• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I have crafted. My melds are 2/2 for most but my body piece I overmelded. I don't know if I have the gil to overmeld everything :lol

Yeah, it can get expensive. I have a ton of crafting materia stocked up from doing custom deliveries every week so I usually don't have to buy that much materia for ovemelding thankfully.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
unknown.png

What a wild timeline

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
I have crafted. My melds are 2/2 for most but my body piece I overmelded. I don't know if I have the gil to overmeld everything :lol
edit: Right now I'm just trying to get as much as I can of Tungsten, and all the other new mats to try and craft the new crafting gear with out having to go broke to get it. Between NQ/HQ I'm nearing 100 for most of them already. Just finished all the other story stuff so I can just concentrate on this.
if you have alc at 80, doing syrups for yellow scripts, tinctures for whites is pretty good way to get materias(when starred even better)

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
So NIN is still bad?
Not really? First off, I'd hesitate to draw any sweeping conclusions like that from a context-less bar chart less than a week after the patch came out. We also don't know if that's rDPS or pDPS. We don't know the number of parses. We don't know what the fight(s) that's for.

But even if that chart is actually a legit representation of the state of balance (unlikely), NIN is still fine. The gap between NIN and SMN isn't really that much.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I need to figure out how to get higher stats. I'm melded with all VI for all spots but I'm 2229, 2006, and 449. :\

edit: Is this w/ the new gear or the last set? How do you have so much CP? Seems I only have like 2-3 craftsman materia versus your CP...
using the old crafting gear with the budget melds. Extra CP is from soul stone.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Game shitting the bed for everyone, or is it just me?

Edit: just me I guess, don't see anything on Reddit about it, weird, don't think my internet gave out, FFXIV just decided to 90001 then 2002 then force quit for me

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Game shitting the bed for everyone, or is it just me?

Edit: just me I guess, don't see anything on Reddit about it, weird, don't think my internet gave out, FFXIV just decided to 90001 then 2002 then force quit for me
This has happened to me several times over the past two weeks and I'm using a VPN. The infrastructure of this country sucks

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
This has happened to me several times over the past two weeks and I'm using a VPN. The infrastructure of this country sucks
This is the first time this has happened to me. Sometimes my internet drops out for a few seconds and that results in a 90002, but this specific sequence of errors hasn't ever happened to me before. Not using a VPN when I play FFXIV. Hopefully it doesn't become a recurring problem.

scy

Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, they basically just re-arranged the bottom DPS. It's still the same bad spot that ranged were already in going into the patch. All it really did was move Bard from top to bottom of the worst pile. if there's not some forced ranged physical in Ultimate or future Savage, optimal will basically be no ranged anyway.

...not that literally any of the above sentences matters outside of the narrow niche of speedrun stuff.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
That chart doesn't mean much. Only a fraction of those that even do raid are able to play at above 80th percentile. Theoretical maximums, especially for RNG dependant classes like Bard and dancer, make it a wash.

Indeed, it seems like only 20% of people who raid would be above the 80th percentile.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Wow.

Got my Facet body of crafting HQ only getting up to 81%. That was nerve racking. Filling out the rest w/ everything HQ is going to take forever, ugh. Wish my retainers could help get supplies :\

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Indeed, it seems like only 20% of people who raid would be above the 80th percentile.
I see the joke, but it made me think. Is FFlogs popular in other parts of the world? Is there a Japanese equivalent?

I would be interested to know how many names are uploaded for clears vs the clear rate statistic of a server that people determine based on achievements.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ran The Copied Factory for the first time, have to admit I found it pretty confusing in terms of the mechanics. Then again, that's how I've felt about most of the previous 24 mans when I ran them the first time, so I guess it's not that different than before. Figure I'm going to run this raid a hundred times to get all the glam I want, so hopefully it'll become a bit easier by that point lol.

Also for whatever reason, I had a tough time with the first boss seeing what direction they were facing, with all the player attack effects. Made it tough to tell what spot to go to for the boss's directional attacks. I'm kind of surprised I've never really noticed that to be an issue before (especially in 24 man's when so many players are attacking a boss at once), but it's the first time I've felt the need to turn off the animation effects to actually be able to see the boss properly.

Last edited:

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Unless they give phys ranges cast bars, don't see a problem with the easiest job to play to be at the bottom, by how much is another question

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Logged in for the first time in awhile last night and the game seems...less populated...than I remember.

When I left, I had Dancer at 80 and had just finished the MSQ. How has the class shaped up since then?

Looking to finish leveling SCH and maybe try tanking with Gunbreaker. Just got to get over tank anxiety. Or not, maybe I just stay a dedicated healer, but feels good to smash stuff sometimes.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

What a wild timeline

I believe these are 95th percentile results but still, this is the very thing I'm talking about. Nerf potencies on SAM because "we don't want them too strong" even though all they do is damage and they're a melee, meanwhile give the ranged job with easier uptime, a raise and party utility the highest DPS as well.

Come on, SE.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I believe these are 95th percentile results but still, this is the very thing I'm talking about. Nerf potencies on SAM because "we don't want them too strong" even though all they do is damage and they're a melee, meanwhile give the ranged job with easier uptime, a raise and party utility the highest DPS as well.

