• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished 2.0 ARR. Feels like an actual accomplishment, lol. I'm a bit through 2.1 and working my way through it. It's not bad, just more of the same type of quests and story as 2.0 so far.

Is there a point in 2.1-2.5 that things start picking up leading into Heavensward?

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Static is slowly dying with people leaving cause they're bored and don't wanna pay just for a few evening of raiding. I usually play for a month after an expansion drops and come back before the next one, but this time I wanted to raid again (Coil kept me interested for the whole life of ARR).

This game is so frustrating. I like the gameplay, love the setting/lore, story, etc. Buuut it really lacks content. There's so many classes you can level up before being bored of the endless same routine.

I bought the 2 months offer with the fantasia, so I'll stay until 5.1, but I know this won't bring much things to do. At least the Nier raid should be fun. Curious about the new pvp map too.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Finally downed E4S last night! DPS check was super tight but we had one death, I swear one second late we would've wiped on 0.1%lol.

Remember when they didn't implement the decimals between 0 and 1%, and the last 1% felt like forever? That last 0.1% felt like the boss secretly cast stoneskin or something.
My group finally cleared last night too lol. The screen was pitch black cuz of the enrage. Thankfully we got lucky

Naru

May 11, 2019
Static is slowly dying with people leaving cause they're bored and don't wanna pay just for a few evening of raiding. I usually play for a month after an expansion drops and come back before the next one, but this time I wanted to raid again (Coil kept me interested for the whole life of ARR).

This game is so frustrating. I like the gameplay, love the setting/lore, story, etc. Buuut it really lacks content. There's so many classes you can level up before being bored of the endless same routine.

I bought the 2 months offer with the fantasia, so I'll stay until 5.1, but I know this won't bring much things to do. At least the Nier raid should be fun. Curious about the new pvp map too.
I am in the same boat. The game lacks content that requires you to be max level. Like I am 80 and I want to play my favorite class but there is only so much you can do at max level and grinding the same roulettes over and over gets old pretty fast (it already has for me long ago since it's the same stuff for years except for the expert ones).

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I think about playing another game or try to play another one, I just kind of immediately stop and think "I'd rather be playing FFXIV right now." I'm sure the luster will wear off eventually but it's got me so good right now. I'm hoping Monster Hunter will break me away for a bit.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm almost finished with Shadowbringers (lvl 79 MSQs) after starting ARR almost 2 and a half months ago.

Here are some thoughts, and rankings:
  1. Stormblood was very well written and had a mature story and the best cast of characters so far, I enjoyed every moment and I cared a lot for the characters and their homelands.
  2. Heavensward was second best with an emotional story and it had two of the best character arcs in the game.
  3. Shadowbringers is just okay, yeah it introduces a lot of new ideas and themes but it does them in a very formulaic and predictable way, and everything just feels so far removed from everything we did in the past that I just can't find it all that interesting.
  4. ARR, I can barely even remember this one.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I hope 5.1 comes out in early October. I've got surgery eight weeks from today. I would like to get a run or two of the first Yorha raid in before then. Won't be able to for a while.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm almost finished with Shadowbringers (lvl 79 MSQs) after starting ARR almost 2 and a half months ago.

1. Stormblood was very well written and had a mature story and the best cast of characters so far, I enjoyed every moment and I cared a lot for the characters and their homelands.
  2. Heavensward was second best with an emotional story and it had two of the best character arcs in the game.
  3. Shadowbringers is just okay, yeah it introduces a lot of new ideas and themes but it does them in a very formulaic and predictable way, and everything just feels so far removed from everything we did in the past that I just can't find it all that interesting.
You should really finish first lol.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017

You should do the last zone.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to level today doing fates and side quests in Azim Steppe cause Heaven on High wears you down. The one Fate where you are just milking sheep is hilarious and the random side quests where you run a market stall was great too. I wonder how many things like that I have missed.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone that is single that is still looking to do the marriage while it's on discount please let me know. T_T

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
I would consider marriage but if its with a miqote or midlander I would have to politely yet firmly decline.

Viera I would need to think about.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
If anyone that is single that is still looking to do the marriage while it's on discount please let me know. T_T

I'm interested but I think they still require both parties to be on the same home server? If you happen to be on the Turtle server on Aether feel free to send me a PM. If you already found someone then no worries.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Just finished DRK 80 job quest, what a closure. DRK job quest is really the best.

