• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I've mained NIN since 4.1, but I think I might main DNC in 5.2. It's an easier and slower job compared to NIN. That's exactly what I need right mow. My poor fucked up hands and arms will thank me. I just need to get it geared up.

Azem

Oct 25, 2017
[10:50]Y'shtola attains level 80!
[10:50]Glamours for Y'shtola are now available.

I've somehow gone 6 months without knowing this is what you got for levelling trusts. Edit: Oh boo, it's just changing to their old outfits. Lame.

Any Australian players here? What server and FC is everyone playing on?

I'm on Ultros, which is part of one of the NA data centres. If you're really concerned about latency, or want to connect with Australians specifically, a lot of OCE/SEA people play on Tonberry, which is part of one of the JP data centres.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
[10:50]Y'shtola attains level 80!
[10:50]Glamours for Y'shtola are now available.

I've somehow gone 6 months without knowing this is what you got for levelling trusts. Edit: Oh boo, it's just changing to their old outfits. Lame.

I'm on Ultros, which is part of one of the NA data centres. If you're really concerned about latency, or want to connect with Australians specifically, a lot of OCE/SEA people play on Tonberry, which is part of one of the JP data centres.

Props to you dude. I'm trying to level trusts as I level new jobs and it has turned out to be a huge grind. I have a full team at 75, but that's only halfway there for less than half of the trust members.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
So Pixies..

*Shadowbringers*

One tried to lure me to my death becuase it would be funny and another told me about how all the "leafmen" around their settlement are people that just wandered into the forest and got cursed by them, which is kind of super horrifying.

..I should be killing these things, right?

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
So Pixies..

*Shadowbringers*

One tried to lure me to my death becuase it would be funny and another told me about how all the "leafmen" around their settlement are people that just wandered into the forest and got cursed by them, which is kind of super horrifying.

The pixies are the worst. We should let the Eighth Rejoining happen to rid the universe of them.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Everybody, I finally did it. I finally unlocked the Stormblood beasts tribe quests after all these years. Maybe Gunbreaker and Dancer will hit 70 before 2021 now.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
So Pixies..

*Shadowbringers*

Such fascinating creature. The whole Il Mheg is a hellscape really despite how pretty it look.

Makeshift Chef

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So... I've finished the main campaign of the original release. That was pretty fun! I guess I am moving on to the expansion? I'm not really sure as I'm just following along with the msq. The problem now though is that there are so many freaking blue check mark quests. I have no idea which ones I should pursue now vs which I can leave until later. BLM has been fun. After I get through everything I'm going to try a healer. I don't suppose any of the healing classes feel like swtor bounty Hunter do they, haha? Loved playing that one back a few years ago.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
with 3 days left on my original game time, I think I've decided to not resub at least until 5.2 hits next month. I will finish getting the MCH to 80 in the next couple of days and hit 500 hours played, which for 45 days of gametime is pretty fucking ridiculous and amounted to some serious no-life playing like I hadnt done since my hardcore wow days back in the day. So having done almost all the content in the game at least once (I missed some oldie raids like the bahamut stuff), having five 80s and also four 70s ready for the daily roulette grind for when I do resub, and no real interest in any of the other jobs (I even tried to play tank the last couple of days, getting a marauder to warrior at 32 and also messing around with dark knight, also 32, and I just dont like tanking, its pointless to force it), it seems like a good time to call it for a few weeks at least.

When I resub for 5.2 I can do that story stuff and get the other 2 jobs I care about to 80 (white mage and bard to finish both the healers and the ranged physicals).

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I forgot how big the gaps were between gear sets in the early levels. I feel so weird at 39 MCH using a mix of Bayfox gear and under lol.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Its over. Its done. WOOOOOOP

1M0ofZN.jpg

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Any tips for making money as a miner in SHB?

Back before I took a break, I think I made my fortune (3mil which was pretty awesome for me at the time) with crystal clusters. I think those have always been in demand.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

Back before I took a break, I think I made my fortune (3mil which was pretty awesome for me at the time) with crystal clusters. I think those have always been in demand.

