• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I think I might well leave the garo mounts on the table. Feast is a terrible mode of pvp. It only worked when you could communicate strategy with any level of depth. And as for being paired up with random strangers and expected to strategize with those canned communication buttons...it's broken. It's a shit mode with a carrot dangling at the end of the stick.
Get the medals!
Get the medals!
Nice job!
Nice job!
Nice job!
Nice job!
Nice job!
Nice job!

I'm pretty sure the only times I've played it since getting the Garo mounts a few months ago were all for WT

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
I wouldn't mind it if I had an actual team. I got 30/30 tonight, so I'm debating if I want to continue with FEAST or just play Frontlines until I get up to 60 for the mounts. (44/60).

If anybody is on the Primal datacenter and wants help completing matches I'm more than happy to jump in. I don't know if I'm good or not, but I figure 2 people coordinating is better than none. I'm playing ranged DPS.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I half wish more people cared about PvP, just so that there might be more people who actually try when they do their daily Frontline mission.

The event exacerbates it, of course, but it really is like herding cats most of the time. 🙃

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Went to Eorzea Cafe Osaka last night for some drinks, it's a cool little spot. Got a DRK coaster and a BLM magnet. Think there was a Japanese FC there having a group outing.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I half wish more people cared about PvP, just so that there might be more people who actually try when they do their daily Frontline mission.

The event exacerbates it, of course, but it really is like herding cats most of the time. 🙃

What irks me is that is clearly rocket science: stack together and zerg objectives, as long you have enough Healers and some OP jobs like NIN, you'll probably win or close to. Yeah, pre-made parties will have higher level of coordination, but for DF that should be enough to do well.

Well, you always see the same 2 or 3 dude going on their own as soon the match starts.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
GNB is fun but it kinda sucks having no AOE cartridge spender until 72
Every tank has weird aoe until they get into ShB levels, but GNB is basically the best, their don't get a spender sure but they get ressources and 2 combo aoe moves pretty early. PLD is the second least annoying, since they have their basic 2 hits melee combos and it gives ressources(at 66 but still plus arguably not a big deal since you don't have the aoe mp spender until ShB anyway but even when you get it, it's still kinda meh until you also get the trait even later). Meanwhile DRK has only one aoe move until 72(meaning they don't get ressources AND it's boring as shit), WAR don't get the ressource trait until 74 making the whole aoeing kinda meh since you can't use any rage move.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Finally finished the Shadowbringers storyline. Now I wish I could've saw the panel at PAX West in person lol but I'll watch the recording today probably.

I'm sort of lost now though, besides waiting for the new patch info. I'm realizing that just like my original worries about picking up an MMORPG again that I'm not really able to enjoy other games due to how much time I'd been pouring in to FFXIV. Garbage PC performance aside, I haven't had time to actually sink into borderlands 3, and haven't even been able to START Indivisible.

Regardless, Shadowbringers was a great ride. I even ended up doing the raid for the back story bits near the end and it was much more painless than I'd expected. One cool thing I noticed was that when I went back to re-watch a cutscene for dialogue changes, there was dialogue for not having started the raid quests, for having completed it, and for having only gotten part of the way through. That was a really pleasant surprise.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Finally finished the Shadowbringers storyline. Now I wish I could've saw the panel at PAX West in person lol but I'll watch the recording today probably.

I'm sort of lost now though, besides waiting for the new patch info. I'm realizing that just like my original worries about picking up an MMORPG again that I'm not really able to enjoy other games due to how much time I'd been pouring in to FFXIV. Garbage PC performance aside, I haven't had time to actually sink into borderlands 3, and haven't even been able to START Indivisible.

Regardless, Shadowbringers was a great ride. I even ended up doing the raid for the back story bits near the end and it was much more painless than I'd expected. One cool thing I noticed was that when I went back to re-watch a cutscene for dialogue changes, there was dialogue for not having started the raid quests, for having completed it, and for having only gotten part of the way through. That was a really pleasant surprise.
The best part about being caught up is that for every new patch you can do most/all the content in a week and then unsub/ play other games.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
Another newbie question if you all don't mind - I'm about to hit level 50 and only have base ARR. Should I go ahead and buy Shadowbringers now so I can keep leveling up past 50?

Or should I wait until I'm done with the ARR MSQ so that I don't trivialize the already easy quests?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Another newbie question if you all don't mind - I'm about to hit level 50 and only have base ARR. Should I go ahead and buy Shadowbringers now so I can keep leveling up past 50?

