the way equipment can swing the difficulty wildly, not to mention the absolutely busted Trial Mode.

There is also a ton of optional fighting to be done in this game with hunts, espers, ect. and you can "customize" the difficulty of those fights by choosing when to fight them. A lot of espers and hunts can be quite difficult if you try to take them on as soon as they become available.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Playing through this for the third time and I still absolutely adore the gameplay and the world, but there's one thing that's bothering me more than it should.

This might be the Final Fantasy for me with the least memorable bosses. I don't mean the actual characters - I remember Cid fx easily enough, but I just don't remember the fights at all. I think the gambit system might have something to do with this, maybe the camera. I recall a lot of fights where I could barely make out the boss, and basically just stared at their feet.

soul

Oct 27, 2017
I'm re-playing FFXII Zodiac on PS4, last time I played, it was the base game on PS2.

I just came in to vent and say, fuck Cerobi Steppe and everything in it. Fuck fuck fuck. I'm finding myself grinding treasure chests for hours and still can't get those fucking items. Man who the hell in SE thought about these 1 in a million treasure drop rates. Some are so easy yet some I can grind for hours.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm re-playing FFXII Zodiac on PS4, last time I played, it was the base game on PS2.

I just came in to vent and say, fuck Cerobi Steppe and everything in it. Fuck fuck fuck. I'm finding myself grinding treasure chests for hours and still can't get those fucking items. Man who the hell in SE thought about these 1 in a million treasure drop rates. Some are so easy yet some I can grind for hours.
I didn't even bother with chest grinding. My goal was to do some hunts, grab some summons, and beat the game. And given how grindy the summon fetch is, I'm about to just give up on that and beat the game.

soul

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even bother with chest grinding. My goal was to do some hunts, grab some summons, and beat the game. And given how grindy the summon fetch is, I'm about to just give up on that and beat the game.

Yeah, I'm at the point of saying, why am I doing this anyway? and just go ahead and continue with other sidequests / finish the game.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Back into the game after a two years break. I'm in front of the crystal maze.

I went back to get my hang of the battle, inventory and everything. But I'm so lost lol.

I don't remember how the licences work : you unlock the right to use this spell but you have to buy the spell ?

How do I buy these spells ?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I hope someone here can help with this...

I need to get to the Nomad Village in the Gaza plains to find a hunt petitioner. I am at the point in the story where the Plains cycles through wet and dry.

However, every time I find a dry spell, whenever enter the village it is raining...

To be clear:

I enter the plains, it is dry.
I walk around and every other area in the plains and it is dry.
Regardless of this, whenever I enter the specific area the Nomad Village, it is raining...

Any ideas? The only NPC is someone called Sadeen who just says "..." when I speak to him.

Edit: I see the issue, if wasn't actually a day spell, it just doesn't always rain during the wet spell which was confusing me.

The in game clock ticked past the hour and now it's dry again, I forgot that it switched to a sandier/sunny tile set!

Last edited:
May 10, 2018
Well I've done pretty much all of the optional quest and Espers. Only have Omega and Yizamat left.

After that is trial mode.

I admit I cheesed the game towards the end. The break technicks make the superbosses trivial and then you can farm as many seitengrats as you want.

Overall FF12 has aged very well and TZA brought some much needed QOL improvements. Still there are some design choices that really baffle me.

Traps are some of the dumbest bullshit ever. Having them in dungeons can be an exception but other than that, trash.

The RNG shit on some chest is another thing that sucks. Just let me buy the damn spell at endgame.

The break technicks can stay in chest as they are OP.

May 10, 2018
Took down Omega and Yizamat.

Wither made them pretty easy.

From what I read online the break technicks didn't affect bosses in the original release but that changed in the later version of the game.

I guess to offset that, you can only get the break technicks late game now since they're only useful for certain bosses.

Oh yeah, navigating the great crystal is still some bullshit.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Anyone still playing? I'm at the end of game, right before boarding Bahamut, and trying to get the Zeromus esper.

The acolyte in front of the staircase at Mt Bur-Omisace won't give me the Stone of Condemner. Maybe I talked with this guy before to get the stone, but it doesn't show up in my inventory, and when I go to the Stilshrine of Miriam and touch the waypoint, nothing is different.

I searched online, but it doesn't really seem anyone is talking about this, so it's probably not a glitch. I'm probably just missing something.

Anyone else run into any problems with getting to Zeromus?

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
How do I change the weather to rain ? Trying to do clan hunts and an NPC only appears during the rains.