Get maps and sell them or sell the things you get from the maps. With 5.2 about to hit there will be new crafted gear, and I'm guessing maybe new potions/aethersands? If there are new potions/aethersands you'll be able to make a ton of money in the period right after the patch drops selling the aethersands probably.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017

Be ready to go after new gathering items with 5.2. There should be an all new crafted gearset for normal jobs, due to the new raid. Materials will be very much in demand.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
So... I've finished the main campaign of the original release. That was pretty fun! I guess I am moving on to the expansion? I'm not really sure as I'm just following along with the msq. The problem now though is that there are so many freaking blue check mark quests. I have no idea which ones I should pursue now vs which I can leave until later. BLM has been fun. After I get through everything I'm going to try a healer. I don't suppose any of the healing classes feel like swtor bounty Hunter do they, haha? Loved playing that one back a few years ago.
You should be getting into the post campaign content, the 100 quest they released between ARR launching and the expansion launch. 70% of it is considered a slog by most people, but it does ramp up very nice towards the lead up to the expansion and the game stays mostly consistent after it.

Most of it will be old dungeons or raids you can go back to later. Main scenario is what will propel you forward and guide you to the expansion. The major sidequest are The Binding Coil of Bahamut which is a raid series that ends some 1.0/ARR intro plot threads (most do these quests unsynced with lv 80s using party finder), The Labyrinth of the Ancients (Crystal Tower) alliance raid series which is setup for the current expansion (duty finder is fine for this), and Hildibrand which is a set of comedic sidequest with 0 ties to the main plot threads. The rest are mostly optional dungeons, you can use this this list to get an idea of what's what:

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017

Gathering only makes money for short windows after new crafting recipes are added, stuff from timed nodes used to sell for good money back in HW but that's long gone

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Just unlocked gunbreaker and toyed with it for a while. I like how its rotation looks very different from the other tanks. It looks like the job is about building up cartridges and then blowing them on the cartridge-only combo, except the combo itself is on a cooldown? The 123456 combo is a refreshing change of pace, at least.

I get the complaints about the attack sounds though. The damn sword sounds like it's made of rubber until you use a cartridge.
Such fascinating creature. The whole Il Mheg is a hellscape really despite how pretty it look.
Il Mheg is kind of like the ultimate place of no fucks given.

Rather, they play by their own rules and morality system that's so different from ours that many parts come across as outright evil.

mojo2

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
You should be getting into the post campaign content, the 100 quest they released between ARR launching and the expansion launch. 70% of it is considered a slog by most people, but it does ramp up very nice towards the lead up to the expansion and the game stays mostly consistent after it.

Most of it will be old dungeons or raids you can go back to later. Main scenario is what will propel you forward and guide you to the expansion. The major sidequest are The Binding Coil of Bahamut which is a raid series that ends some 1.0/ARR intro plot threads (most do these quests unsynced with lv 80s using party finder), The Labyrinth of the Ancients (Crystal Tower) alliance raid series which is setup for the current expansion (duty finder is fine for this), and Hildibrand which is a set of comedic sidequest with 0 ties to the main plot threads. The rest are mostly optional dungeons, you can use this this list to get an idea of what's what:

Damn, thanks. This is one of the most useful posts I've read. Right on time too, didn't even know yet what to ask!

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Well I've ordered a PC. Hopefully this is goodbye to people barely being able to hear my on my phone via discord. Also will be nice to have better performance during 24 man raids.

OP
OP
Dark Knight

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New OT is up with the most popular title choice :)
www.resetera.com

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers |OT2| The Zodiark Killer

Ala Mhigo is at last free from imperial rule, but that liberty may prove fleeting as the Empire moves to both reclaim this bloodied nation and subjugate all of Eorzea. In their hour of need, however, they cannot turn to the Warrior of Light. Nor to the Scions, who yet slumber, their souls...

scy

Oct 25, 2017
731184a5d5b8b50ed370a1b7fe63b3fb.jpg

TEA cleared this week. Holiday scheduling + relocations were massive memes but finally done so hooray. Glad we at least got to do it without Cactbot / Paisley Park / etc. handling all the mechanics for us.

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
MNK at 50 now. I've been enjoying the playstyle a lot, all the moves have such cool animations.
I hope I can keep up with everything though. Just got another positional I need to hit (Dragon Kick), and on top of the DoT and Twin Snakes buff, it feels like a lot to manage.
I usually get to play about an hour or so every day after work, and I worry that MNK is just too fast paced for my post-work brain lol.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Hey all! Been playing for years now, but haven't really posted in here. I play on Aether, so can't join the Era FC, but is there a FFXIV Era Discord server? Didn't see one mentioned in the OP, so apologies if I missed it.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Love how these Beast Tribe Quest finale always feature the same villain. Makes me wonder how they going to handle the ShB part because we didn't get Hildibrand yet.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.