Or should I wait until I'm done with the ARR MSQ so that I don't trivialize the already easy quests?

There's a lot of quests, and they give exp. I would make sure you can take advantage of that. It won't really trivial8a anything, because you'll be capped when you go into dungeons. But, when you get to HW, you'll have a head start on leveling so you dont hit a level requirement wall.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017

You can do either. I would buy ShB and run all content at minimum ilvl if it's challenge you're looking for. Not sure if it can be checked with duty finder or if you need a premade though.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas

That's probably up to you. Nothing quest wise is really going to give a challenge, I don't think. Once you out level the stuff though, it doesn't really stop heh. In heavensward I had two times when I barely was under the required level for a MSQ, and by the time I started Stormblood I was like 62 or 63. Started Shadowbringers at like 75.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Buy ShB and get all that extra exp. The more exp you get the less grind you'll need for the rest of the game.

Solo quest, dungeons and end bosses will force your character to be lvl synced, so that won't be an issue.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
Buy ShB and get all that extra exp. The more exp you get the less grind you'll need for the rest of the game.

Solo quest, dungeons and end bosses will force your character to be lvl synced, so that won't be an issue.

Thanks. I'm curious, I have ARR on both PS4 and PC and switch back and forth, but I've heard you have to buy the expansions on each platform. What happens if you buy Shadowbringers on one, but sign in on the other? Does it just not let you sign in?

explewd

Nov 1, 2017
Sweden
Thanks. I'm curious, I have ARR on both PS4 and PC and switch back and forth, but I've heard you have to buy the expansions on each platform. What happens if you buy Shadowbringers on one, but sign in on the other? Does it just not let you sign in?

If you sign out in an expansion area, or if you fantasia into one of the ShB-races you won't be able to log on to the machine lacking the expansion licenses afaik.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'm about to finish ShB's MSQ. Only 2 quests to go 😭

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Get the medals!
Get the medals!
Nice job!
Nice job!
Nice job!
Nice job!
Nice job!
Nice job!

I'm pretty sure the only times I've played it since getting the Garo mounts a few months ago were all for WT
*someone dies seconds after match begins*

Good match!

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
WHM has instant heals to respond to everything and a huge holy nuke for DPS. It's hard to match the raw healing ability and simple kit without making the other healers feel samey. Also regen is the most OP healing skill in the game.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Any advice on how to get started on raiding as a GNB? I haven't even tried the Trials....just Party Finder and hope for the best?

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just started leveling my 70 SAM and it feels kind of underwhelming with both Hagakure and Ikishoten. I don't like it.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Oh it is? I was trying out the old 3 Sen rotation, replacing Hagakure with Ikishoten, and it worked out just fine. So I was confused as to how I would even use Hagakure now.
Hagakure is basically just there for Sen management now, like if you have 2 Sen but Higanbana is about to fall off and you need to get back to it quickly.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Oh it is? I was trying out the old 3 Sen rotation, replacing Hagakure with Ikishoten, and it worked out just fine. So I was confused as to how I would even use Hagakure now.
They removed Hagakure, but then ppl complained cause sometimes in dungeons or after a boss break you'd have like 2sens and you had to either do one combo for your missing sen but without buffing jinpu/shifu(depending on the sens you had), then midare, then restart, or just restart and waste the 2sens regardless, so it felt pretty bad. So they added it back in a minor patch right after release but nerfed the values a lot compared to the old ones, so it's only used for this now, and not as part of the rotation.

Same patch they re-added Energy Drain, kinda as expected. SCH nerfs for expansion, buffs 2weeks later(or 4 weeks or whenever it was I forgot).

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I've always come back late in expansions and haven't paid attention. I'm pretty into crafting and gathering right now. When would we expect new CRAFTED crafting/gathering sets to drop through the expansion?

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
I've always come back late in expansions and haven't paid attention. I'm pretty into crafting and gathering right now. When would we expect new CRAFTED crafting/gathering sets to drop through the expansion?
Should be 5.1 and 5.3, they might shake things up this patch cycle though with the introduction of Ishgard restoration in 5.1.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I should get PLD to 80 tomorrow. I should take at least one MSQ Roulette. A MSQ Roulette and Leveling Roulette will get me there for sure. Just 23 million more XP and I will be finished leveling jobs until 6.0.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Ugh, matches have been painful tonight. It's a bit annoying that AST are so far above other healers in the Feast that you feel like you are playing at a disadvantage if you have a WHM on the team... nevermind a SCH who pretty much guarantees a free win to the opposing side.

Status
Not open for further replies.