Come on, SE.
Them fucking up SMN rework doesn't in no way mean SAM is in a bad spot and the buffs weren't enough. SAM should be doing BLM levels of DPS, yes it's melee, but it also doesn't have to hard cast 3/4 of their abilities, and they both have the same utility(Feint/Addle). SAM is top rDPS on 3 of the 4 savage fight, only Eden Prime is heavily SMN favored(not sure why there's that much of a difference there though)

Anyway I'd wait until next week's to check actual parses, with ACT being down for most of the first 3days unless you went and got the beta build(which isn't really that easy to find tbh, googling keywords for that actually gives you a shit ton of wrong stuff), a lot of people ran their weekly savage clears without uploading parses on tuesday. Last I checked stuff for savage had like 15-20parses per class, which is a ridiculously low amount of parses to draw any sort of conclusions(there's quite a lot more now that they released the ACT patch, but a lot of players were missed, a bunch of which might be the best parsers).

You can see trends, BRD seems to have gotten fucked, although it's unclear if the low scores are only because FFlogs hasn't been updated to parse the new bard song raid buffs as rDPS, which I'd say is likely and SMN was over buffed, although it's also unclear how many of these parses were before the hotfix when you could spam pet skills every GCD for the duration of the fight.

Last edited:

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Hey so I've been playing the free trial a lot and have been enjoying it. Thinking of buying the full game but I'm a bit confused as to what the Complete Edition has over just buying the Shadowbringers expansion that should have all that I need?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Hey so I've been playing the free trial a lot and have been enjoying it. Thinking of buying the full game but I'm a bit confused as to what the Complete Edition has over just buying the Shadowbringers expansion that should have all that I need?
Complete Edition = base game (A Realm Reborn/Starter Edition) + Shadowbringers (Shadowbringers includes all previous expansions)

You can't buy just Shadowbringers if you don't already own ARR, you would be buying the expansions to a base game you do not own

Your options are to buy the Starter Edition now and Shadowbringers once you're done with that, or to buy the Complete Edition now and be set. They work out to be the same price ($20 now and $40 later, or $60 for the Complete Edition)

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

Shadowbringers doesn't come with the base game. So base game + Shadowbringers is required which the Complete Edition has.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
oh shit

5.1 added all the eueka replicas

I can now get the weapons with the non shit glow

Last edited:

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
SAM shouldn't be having blm level damage because it is far easier to play than blm at a high level. They probably overtuned SMN.

I agree with the approach of making the hard caster class the best dps job with the utility-based casters and ranged jobs being below melee. It isn't really that way now, but it does seem to be what the dev team is aiming for.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Now that people are talking about SMN, what are we supposed to be doing with these pet abilities anyway? I got too used to spamming inside GCD, find it very hard to figure out where to slot them in now.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Does anyone have crafting macros for leveling a crafter (carpenter) from level 72 up?
I made white oak amulets?(the first leve) all the way to 80 and used this:
/ac Reflect <wait.3>
/ac Manipulation <wait.2>
/ac Ingenuity <wait.2>
/ac "Preparatory Touch" <wait.3>
/ac "Great Strides" <wait.2>
/ac Innovation <wait.2>
/ac "Byregot's Blessing" <wait.3>
/ac Reuse <wait.2>
/ac Ingenuity <wait.2>
/ac "Careful Synthesis" <wait.3>

check on teamcraft with your stats, can also drop the reuse out...

scy

Oct 25, 2017
My understanding of the new SMN is 4x EA per filler cycle and otherwise business as usual just with better freedom on Ruin 4 procs. Basically, they're kind of freely available for movement so the goal is just getting 4 per cycle without overcapping charges.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question about monk. Against dungeon mobs do I wanna be on Riddle of Wind or just keep fire?

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Ok cool. I'll keep doing that then. GL4 feels great.
To be more precise, you want to do fire until you're at 3, then switch to wind to get to 4. If you lose your stacks(trial, first fight, death etc), you want to switch back, since before you're at 3 you're just losing the fire dmg bonus for nothing.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
someone told me to talk to alisae

it gives me great joy to know there i a non 0 chance she yeeted a dog at something

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be more precise, you want to do fire until you're at 3, then switch to wind to get to 4. If you lose your stacks(trial, first fight, death etc), you want to switch back, since before you're at 3 you're just losing the fire dmg bonus for nothing.
Yeah that's what I've been doing. I still miss the old RoW though. Am I right to assume TK is basically useless now? I only use it when I know it'll basically kill a boss, final boss if it's a dungeon.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
So is max battle high farming a strat now in pvp? We just got balled by flames in alliance pvp and they had several max battle high ninjas running around sniping people with ninjutsu. They were obnoxiously difficult to kill as well.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
oh shit

5.1 added all the eueka replicas

I can now get the weapons with the non shit glow

Yup. Maybe the best thing of the patch for me. I love the Eureka DRK sword but the glow is too much even though I love pinks and purples. This way I can have a cool looking DRK sword AND when I dye it I can see the dye!

Status
Not open for further replies.