• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
And 65! Getting there. To celebrate I spent nearly all my gold on a new outfit, I think I look super cute!

3fdElb8.jpg
you look like you're stuck on 1.0

edit: I don't want to across as mean, your character is cute, I meant the drab background

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I have a weird question. Has anyone else noticed a shoebill stalking them pretty much the whole shadowbringers expansion? I have noticed one in every telescope mission and even standing around during missions, you can interact with it while its just chilling during a few MSQ
In the last MSQ dungeon I got the minion of it and I was like "WTF why are even here".

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The music in the entire game is great tbh.

I'm so glad they added all of it to Spotify. It's more than I would've even guessed.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I gave Innocence Ex a try. After an hour and a half I only got to 25%. This shit is such a clusterfuck and exhausting to heal.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, why would dps north change anything? Wouldnt the boss just follow the tank who broke toward the south and change nothing?

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck my luck. I finally have the chance to roll for the landslide orchestrion roll, and i get a sub 10 roll. Fuck me, i think i'm developing carpal tunnel syndrome for the first time because of this raid.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Finished Titania, got my weapon and seven tomes, I'll do the rest with my FC tomorrow. Got a great clear party going and almost no mistakes.

Now time for Innocence, brrrrr

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How did we kill the big ads on Titania ex this evening with 88% on her cast timer and die to enrage with like 7% left. Feel like that enrage is really strict.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
How did we kill the big ads on Titania ex this evening with 88% on her cast timer and die to enrage with like 7% left. Feel like that enrage is really strict.
There isn't much correlation because you can do the add phase correctly and flub the actual Titania fight with lots of mistakes. Also people not stacking in the middle for Rune Frost or not prepping for the growth rune can severely tank dps output.

This is the DPS of a fight where we beat her with comfortable leeway (I think it was 1mn30 until enrage) and 4ppl died including me so it isn't that strict but if for example healers aren't dpsing for shit it can be a problem

sdfgsfgfgh31jyo.png

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
A friend revealing to me that on Titania EX it was better to just have everyone stack in the middle for frost rune was something else because the thought crossed my mind but I thought people would think me crazy for suggesting it since I only play healers and that makes our job slightly harder.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There isn't much correlation because you can do the add phase correctly and flub the actual Titania fight with lots of mistakes. Also people not stacking in the middle for Rune Frost or not prepping for the growth rune can severely tank dps output.

This is the DPS of a fight where we beat her with comfortable leeway (I think it was 1mn30 until enrage) and 4ppl died including me so it isn't that strict but if for example healers aren't dpsing for shit it can be a problem

sdfgsfgfgh31jyo.png
It took a good few runs before people took my suggestion to stack for the middle for frost rune. As even with it, the pummels from Puck were no big deal.

I have a sneaking suspicion a couple of the DPS just weren't on their game.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
I actually love deserts in Final Fantasy more than snowy climes, and it's clear the SB Area designers could cut loose with all the trappings and little bits in these zones. Coerthas Western Highlands felt empty.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017

Probably too many were blowing cd's there when they don't have to.

More often than not it's more beneficial to hold cd's there for a "reopener" when she is targetable again.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Well..I got Eden minion yesterday but the Force Your War Orchestration Roll has only dropped once in my 6 runs so far. Hopefully it drops again soon and I can win it.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Man the music in Gyr Albania is just awesome
Any time I have a reason to go back to The Azim Steppe, I'm happy. I'm glad I figured out it would be a good idea to turn off mount music early into Stormblood.

Well..I got Eden minion yesterday but the Force Your War Orchestration Roll has only dropped once in my 6 runs so far. Hopefully it drops again soon and I can win it.
If anyone deserves it, it's you.

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
Situation: I managed to snag the free Heavensward a few weeks ago, but my wife missed out. We both resubbed and want to play together, but we have to buy her Shadowbringers so we can go through Heavensward together. Money is a thing, so I'm thinking of holding off on buying myself Shadowbringers until we actually get through Heavensward (it may take us awhile, it may go on sale, we may get sick of the game before finishing Heavensward, etc.)