That journal trick is very neat.

LXVbsFT.jpg

Last edited:

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
hello! unusual question today - i have a copy of Heavensward on PS4 that has been used, installed etc. Would that be resellable at all? What's the buyer going to get - the full thing, account privileges to access Heavensward and all, or are they just getting a disk of (now out of date) data?

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
So I just started playing this game recently. I'm now a lvl42 Archer-Bard. I have some questions:

• Anyway I can opt out from being a Bard and choose another sub-class? It seems like I am missing something. I just suddenly grabbed a quest at one point that shifted my build into being a Bard and while the temporary buffs are nice, I'd rather be something else. How does it work? At some point, the game was talking about a second sub-class. Did I read this correctly or I'm just confused?
  • I just beat Titan. I think it's my 4th crystal. How far am I from beating ARR? It's not all that bad so far. Seems like your typical MMO fetch/kill quests are most of what the game has to offer, but I'm used to this due to many years of playing WoW.
Gotta, say, I really enjoy the dungeons / trials so far. I like how they are made. The artistic designs in this game are really something.

Edit: Okay, so I've just read about this and it seems that the Bard Job is the natural evolution of being an Archer. It's alright, I'll deal with this. I may decide to switch to another job at some point but for now I'm don't mind all that much really. I just hope that the new skills I'll obtain are not entirely ballads and nothing more. I want more direct DPS skills.

Last edited:

angolo

Oct 28, 2017
Padova
hi guys,
I'm trying to level samurai as fast as possible, I'm in the middle of heavensward expansion.
Do you have any tips I can use ? I'v always played as a TANK so never had any issue with duty queues, but here with a DPS waiting times are a little bit annoying, so I'm wandering if there is some other way to move on faster with the leveling...

Oct 27, 2017
hi guys,
I'm trying to level samurai as fast as possible, I'm in the middle of heavensward expansion.
Do you have any tips I can use ? I'v always played as a TANK so never had any issue with duty queues, but here with a DPS waiting times are a little bit annoying, so I'm wandering if there is some other way to move on faster with the leveling...

Do your daily Leveling, Alliance Raid, and Main Scenario Roulettes for a ton of XP. The main scenario one takes awhile and is really boring, but you get a lot of XP for it. Also I do the Trial roulette. It rewards a decent amount of XP for the time it generally requires to complete. Doing those 4 alone should get you at least a level a day.

edit: Although the queue for the Leveling and Main Scenario Roulettes seems to have gotten longer recently, they're still worth doing. The Alliance Raid and Trial Roulettes have generally been under 5 minutes for me as a DPS.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
hi guys,
Fates while in queue and working on your MSQ. Make friends with a tank or healer for faster queue times. Leve Quests were another way to level but I haven't used one of those for a DoW/DoM in forever. I usually save them for Crafting/Gathering.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
So I just started playing this game recently. I'm now a lvl42 Archer-Bard. I have some questions:

• Anyway I can opt out from being a Bard and choose another sub-class? It seems like I am missing something. I just suddenly grabbed a quest at one point that shifted my build into being a Bard and while the temporary buffs are nice, I'd rather be something else. How does it work? At some point, the game was talking about a second sub-class. Did I read this correctly or I'm just confused?
  • I just beat Titan. I think it's my 4th crystal. How far am I from beating ARR? It's not all that bad so far. Seems like your typical MMO fetch/kill quests are most of what the game has to offer, but I'm used to this due to many years of playing WoW.
Gotta, say, I really enjoy the dungeons / trials so far. I like how they are made. The artistic designs in this game are really something.
They scrapped the whole one class leading to different jobs pretty early on after launching the game, too hard to balance different type of jobs around a shared class. The only class that plays like this is Arcanist which can be a Summoner (dps) or a Scholar (healer). As for the second sub-class thing, it might refer to the depreciated job system. You had to lv 2 classes to get a job stone until a few years ago, for Bard I think it was lv 30 Archer + lv 15 Pugilist. All of that is gone now though.

If Bard isn't doing it for you, you can switch to any other class but you'll need to relevel them to your current lv to continue the main story. You'll get an xp buff though till your lv matches your current highest class (Archer/Bard) and you can skip some of the grind if you've bought the expansions and finish the base game story. Machinist (DPS), Astrologian (Healer), and Dark Knight start at lv 30 but you'll need to finish the base game and the post patch content for the base game. Samurai (DPS) and Red Mage (DPS) start at 50 and require you to finish the base game while Dancer (DPS) and Gunbreaker (Tank) start at 60 and unlock after finishing the base game and reaching lv 60.

