• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Finally made it to Ishgard last night. Man the story kicked up towards the end but what a slog lol. Can't wait to see what's in store with HS. I think I kinda over-leveled though, I got my NIN to 55.

Would it be better to get another Job to 50 and do the HS content that way? Wouldn't mind getting my BLM up or trying DRK.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Finally made it to Ishgard last night. Man the story kicked up towards the end but what a slog lol. Can't wait to see what's in store with HS. I think I kinda over-leveled though, I got my NIN to 55.

Would it be better to get another Job to 50 and do the HS content that way? Wouldn't mind getting my BLM up or trying DRK.

It's nice being over-leveled so you don't have to worry about meeting the dungeon/trial level requirements. I'm 74 and I'm still in the middle of Stormblood.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I love all the story in these raids but I hate how almost none of them have VA. Like this stuff with Omega would be great to here people speak with.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
My static disbanded yesterday. People just can't stop dying and we can't even make it to E2S enrage... What a waste of time :( Super sad though because everyone were pretty cool when it comes to stuff outside raiding.

Which job / role is easiest to pug with?

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Uck, ran into the worst-behaved person I've ever met in FFXIV. Trashed me to the point of upset for not playing pitch-perfect, and their same-surnamed Healer counterpart didn't speak a word, use any Raises on me, and silently kicked me from the dungeon. Wouldn't surprise me if they were botting tbh. "Mentor of Mentors" my ass.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
1. Thancred never lost his eye aparantly. It's just him being emo.

2. She sees aether, so like, paint and ink give off different aether because of the stuff they are made of. The sky doesn't have aether (because the sky is just space/light hitting stuff which she can't see) and the stars are too far away to detect the aether of.

3. If ShB didn't happen to us (as in none of this going to the first) then we would die to black rose and shit would hit the fan.
So what would happen without shb (G'raha's time line) is we die, world goes to shit and hundreds of eyars later he's woken up by the future Garlond Steelworks (lead by a descendant of Biggs) and they all work together using all the kknowledge from the raids (omega, Alex, Crystal Tower) to turn the tower into a TARDIS.
G'raha then jumps to the source to stop bad stuff from happening but ends up being waaaaay early (which is good because it takes him a long time to work on his aim and technique in grabbing people).

So this G'raha is our G'raha, from CT, the one who slept, just from our future (a future that has been prevented). Which is why we know him (if you were good and did the CT raids) and he knows us.

4. The Source and it's shards opperate on different time scales BUT coincidentally the Source and the First are synced up for the time being (ie from now on until FFXIV goes down). The rest of the scions weren't as luck as they have been there multiple years in the weeks/days they've been gone from the source but when we get to the first time is 1:1.

5. Dwarves are Lalas. Lalas are Dwarves. Just like Galjent or whatever are Miqote.

I wonder if the dialogue changes if you do the CT raid after ShB.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
First time I've done a non-RMT report, GM got back to me in about an hour and will look into it for me (on both counts, the toxicity and what looked like botting). Feeling better about things. Fishing helps.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
First time I've done a non-RMT report, GM got back to me in about an hour and will look into it for me (on both counts, the toxicity and what looked like botting). Feeling better about things. Fishing helps.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you, please keep us updated! I really hope there will be repercussions for the person(s). FFXIV has such a welcoming and friendly community for the large part that we shouldn't allow this behavior to foster, it's good that you reported them.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you, please keep us updated! I really hope there will be repercussions for the person(s). FFXIV has such a welcoming and friendly community for the large part that we shouldn't allow this behavior to foster, it's good that you reported them.
Not expecting a reply on outcomes, but it felt pretty clearcut in both instances that this was an arsehole and their pet Scholar. Definitely the worst experience I've had with somebody.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Ah okay so GMs don't give you any feedback on this but understandable in an MMO somewhat I guess. I haven't had the need to report anybody yet and am only used to League of Legends where you get a small pop-up that notifies you if an action was actually taken, you just won't know what exactly was done. But yeah I can imagine, let's hope it has an effect on them.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
The bad experiences really end up bothering me in XIV. Which I guess is a good sign in a way, since the reason it bothers me more than it would in another game is because XIV has the best community I've dealt with.

Hopefully action is taken against the person you reported!

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
Quick noob question, I just got to lvl 52 with Bard first time getting a job to 50 and I know all the skills very well. Just picked up a second job for the first time with Red Mage and its overwhelming with all the skills you have immediately...I just wanted to know if i'm supposed to have Veraero and Verthunder equipped when I also have the second versions.

Kronotech

Oct 28, 2017
Quick noob question, I just got to lvl 52 with Bard first time getting a job to 50 and I know all the skills very well. Just picked up a second job for the first time with Red Mage and its overwhelming with all the skills you have immediately...I just wanted to know if i'm supposed to have Veraero and Verthunder equipped when I also have the second versions.
Yes. Veraero2 and Verthunder2 are the aoe versions so you'll want both versions.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California

Yup. Regular veraero/thunder are strong single target spells with long cast times while the II versions are fast casting area of effect spells. Red mage's rotation gimmick revolves around Dual Cast letting you cast every other spell at instant speed. So you generally want to go short cast time spell to trigger dual cast, then long cast time spell that is now instant. So jolt into veraero/verthunder, or for aoe situations veraero/thunder II into scatter.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So does everyone here have stupid names for their job class equipment presets like me? My friend threw a fit when she was my AST preset is named Card Sagan.