Is there any content I'll miss out on in the process of going through Heavensward if I don't own Stormblood and Shadowbringers? Or is content for those expansions basically just the main story stuff that you would go on to afterwards? Basically just wondering because if there's fun stuff we can do together that she'll have access to herself otherwise then I might consider just getting myself Shadowbringers now as well.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Situation: I managed to snag the free Heavensward a few weeks ago, but my wife missed out. We both resubbed and want to play together, but we have to buy her Shadowbringers so we can go through Heavensward together. Money is a thing, so I'm thinking of holding off on buying myself Shadowbringers until we actually get through Heavensward (it may take us awhile, it may go on sale, we may get sick of the game before finishing Heavensward, etc.)

Is there any content I'll miss out on in the process of going through Heavensward if I don't own Stormblood and Shadowbringers? Or is content for those expansions basically just the main story stuff that you would go on to afterwards? Basically just wondering because if there's fun stuff we can do together that she'll have access to herself otherwise then I might consider just getting myself Shadowbringers now as well.

You won't miss out on any content together until she gets past HW and into Stormsblood and beyond. That said if you hit 60 you will stop gaining xp until you own shadowbringers and thus Stormsblood. Having the expac unlocked means you can continue to level a job past the cap and set you high on the xp curve reducing the chance of needing to run a dungeon more than once, etc. Entering an expac even 2 levels above, as post launch msq tend to get you, is something you'll appreciate. Luckily that's one thing that only effects you at the end and you will know it's coming and by then know if you want to invest further into the game

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Resubbed. Now to remember how to play this game.

I'm somewhere in the mid 30's level wise. Rolling with a main profession of Scholar / Summoner. Will play for the next month then quit due to some vacation plans. I have a spare 60 day card I might use in the fall though.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Just took Gunbreaker for a spin..... really cool animations. I think i'll level it next. Tanking is definitely much easier than before.

Oct 26, 2017
I need to stop counting how many A Realm Reborn quests I have left, but this stuff is so. Damn. Boring. 43 quests to go!

Anyone have an opinion on what the most fun class is? Black mage bored the crap out of me. I am a Nina now at level 39, and I'm enjoying it more. But...I still feel like I need to kick it up a notch.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I really want New Game + for FFXIV...I just want to revisit the story, the world, the characters. Ysayle, Haurchefant, Thancred's character development, Moenbryda. It all feels so far away for me now.

I can't believe I've been following this story for six years and it still makes me emotional. Shadowbringers felt like that release, that emotional conclusion out of six years of build up. That will always stay with me

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Party member: "Hey DNA's character, please LB this pull"
Me : the fuck is an LB and panicking cause ps4 typing is slow

Well now I know LB stands for Limit Break lmao.

banshee150

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
I resubbed for a month, finished stormblood (which was okaish), got to Shadowbringers and I am really bored to death not because the story itself is bad or anything (I know everyone is singing dithyrambs to the story but I just left Crystareum) but because I am just tired of the general framework of how it works. Go here, do padding until the story moment, rinse and repeat. And while some of the environments look great, I am tired of looking at the same wooden animations, the same general mission design and the same cast that I honestly don't give a shit about (yes, I have been following the story without skipping since ARR). And I am also tired of the vertical gear progression, the endless grind of the roulette for the tomes, dps checks and the rest of this crap.

I must be an anomaly, but I don't feel the purchase of the last expansion was worth it (I pretty much finished Stormblood nearly 2 years after I bought it back when it first came out) so maybe I will go back when the next expansion comes out in the next 2 years and finish Shadowbringers? We will see. I have as much motivation to continue playing it as I do about going to work every weekday - that is to say, none. And then the price of the entry-sub is still 17 canadian dollars which to me is pushing it way above the value it offers for me.

Or maybe I am just done with the MMORPG genre permanently.

