• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I know people have mentioned them before, but do people actually run the Crystal Tower Raids in dungeon finder? I read online that Coils of Bahamut are not usually run via dungeon finder because they are difficult when synced, so I was just wondering if that also applied to the Crystal Tower. I'd love to do both of them but I don't want to sit in a queue for hours for something that might not happen.
The reason Coil of Bahamut isn't done via Duty Finder, is it is the only raid not available via duty roulette due to its difficulty. While Second Coil does have a Savage difficulty, even the normal difficulty synced is far beyond what players would be willing to do at random.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I am in lvl.50 hell.

So I've completed the ARR questline and now I'm just stuck in a sea of lvl50 quests that only give me 4800 exp each.
How fricken' long does this last and when the hell does Heavensward start? 😫

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I am in lvl.50 hell.

So I've completed the ARR questline and now I'm just stuck in a sea of lvl50 quests that only give me 4800 exp each.
How fricken' long does this last and when the hell does Heavensward start? 😫
There are 100 of those quests.
What's the name of the quest that you're currently on, I'll be able to look up how far you are through it (or you can look it up yourself if you're not the type to mind spoilers)

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
There are 100 of those quests.
What's the name of the quest that you're currently on, I'll be able to look up how far you are through it (or you can look it up yourself if you're not the type to mind spoilers)

Recruiting the Realm.

Don't get me wrong, there have been some good stories thrown in here, but yeah... I just didn't know if I was doing something wrong, as every main scenario quest keeps giving the same experience and stays at lv. 50.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Recruiting the Realm.

Don't get me wrong, there have been some good stories thrown in here, but yeah... I just didn't know if I was doing something wrong, as every main scenario quest keeps giving the same experience and stays at lv. 50.
That's the 54th quest out of the 100 between ARR and HW.

These quests were added as patches to ARR. That's why they're all at level 50 (ARR cap) and why they give very little XP (they originally gave no XP, because players doing them originally when they came out were already at cap, they went back and changed them to basically give you enough XP for 50 -> 51)

The good news is that you're past the bad stuff. Patches 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 are generally considered to be bad for feeling very fillery. You're 3 quests away from the end of 2.3. The MSQs of patches 2.4, 2.5, and 2.55 and generally considered good, and are for all intents and purposes basically a Heavensward prologue.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
welcome to hell, enjoy your stay. Watch something on the side or explore new music. It's the lowest tier of content.

These quests were added as patches to ARR. That's why they're all at level 50 (ARR cap) and why they give very little XP (they originally gave no XP, because players doing them originally when they came out were already at cap, they went back and changed them to basically give you enough XP for 50 -> 51)

The good news is that you're past the bad stuff. Patches 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 are generally considered to be bad for feeling very fillery. You're 3 quests away from the end of 2.3. The MSQs of patches 2.4, 2.5, and 2.55 and generally considered good, and are for all intents and purposes basically a Heavensward prologue.

Thanks for the responses and details.
Onward I go!

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I just had a miserable time healing Stone Vigil. It took 45 minutes to get through the dungeon. I'll be glad when I finally get AST to 60 so I never have to heal ever again.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Recruiting the Realm.

One thing that helped me get through that batch of quests is to do the little side quests that unlock all the extra Hard Mode dungeons and extreme primals/Crystal Tower Raid. I didn't do any of the extreme primals, but the reworked dungeons are pretty nice and a few of them have good little side stories attached to them. By the time I was done, I was 54 with my main job, which, so far, means that I've never been gated by level to story progression in Heavansward. So, something to consider if you want to do something on the side to keep the monotony down. Totally understand if you don't though, since that does add some playtime.

Thanks for the advice on the Crystal Tower, all who responded a few pages back. I'll try to jump in sometime soon. I want to do the Bahamut stuff too, but not if it's a pain to get a group going. =)

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
It's going to take forever to get all the zones to Rank 3 for Shared Fates. I really hope they don't increase the max level for them in 5.x.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
I beat the Heavensward main quest today. Definitely felt much better all around. Enjoyed my time with it throughout.

Wanted to take a break before moving to Stormblood, but of course there are more quests again before I'm allowed to move on. Bah.

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I beat the Heavensward main quest today. Definitely felt much better all around. Enjoyed my time with it throughout.