Oct 26, 2017
I really wish there was a way to cough up money and level up to 50. Leveling up to 70 ruins all the fun, but I'm level 42, wanting to switch my class, but not wanting to have to completely restart in order to reach HW content.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully another week of gear and some i460 weapons helps out with the DPS checks.

I would start by watching a guide on some of the mechanics in the first fight so you have an idea what what you'll need to do to survive up until the adds show up. Preferrably its good to have an idea of all the mechanics in case your group can make it past there.

Initially join a phase 1 learning party. And then based off that look at what you need from there.

Also if you're on PC look into a program called Advanced Combat Tracker. Even if you don't want to use add ons like Cactbot (Equivalent to WoW's Deadly Boss Mods) its a good way to see how well you're performing DPS wise and from there you can upload logs to fflogs.com to analyze them even deeper and see how you compare with the rest of the playerbase.

Savage has DPS checks that require a decent amount of job performance. And since the raid tier is fresh there aren't many i460, 470, or 475 pieces around there to really carry DPS especially on the earlier fights.

Edit: I recommend searching your own name on fflogs right now. Chances are someone has probably already uploaded logs that included you on them so you can see how you're performing now. You should be aiming for 50-75 percentile DPS in i450 gear.

Is this what people use?

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Just got RDM to 60. One more down. I just need to get AST, MCH, SCH, and SMN there before 5.1.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
LTTP but I just found out you can randomly spot Alpha all over Eorzea on his little adventure.
What a cute, wholesome easter egg.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Best friend is running into a issue that has been happening since the last hotfix patch. He keeps getting disconnected (90002) and today has been its worst, doing so about every 2 to 10 minutes, sometimes instantly as he loads in. it cant be his connection/router cause ive been logged in all day at his house, both PC's are wired. We have been googleling all day and every single "fix" seems to have been met with failure. Its frustrating cause he is so close to beating SHB.....we dont dare enter the dungeon cause it will just boot him constanty for whatever reason. Not exagerating, he has been kicked out 40 times or more, while I have not been kicked once, this has been happening for the past 5 hours.

Like, it makes absolutely no sense that its only happening to him and not me.....he made it all the way to Drawf town with no issues until now.

Anyone else been having this problem or know of a possible fix? Right now we are trying the VPN method to see if that could fix it.

EDIT: No good on the VPN method.....

Oct 26, 2017
Hey so trying to level up my Goldsmith and get into crafting at least with this one class for now. Trying to HQ BombFish needle's but it's not working out with my limited af knowledge, any tips, resources or macros that I can read up on.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
3 weeks and I only come out with deepshadow coating, honestly for the hardest content in the game (aside from Ultimate) the rewards system is very unsatisfying.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't get e1s loot this time so nothing's changed for me as I'm saving tomes this week for chest piece next week.

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
Yup. Regular veraero/thunder are strong single target spells with long cast times while the II versions are fast casting area of effect spells. Red mage's rotation gimmick revolves around Dual Cast letting you cast every other spell at instant speed. So you generally want to go short cast time spell to trigger dual cast, then long cast time spell that is now instant. So jolt into veraero/verthunder, or for aoe situations veraero/thunder II into scatter.
Yes. Veraero2 and Verthunder2 are the aoe versions so you'll want both versions.

Cool thanks guys.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
My static disbanded yesterday. People just can't stop dying and we can't even make it to E2S enrage... What a waste of time :( Super sad though because everyone were pretty cool when it comes to stuff outside raiding.

Which job / role is easiest to pug with?

Similar thing here. Static hit a wall in E2S and things fell apart. I did some pugging and I'm already checking out a couple of statics to roll with.

Easiest to get into groups would probably be as a WHM/SCH. Easiest to play would be a tank probably.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
yeah e2s is a decently difficult wall
the pretty high dps requirement (high for pugs standard at least) to clear is what makes it hard

Silav101

Oct 26, 2017

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Alternate fast and slow casts so the slow casts are instant with dualcast. For singletarget this means Jolt/Verstone/Verfire into Veraero/Verthunder. For AoE it's the reverse, Veraero II/Verthunder II into Scatter/Impact. Keep balancing the gauge until you have enough to execute your melee combo.

For jobs that start at at a high level I find it helps to try them in PotD where you start at level 1. Can even go solo if you want time to rearrange your hotbars as lower PotD floor are pretty easy.

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017
After a devastating 0.1% E2S enrage, the pug I was with went in for another lockout and finally killed the bastard.

I don't remember the dps checks for Omega being this rough...

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I finally tried another job yesterday and chose DRK because I heard the job quests are really good. But man does it feel WEIRD to play anything else other than BRD. Not to mention I'm afraid of tanking, don't like being a big point of failure for a team if I suck.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I finally tried another job yesterday and chose DRK because I heard the job quests are really good. But man does it feel WEIRD to play anything else other than BRD. Not to mention I'm afraid of tanking, don't like being a big point of failure for a team if I suck.
You'll get over it. Tank is actually pretty simple once you get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.