Last edited:

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
I resubbed for a month, finished stormblood (which was okaish), got to Shadowbringers and I am really bored to death not because the story itself is bad or anything but because I am just tired of the general framework of how it works. Go here, do padding until the story moment, rinse and repeat. And while some of the environments look great, I am tired of looking at the same wooden animations, the same general mission design and the same cast that I honestly don't give a shit about (yes, I have been following the story without skipping since ARR). And I am also tired of the vertical gear progression, the endless grind of the roulette for the tomes, dps checks and the rest of this crap.

I must be an anomaly, but I don't feel the purchase of the last expansion was worth it (I pretty much finished Stormblood nearly 2 years after I bought it back when it first came out) so maybe I will go back when the next expansion comes out in the next 2 years and finish Shadowbringers? We will see. I have as much motivation to continue playing it as I do about going to work every weekday - that is to say, none. And then the price of the entry-sub is still 17 canadian dollars which to me is pushing it way above the value it offers for me.

Sounds like it's not for you any more honestly

Oct 26, 2017
I resubbed for a month, finished stormblood (which was okaish), got to Shadowbringers and I am really bored to death not because the story itself is bad or anything but because I am just tired of the general framework of how it works. Go here, do padding until the story moment, rinse and repeat. And while some of the environments look great, I am tired of looking at the same wooden animations, the same general mission design and the same cast that I honestly don't give a shit about (yes, I have been following the story without skipping since ARR). And I am also tired of the vertical gear progression, the endless grind of the roulette for the tomes, dps checks and the rest of this crap.

I've really been pushing myself to be positive and have a great time, which is why I asked above for a really fun class to play, because I'm tired of the same things. The general framework of this game and it's quests. The animations look pretty, but feel...weak? Just...I don't know. I think I let myself get sucked into hype of newest expansion, and for 3rd time in this game's life now, I've re-subbed. And feeling like it wasn't a great idea. And like most MMOs now-a-days, I feel like I'm playing alongside people, but...not really playing with anyone.

I'm going to at least push myself to finish A Realm Reborn and see how I feel by the end.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
I think part of it is a love for FF plus the MMO combat.

For myself, I'm constantly enjoying tanking in dungeons, and learning encounters, as well as putting the pieces of my class together as I'm leveling.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

I must be an anomaly, but I don't feel the purchase of the last expansion was worth it (I pretty much finished Stormblood nearly 2 years after I bought it back when it first came out) so maybe I will go back when the next expansion comes out in the next 2 years and finish Shadowbringers? We will see.

Or maybe I am just dont with the MMORPG genre permanently.

It sounds like it.

No game in existence can have uniquely choreographed animations or mocap for how much dialog and story these campaigns have so that's not something that will ever get better in 6.0. Either you can appreciate the story underneath it's mmo trappings that have to support a dozen types of players sexes/races or you can't and move on.

That framework is the foundation of how they release an expac every 2 years and it's subsequent patches in such a regular schedule.

Not even the most expensive games ever made, like RDR2 can manage more than 5 or so hours of actually unique cutscenes and leave the majority of stuff to basic voice overs when traveling. An mmo doesn't suit that playstyle so they have to resort to their usual pan/cuts/emotes during regular dialog.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I need to stop counting how many A Realm Reborn quests I have left, but this stuff is so. Damn. Boring. 43 quests to go!

Anyone have an opinion on what the most fun class is? Black mage bored the crap out of me. I am a Nina now at level 39, and I'm enjoying it more. But...I still feel like I need to kick it up a notch.
Looking back Black Mage was boring back then but it's gets much better at 60 on up.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Honestly one of the fun parts of the story is figuring out exactly when the WoL is going to nod or slam fists together or etc. I can predict it to a T

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so on the edge of getting this, but would be starting from scratch and I don't know how to juggle between this and Destiny.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Is it okay if the job is hard? Because I think current Ninja is easily the most fun DPS job the game has ever had (in my experience at least), but it demands a lot from you most other jobs won't

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Apparently Machinist is the DPS job that is the most involving at 50 and doesn't feel especially neutered

Status
Not open for further replies.