You're around quest 180 out of 246 in the base game. There's also 100 after that before you reach Heavensward.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
They scrapped the whole one class leading to different jobs pretty early on after launching the game, too hard to balance different type of jobs around a shared class. The only class that plays like this is Arcanist which can be a Summoner (dps) or a Scholar (healer). As for the second sub-class thing, it might refer to the depreciated job system. You had to lv 2 classes to get a job stone until a few years ago, for Bard I think it was lv 30 Archer + lv 15 Pugilist. All of that is gone now though.

If Bard isn't doing it for you, you can switch to any other class but you'll need to relevel them to your current lv to continue the main story. You'll get an xp buff though till your lv matches your current highest class (Archer/Bard) and you can skip some of the grind if you've bought the expansions and finish the base game story. Machinist (DPS), Astrologian (Healer), and Dark Knight start at lv 30 but you'll need to finish the base game and the post patch content for the base game. Samurai (DPS) and Red Mage (DPS) start at 50 and require you to finish the base game while Dancer (DPS) and Gunbreaker (Tank) start at 60 and unlock after finishing the base game and reaching lv 60.

You're around quest 180 out of 246 in the base game. There's also 100 after that before you reach Heavensward.

Wow, thanks a bunch for the quick reply! May I ask another question? Are you aware if the Bard job is decent later on? How much of a difference is there between the classes when it comes to DPS? I've seen that for now, the Black Mage job appears to have the best dmg output. How far behind is the Bard? I've read that for a while, the Bard had a nice dmg output while also providing many useful buffs for the party but now it seems that they kind of nerfed the usefulness of the class in favor of the Dancer, while they decided to provide better base dmg output to compensate.

Basically, should I keep leveling up the job until 80 or would switching to something else, like say a Black Mage or anything close be the most logical option?

It's not that I want to be the absolute best class that is possible via theorycrafting. I just want to be a class that has no problem being invited to groups and be useful to others. If I happen to be a force to be reckoned along the way then more power to me I guess.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
hi guys,
Palace of the Dead is your friend if youre leveling a dps class to 60. Queue times might suck during off peak hours if you havent unlocked floor 51 - 60 (the leveling sweet spot), but once you unlock that it should be pretty quick to get in.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com

Deep Dungeon - The Palace of the Dead | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

Deep Dungeon - The Palace of the Dead

Takes about 35 runs for a fresh 50 - 60 if you have another class already at 60. XP is a set amount based on your current lv, the PotD floor you've cleared, and Armory bonus so dont worry about clearing all the trash inside the floor for xp. Your goal is to clear 51 - 60 as quick as possible so you can get your xp and do it again.

pgsdxt5cdvzy.png

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, thanks a bunch for the quick reply! May I ask another question? Are you aware if the Bard job is decent later on? How much of a difference is there between the classes when it comes to DPS? I've seen that for now, the Black Mage job appears to have the best dmg output. How far behind is the Bard? I've read that for a while, the Bard had a nice dmg output while also providing many useful buffs for the party but now it seems that they kind of nerfed the usefulness of the class in favor of the Dancer, while they decided to provide better base dmg output to compensate.

Basically, should I keep leveling up the job until 80 or would switching to something else, like say a Black Mage or anything close be the most logical option?

It's not that I want to be the absolute best class that is possible via theorycrafting. I just want to be a class that has no problem being invited to groups and be useful to others. If I happen to be a force to be reckoned along the way then more power to me I guess.

If you like it, keep on playing it. The stuff with Black Mage or Monk doing the most damage is really only an issue for the really high end end game content. For regular stuff it doesn't matter much and people aren't going to care unless they're assholes, and then you probably don't want to play with them anyway.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

I wouldnt worry about that right now if youre enjoying the class. It'll only come up if you start doing Savage level raiding at end game and even then Bard isn't exactly in a bad spot right now cause the dancer buffs arent some major dps gain over what BRD/MCH can output. This could change by the time you hit endgame or it could very well stay the way it is right now.

xvwbHd6.jpg

6R7q6G1.jpg

As you can see BRD/MCH/DNC are all pretty even on raid dps (personal dps + party buffs) and BRD is the third most popular dps job beating both DNC and MCH. You really shouldn't have a problem joining a group with it as it is right now.

