• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Not sure if this has ever been shared here (cant flip through 30 pages), but (I think) this same user rendered Cocoon in 3D on Sketchfab ... It's really something, and Im sad we never have much chance to interact with a map or the world at large.

skfb.ly

Final Fantasy XIII - The World of Cocoon - 3D model by v7x

Cocoon is a massive hollow sphere that floats in the atmosphere above the world of Pulse like a low-hanging moon. It was constructed and set in the sky by the powerful and enigmatic beings known as the fal’Cie many centuries ago under the premise of protecting humanity from the savage world of...
Use your mouse to drag around, and scroll wheel to zoom.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Not sure if this has ever been shared here (cant flip through 30 pages), but (I think) this same user rendered Cocoon in 3D on Sketchfab ... It's really something, and Im sad we never have much chance to interact with a map or the world at large.

skfb.ly

Final Fantasy XIII - The World of Cocoon - 3D model by v7x

Cocoon is a massive hollow sphere that floats in the atmosphere above the world of Pulse like a low-hanging moon. It was constructed and set in the sky by the powerful and enigmatic beings known as the fal’Cie many centuries ago under the premise of protecting humanity from the savage world of...
Use your mouse to drag around, and scroll wheel to zoom.
Whoa, that's excellent. There should have been something like this in-game, just to communicate the sense of place. Cocoon very rarely felt like you were in an inverted sphere, despite some slightly trippier skyboxes at times.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know of a way to download the Japanese version of the game (with the easy difficulty option) now? I just tried the step I had in the OP that used to work, but it ended up just downloading the western version of the game. Tbh, the Greatest Hits International release doesn't show up at all now on the store. :/

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know of a way to download the Japanese version of the game (with the easy difficulty option) now? I just tried the step I had in the OP that used to work, but it ended up just downloading the western version of the game. Tbh, the Greatest Hits International release doesn't show up at all now on the store. :/
I already had the Japanese version downloaded and just tried launching it and it wouldn't launch citing "Error 0x82D40003 occurs when you launch a game: Sign in with the account that purchased the game or app, or, if it's a trial version that has expired, purchase the game or app from the Microsoft Store."

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I already had the Japanese version downloaded and just tried launching it and it wouldn't launch citing "Error 0x82D40003 occurs when you launch a game: Sign in with the account that purchased the game or app, or, if it's a trial version that has expired, purchase the game or app from the Microsoft Store."
Well shit. :/

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Just tried on my install and have the same error, well this is a massive bummer.
The saves transfer between both so I haven't lost anything at least. Still lame
Yeah, I guess it has to do with the recent changes that Microsoft made to the store or something. I dunno. It's annoying regardless. I wish SE had just patched the easy mode into the other regions' versions of the game.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies for the bump, but figured this was worth it: this is coming to Game Pass tomorrow (September 2nd) on both Xbox and PC!

news.xbox.com

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Final Fantasy XIII, The Artful Escape, and More - Xbox Wire

Welcome back to your monthly Xbox Game Pass update! We have several great games to add to your ever-growing play list, like Final Fantasy XIII, The Artful Escape, and more. Apologies to those who like to keep detailed lists on what to play next; it’s going to need some updating after reading...

Curious to know if the PC version has any updates compared to the original Steam release. Virtuos had their hands on the PC build a while back. Maybe they gave the PC version some much-needed updates. (The FF13Fix mod fixed all the performance issues for me, but having it work well out-of-the-box would be appreciated)

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Really curious if the pc release will have a separate achievement list, if so I'll be there tomorrow lol.

Protmind

Oct 27, 2017
Does this version have any updates compared to the previous backwards compatible version that has been available on the Xbox One for a while?

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Does this version have any updates compared to the previous backwards compatible version that has been available on the Xbox One for a while?
The Game Pass for Console release will just be the existing backwards compatible 360 version that runs at a higher resolution on One X and Series X and has higher-quality FMVs. It won't be a new version.

EDIT: There's definitely been some work done to the Windows Store version, though not sure how much. The launcher is different than the one on Steam (completely different layout, and it also plays The Promise like the title screen). The credits confirm that Virtuos has worked on the game:

kNPmuVO.png

my7KZRz.png

dG7gwN9.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
My initial notes on the Windows 10 version of FF13:
  • It still has a problem with my keyboard (Wooting Two) where I have to unplug it after I get to the main menu, because it keeps registering an "up" input for some reason. I can plug it back in and it's fine afterwards. This is only an issue with my keyboard as far as I know, but this is also the only game this has ever happened to me in, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • The in-game settings menu seems to be the exact same as the Steam version, which is to say, pretty barebones:
SNcJaS7.png

• The controller button prompts are still grey instead of being colored like they were in the Xbox console version
  • This does retain the optional easy difficulty from the Ultimate Hits International and Steam versions, in case there was any concern about that
  • I can't tell if the FMVs are the same as the Steam version or if they've been replaced with the FMVs from the Xbox backwards compatible versions. Someone else will have to take a look at that
  • The HUD and menu elements are still the same resolution as the original console releases, so they look pixelated at higher resolutions
  • Hair rendering is the same as the Steam version, so it has some minor issues in spots
  • I can't really tell if the performance issues have been fixed or not. I haven't tried running vanilla Steam FF13 on my current setup before (I always use FF13Fix), so I don't know if they actually fixed the problems or my current machine can just brute force the game without issue or something. But it seems fine to me?
So far, it seems okay, but not really worth getting over the Steam version, since you can mod the latter with a bunch of goodies nowadays like higher-res textures, FMVs, better character models, the original Xbox or PlayStation button prompts, etc. (Maybe you can mod this version though? I dunno)

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
If I just wanted to breeze through this game without any challenges, does the PC version on game pass support mods or cheats of any kind on Game Pass? I played pretty deep into the game (not before it "gets good" though) on the PS3 when it launched, but gave up on it. I recall the game being an little on the higher end of difficulty and I kind of just want to see the story and explore all the environments.

Or is the easy version easy enough to just breeze through the game?

Rooster

Oct 27, 2017
If I just wanted to breeze through this game without any challenges, does the PC version on game pass support mods or cheats of any kind on Game Pass? I played pretty deep into the game (not before it "gets good" though) on the PS3 when it launched, but gave up on it. I recall the game being an little on the higher end of difficulty and I kind of just want to see the story and explore all the environments.

Or is the easy version easy enough to just breeze through the game?

No working mods or cheats I can find. Even on easy the game is a tedious slog.

Hazuki_X

Dec 11, 2021
Back playing this again. Started in 2010 when it launched but never actually completed it. 12 years later, I'm determined to finally finish it. Forgot how much I enjoy this entry, and it looks pretty incredible on series x! Not many games from that era that hold up this well!

That being said, I'm up to chapter 12 and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for which weapons I should be upgrading?