• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Well almost finished Chapter 11 but turned around and got the Neochu mission for the Growth Egg. Now stood in front of it about to take this thing on... please be kind to me RNG and get this Death spell off quickly.

Took me about 7+ minutes constantly dying from it's screech and retrying the mission before the death spell did it's thing, then you have to finish of those pikochus X_x. I didn't even have the correct paradigm to spam Firagra so just continued with the same setup till death did it's thing on all of them.

Eden still looks amazing

edj8bZn.png

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Took me about 7+ minutes constantly dying from it's screech and retrying the mission before the death spell did it's thing, then you have to finish of those pikochus X_x. I didn't even have the correct paradigm to spam Firagra so just continued with the same setup till death did it's thing on all of them.

Eden still looks amazing

edj8bZn.png
I got death off and then the little things killed me. I don't have Fortisol and an Aegisol so I've gone back to try to grind for some as I don't think I'm getting that Growth Egg without them.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Just finished XIII, now I'm stuck between grinding out the 100% or moving forward to XIII-2 and coming back later.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
It's 1am, still can't beat this damn Neochu for the Growth Egg. I've had Death kill it a few times but the little things just wipe us. I'm now out in the field trying to get Fortisol and Aegisol, found the latter but not the Fortisol yet. Need to get them both before I return!

Update:
Called it for the night. Still only found an Aegisol, still need a Fortisol before I go back.

What wasn't happening in my fight with Neochu wasn't it's first attack would either one hit kill me or the medic as soon as the fight started. If it didn't hit us and instead hit the sentinel then I'd get one or two rounds to do Death. But if it didn't die then, the little things would kill us. If the Neochu did die to Death then the little things kill us within one turn. No idea how others have done this at this point unless it really truly is because I wasn't using the Fortisol or Aegisol before the fight. Guess I'll keep grinding for a Fortisol tomorrow and hopefully return to Neochu to get my Growth Egg.

Last edited:

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I still think that the story was changed after they did the scene and they just put it into the game anyway because it looks really cool.
Certainly possible given all the development issues and how they talked about not really fully settling on lots of stuff about the game until after the demo finally came out.

It's true though, it's great CG.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
I skipped this game back in the day because it came out during a multiplayer renaissance. Now, years later im playing it with X enhancements and this is right up my alley. I needed this amazing art in my life. It easily looks like a game from this generation.

This scene cracked me up

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm pretty sure the now 6 hours I've wasted trying to get this Growth Egg isn't worth it.

I've tried grinding for Shrouds, only got one, so still don't have a Fortisol. But I'm using an Aegisol before the fight and it either goes one of two ways: the Neochu attacks me first or the one of the AI first. Either way I get 1 or 2 attempts at the Death spell before everyone dies.

Last edited:

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure the now 6 hours I've wasted trying to get this Growth Egg isn't worth it.

I've tried grinding for Shrouds, only got one, so still don't have a Fortisol. But I'm using an Aegisol before the fight and it either goes one of two ways: the Neochu attacks me first or the one of the AI first. Either way I get 1 or 2 attempts at the Death spell before everyone dies.

Happened to me too so I spent a bit of time levelling up everyone's crystarium a bit before reattempting this.

Also around the area surrounding these two is pretty good for CP farming plus a bit further on you have a cave/mines with a tunnel full of hoplites. I spent a few hours around this area.

Last edited:

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I've managed to get Death to activate on Neochu a few times but everyone he dies the little things kill everyone in the party. I've been trying this for over 10 hours now... Jesus.

Happened to me too so I spent a bit of time levelling up everyone's crystarium a bit before reattempting this.

Also around the area surrounding these two is pretty good for CP farming plus a bit further on you have a cave/mines with a tunnel full of hoplites. I spent a few hours around this area.

I'm using that very spot actually! It's really great. 6600 per fight and they're so quick thanks to the preemptive Strike.

Last edited:

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
I've managed to get Death to activate on Neochu a few times but everyone he dies the little things kill everyone in the party. I've been trying this for over 10 hours now... Jesus.