Naru

May 11, 2019
You get a ring that lets you teleport to each other every 30 minutes. very useful. If you do the paid one you also get better glamour, a 2 person mount, some pets for guests, etc.
Interesting. I just found the lodestone page. Is the $20.00 ($10.00 per person) already the sale price or is it over already?

Edit: Sorry, I have to click on it to see the sale price.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hi guys,

A mix of Palace of the Dead, Beast Daily Quest and dailies roulettes is your best (and least boring way) to do it. You can just spam PotD 51-60 floors and probably will be faster... But is repetitive..

If you have your GC Squadron leveled up you can do 53 and 57 dungeon with them. Takes 20 minutes each run and you can level up in 2 or 3 runs each with the armory bonus. I'm leveling several jobs from 50 and this is what I'm doing:

- 50 to 53: PotD + daily beast tribes quest + alliance raid (alliance raid is the fastest for dps by far)
- 53 to 55: running 53 dungeon with GC squad
- 55 to 57: PotD + daily beast tribes quest + alliance raid
- 57 to 59: running 57 dungeon with GC squad
- 59 to 60:... Whatever you want lol do PotD for the last stretch try to queue to some roulette.

Beast tribes is not that great exp for the time invested (much better than normal side quests though!). But you can queue for other stuff while doing it and you can mix things a little bit (also the stories are simple but some are cute with world building)

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the portions with Eulmore where some of the strongest, especially towards the ending.

Going from the assault on Eulmore to building the Talos was amazing. I absolutely loved seeing the world coming together and all the Scions using the connections they've built to get the world to come together and help stop Vauthry was fantastic. Felt really appropriate to see everyone doing what they could, and the player not having as big of a part in building it. It was like the game saying "you are not alone in this, we'll handle this and then you can go kick his ass." Actually beating his ass was great too.

Only weak part was anything related to Ranjit.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
I wouldnt worry about that right now if youre enjoying the class. It'll only come up if you start doing Savage level raiding at end game and even then Bard isn't exactly in a bad spot right now cause the dancer buffs arent some major dps gain over what BRD/MCH can output. This could change by the time you hit endgame or it could very well stay the way it is right now.

xvwbHd6.jpg

6R7q6G1.jpg

As you can see BRD/MCH/DNC are all pretty even on raid dps (personal dps + party buffs) and BRD is the third most popular dps job beating both DNC and MCH. You really shouldn't have a problem joining a group with it as it is right now.
Machinist is weird for a class that you need to press 2x more buttons than 95% of the classes in the game the damage is low

Sad to see RDM so low, it's my favorite class in the game. I think the class need some tweaks that I'm not sure we'll see until 6.0. For me the class needs faster resource generation, so I can use melee combo more often, AoE spell procs similar to Single Target, a DoT and an all around buff to potency. Obviously not asking top damage charts but for gap betwen top and bottom be tighter.

Kronotech

Oct 28, 2017
Seeing these are a constant reminder that I'm probably horrible at MNK. Been playing it since 1.0 and the current 5.05 iteration is great (aside from a few quirks). I was doing Trial DR the other day and we ended up with Kefka. Been a while but I was still going through my normal rotation and was a constant 5th in threat behind the two tanks, SAM (no prob), and the MCH. With no BLM, I should be near the top. I feel so ineffective sometimes.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Watching that snip-it video of the music for this expansion, I have to say that overall, this has to be the best soundtrack Soken has produced. It even goes far beyond what he did in Heavensward.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Machinist is weird for a class that you need to press 2x more buttons than 95% of the classes in the game the damage is low

Sad to see RDM so low, it's my favorite class in the game. I think the class need some tweaks that I'm not sure we'll see until 6.0. For me the class needs faster resource generation, so I can use melee combo more often, AoE spell procs similar to Single Target, a DoT and an all around buff to potency. Obviously not asking top damage charts but for gap betwen top and bottom be tighter.
MCH should be one of the top one. It's basically the ranged version of SAM and BLM. RDM damage suffers a lot from the ability of being able to spam res :(

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the level 70 DRK quest and my fucking god was that good. Weeks after finishing all the main story content this game is still telling stories that are blowing me away. Time to get to 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.