Wanted to take a break before moving to Stormblood, but of course there are more quests again before I'm allowed to move on. Bah.
The heavensward quests after the main story are better than the main game unlike ARR. And the savage bosses....WHEW.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

As said, Heavensward patch content is arguably better than the main 3.0 line.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
stupid question but I've having trouble finding exact answers online. I am trying to complete the level 45 warrior quest, Looking The Part. I had to collect 3 pieces of armor. Problem- I have lots of pieces of armor and I have no idea what I just collected. Anyone know what I need to equip to complete the quest?

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Got a chance to do some of the ARR 2.0 final msq before moving on to the 2.1 and above ARR stuff. Folks in these dungeons massacred all the bosses, don't know how as they level 50 the same as me. They also rushed through the dungeons so I didn't get a chance to take my time and explore them. Half the time I had no idea da fuck was going on, lol.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
stupid question but I've having trouble finding exact answers online. I am trying to complete the level 45 warrior quest, Looking The Part. I had to collect 3 pieces of armor. Problem- I have lots of pieces of armor and I have no idea what I just collected. Anyone know what I need to equip to complete the quest?
Looks like Fighter's Breeches, Fighter's Gauntlets, Fighter's Jackboots, and then later Fighter's Burgeonet?

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Should be level 45 gear called Warrior's blah. Think it's legs, feet, and gloves or helm.

scy

Oct 25, 2017
1-50 is pretty bad. 50-60 is the worst. 60-70 is easy mode. And 70-80 is still basically easy mode.

As far as crafters and their class quests go.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Man this is weird, I pretty much haven't been able to queue into random dungeons outside duty finder. I'm not sure if something is up or just not working but the last two weeks while leveling dark knight, if I try to just pick a dungeon it just seems to go on for a long ass time. It drives it up with 5 - 8 -10-12-15 and then I usually cut it and just go to a Deep Dungeon.

I can get a full 10 floor run in the time it seems to be taking for a dungoen to pop.

Oct 25, 2017

Hoo boy. I'm L56 PLD and I'm catching up on the ARR quests (spent a lot of time leveling through Roulettes, POTD, and others events, as well as doing other classes/jobs.
Sounds like it's gonna take a while...

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Does anyone know what the Mad Bird Ring does? I won the Jumbo Cactpot tonight, and while I'm deciding what to spend this MGP on I'm trying to decipher this ring.

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's just a reward for winning the Jumbo Cactpot. It's a glamour that most players will never get.

Be the envy of your friends!

If they even see it.

Damn. Well alright!
source.gif

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I won a Mad Bird Ring the second or third time I ever played Jumbo Cactpot. I used up all the luck I'll ever have in this game.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
MIN and BTN 80 now, FSH is 76 and that will be my next project. Then I'll grind out leves to get all my crafters to 80, they're 74-76 right now.

In the meantime also working on this Garo grind.

Edit: Oh yeah and I finished Sandungs Lux
PJws7ks.jpg

Last edited:

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Is it true that different servers have different housing prices?
I remember something like that, looks like it was changed years ago though.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com

Additional Plots and Purchasing Guide | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

A guide for housing in FINAL FANTASY XIV that details plots of land and their purchase requirements.

Naru

May 11, 2019
A friend just got back into the game and finished the ARR story (level 52ish now). There is basically no good way to play together. It's not like WoW where you can team up and quest / kill mobs together. Instead I would just run from MSQ to MSQ and wait outside. Even a new character wouldn't work well since you do all the MSQ stuff by yourself. It's really one of the few downsides this game has. I team up with him for dungeons since he is DPS and I am healer so the queues pop quite a bit faster for him that way.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Random whine:

Why in the world didn't Square use the Costa Del Sol theme from VII?
I reaaaaaally dislike the music at Costa Del Sol in XIV, to the point where I mute it whenever I have to go there. Arghh!

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017
Finally downed E4S last night! DPS check was super tight but we had one death, I swear one second late we would've wiped on 0.1%lol.

Remember when they didn't implement the decimals between 0 and 1%, and the last 1% felt like forever? That last 0.1% felt like the boss secretly cast stoneskin or something.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been working on taking screenshots, hope you guys like my highlander!

g9Odg0.jpg

64H6CS.png

Status
Not open for further replies.