What's your paradigm set up for this battle? In no particular order and I'm sure I had pretty much;

SAB / SEN / MED - This gonna be your main attack for Neochu
MED / SEN / MED - when your tanker looks like they gonna bite the ground
MED / SEN / SYN - rebuffing that Protect
RAV / MED / SEN - any Fire damage or just continue to spam death with your main paradigm on the little things

Tanker will need defence boost too for this fight.

Last edited:

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
What's your paradigm set up for this battle? In no particular order and I'm sure I had pretty much;

SAB / SEN / MED - This gonna be your main attack for Neochu
MED / SEN / MED - when your tanker looks like they gonna bite the ground
MED / SEN / SYN - rebuffing that Protect
RAV / MED / SEN - any Fire damage or just continue to spam death with your main paradigm on the little things
I have these. But am using an Aegisol before the battle so I have protect and such.

I actually just got the Neochu killed, was blasting the little things with fire and they were all below half health as it was an AoE attack and then while the Sen was provoking again they killed my healer and then swarmed me and I couldn't do anything... Dead. I had been fighting them for about 5 minutes too.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Yeah terrible luck. I captured the clip too, I think you can see how much I had damaged the little things too... or maybe not, I think this is when I switched the MED/SEN/MED to try to fix the sinking ship.

And this just happened again... MOTHER F— this is getting out of hand now. I can't believe how close I keep getting.

FINALLY! The fight took 30 minutes but I did it! Holy shit, I started trying to beat this last night and I've finally done it now! Time to actually continue on with the game now. Is there anywhere I should grind in Chapter 11 before I leave it? The double CP with the growth egg should be useful going forward now.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
God, FFXIII is such a sumptuous looking game to this day. It looks gorgeous on the X.

For all it's flaws, I do love this game (though I love it's sequel even more).

Am I the only one who finds XIII such a relaxing game to play? It has such a chilled ambience about it.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
I skipped this game back in the day because it came out during a multiplayer renaissance. Now, years later im playing it with X enhancements and this is right up my alley. I needed this amazing art in my life. It easily looks like a game from this generation.

This scene cracked me up

I just got reminded how painful listening to Vanille is

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Onto Chapter 12 I go:

All I've heard for years was how terrible this game was, how have I never seen this cutscene before? I just saw it myself in game for the first time ever and holy shit was that spectacular.

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Onto Chapter 12 I go:

All I've heard for years was how terrible this game was, how have I never seen this cutscene before? I just saw it myself in game for the first time ever and holy shit was that spectacular.

If there was one thing people never complained about in FFXIII is the spectacle of the cutscenes. That's why it was such a big deal they went to the effort to fix the quality in this enhancement - it's half the experience of the game.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah terrible luck. I captured the clip too, I think you can see how much I had damaged the little things too... or maybe not, I think this is when I switched the MED/SEN/MED to try to fix the sinking ship.

And this just happened again... MOTHER F— this is getting out of hand now. I can't believe how close I keep getting.

FINALLY! The fight took 30 minutes but I did it! Holy shit, I started trying to beat this last night and I've finally done it now! Time to actually continue on with the game now. Is there anywhere I should grind in Chapter 11 before I leave it? The double CP with the growth egg should be useful going forward now.

I mean, you don't get Crystarium level 10 until you beat the final boss, so if you wanna stick around and do some light leveling to make the final boss easier, you can. Hell, if you can get Fang high enough to learn Haste, that opens up a lot of combat opportunities (poor Light doesn't learn it until level 10 lol). Fighting the Behemoth King/Megistotherian for CP with the Growth Egg isn't such a bad idea if you wanna do that for a bit, but there are probably better strategies. If you can take down an Adamantoise/Adamantortoise (which isn't so hard if you have the proper setup), that's like 80k CP.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
Having 2 party members isn't that big of a deal, but they needed to open up all 6 classes from the get go. That was the main problem as far as combat goes.

XIII would benefit tremendously from an in depth remaster like The Zodiac Age where they actually go in and change things. Add side quests, mini games, and NPC interactions that eliminate the need for the data log and help break up the battle/cutscene/battle/cutscene nature of the first half of the game, open up all 6 classes from the get go, overhaul the weapon upgrade system so you know exactly how many resources to invest and know exactly what you're going to get from it, as it is right now you need a guide.

The combat, visuals, music, art style, and polish are all top tier, the game is so close to being amazing, i still love it despite its flaws though.

I think FF13 remaster definitely needs more than just visuak improvements.

It would be really amazing if we can get a version of the game that enhances the gameplay in some way.

CocoaFusion

Oct 28, 2017
It would be nice to see it incorporate the changes and additions from XIII-2, open up a lot of the systems earlier and a blend of side content from XIII-2 and LR.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
XIII-2 is a real looker, it's crazy what they were able to do last gen.

3767501b-e7c4-4714-9c8d-5d714a23ba04.PNG

91984a65-ff04-4fc0-a212-ce2a5bc32b4b.PNG

I'm so incredibly impressed at the thickness of the grass here, I think this is the only game on 360 other than Crysis 3 that actually managed rendering fields of grass. The way it blows and reflects the sun in the wind is great, a massive step up from XIII.

5ace0608-fb92-4aa3-a587-b4850e8f6307.PNG

0bb6c8b1-7726-47b3-9771-9c892511a776.PNG

CocoaFusion

Oct 28, 2017

I'm so incredibly impressed at the thickness of the grass here, I think this is the only game on 360 other than Crysis 3 that actually managed rendering fields of grass. The way it blows and reflects the sun in the wind is great, a massive step up from XIII.

Yeah, I love Archlyte Steppe in XIII-2, especially the BGM during clear skies is amazing. I think Kamikokuryo said he wanted to give XIII-2 a surreal aesthetic and he definitely nailed it.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
wish I could afford tier 3 weapons to take these down quicker. Guess I'm going to be farming here for some time. I think Lightning might be a better SAB than Vanille :o

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018

3767501b-e7c4-4714-9c8d-5d714a23ba04.PNG

91984a65-ff04-4fc0-a212-ce2a5bc32b4b.PNG

5ace0608-fb92-4aa3-a587-b4850e8f6307.PNG

0bb6c8b1-7726-47b3-9771-9c892511a776.PNG

That grass was amazing in XIII-2! And it does surprise me looking back since grass only became a thing this gen.

And so was the snow effect! I think its easily one of the best snow effects in last gen. It also affected the characters dynamically!

Those screens of Pulse, Oerba, and Eden look so good.
151bab082a82c3a5149024619248.gif

I almost regret looking at them since I am technically waiting for the PS4 remaster and this ruined the chance of reliving it again haha

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
So, I'm in the post-game and just finished grinding Crystarium roles to max on everyone for every role (finished at ~57 hours on the save clock) and am starting the Titan Trials. Very first one, I run into this issue:

Kind of making it difficult to progress any further, and I'm not sure if this is a 360 bug or a BC emulator bug (I'm playing on a One X). Tried hard resetting the console and each time I load up and go to this fight, Cie'th Mission #35 (A1) in the Faultwarrens, it happens.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Just finished XIII-2, damn what a game. Now I want to jump right into Lightning Returns but I'm so burned out. These games are just about all I've played since they went BC haha.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm in the post-game and just finished grinding Crystarium roles to max on everyone for every role (finished at ~57 hours on the save clock) and am starting the Titan Trials. Very first one, I run into this issue:

Kind of making it difficult to progress any further, and I'm not sure if this is a 360 bug or a BC emulator bug (I'm playing on a One X). Tried hard resetting the console and each time I load up and go to this fight, Cie'th Mission #35 (A1) in the Faultwarrens, it happens.

Yup you are not alone. Just encounter this glitch. It seems to go away after 1 minute and things return to normal speed