• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
New game plus is out it's just missing the ARR stuff since they didn't want to bother with it while reworking ARR.

Blue Mage and the new Frontlines map are due in December.

XBtfZQvgusvq9b4sNeMnMh48gk.jpg

Ohh, so is the Marlboro mount from new game plus like people speculated?

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that sucks because I don't have fun playing blue mage. :(

Does NG+ give anything?

No its literally a more advanced "Unending Journey" where you can replay scenarios as if they were never done, but without literally any reward including quest EXP. It was created in response to people constantly wanting to redo certain ingame scenarios like the Naadam in Stormblood but couldn't because it wasn't a cutscene or couldn't see in game text outside of cutscenes with important scenario info.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Played this during the " boss battle " fairy mission

With the entire aesthetic of the area changed because of all that darkness, it fit

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
One of the RAM sticks in the new PC is having a problem and I had to RMA both sticks. If I hook a keyboard and mouse up to my PS4 will all my hot keys carry over?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
One of the RAM sticks in the new PC is having a problem and I had to RMA both sticks. If I hook a keyboard and mouse up to my PS4 will all my hot keys carry over?
Maybe?
na.finalfantasyxiv.com

Patch 4.45 Notes | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

Patch 4.45 Notes

There's a system, but it didn't work on PS4 when it launched, although that was a year ago. Don't know if the system supports inter-platform setting backup or only intra-platform, either
If your PC isn't working at all/can't boot up FFXIV, though, there's nothing you can do, it's a manual system

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Spent a little time messing around with Restoration of Ishgard. I like the idea though I'm not big on crafting so I don't expect to return to it, at least until they roll gathering into it.

It is proving to be a nice way to make some money while gathering though.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
This ultimate seems tougher than the previous two. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK at the second trio with the limit cut. How is it even possible to react? It just happens so fast.... how do you plan positions for this? Watching Jp streams fail to this and I feel so bad xD

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on whether you uploaded your settings to the cloud using the backup function on the character select menu.

EN_20181025_yn_04.jpg

Hotkeys, gearsets, macros, the hud, and nearly every other setting are saved locally. If you uploaded them or can still boot the pc to upload them (note that there's two settings, system settings at the very top and character specific settings next to your character name) they should transfer over to ps4 after you restore them.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Been boosting the craft jobs with this event and wow, crafting is actually fun when you can reliably gather and craft the things you need instead of going "Ok, I need X and Y ... I can make Y but my completely unrelated job can't make X yet so I gotta buy X off the MB ... and it cost more than just buying the end product sooo fuck."

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow the final expansion to the pixie area is breathtaking. Got my mount and minion and the story with them was fantastic too. Final mission was great, pretty cool final fight. How the hell does this game just deliver and deliver?

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
No date. It's so far off they didn't even announce it with the rest of the games, just off hand in an interview.

I have never gone from such highs to such lows so fast. I desperately want to play this at 60fps 4k on my x

TBH it sounds to me, at least at first impression, as "FFXIV is coming to Scarlett." I can't imagine why they would bother developing the game for the XB1 at this point so late in the gen. The language used, saying "to Xbox" is just so specifically vague to me that I feel like if it was coming to XB1 anytime soon they would've explicitly named the console.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
TBH it sounds to me, at least at first impression, as "FFXIV is coming to Scarlett." I can't imagine why they would bother developing the game for the XB1 at this point so late in the gen. The language used, saying "to Xbox" is just so specifically vague to me that I feel like if it was coming to XB1 anytime soon they would've explicitly named the console.

cause coming to Xbox One also means it's coming to Scarlet. No need to lose those potential customers by going Scarlet exclusive. I would be incredibly shocked if it was exclusive.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

Considering Scarlett will be fully backwards compatible, I highly doubt SE will bother to make a totally new version. It wouldn't really be any different than an X/pro enhancement option in the settings I would think.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Considering Scarlett will be fully backwards compatible, I highly doubt SE will bother to make a totally new version. It wouldn't really be any different than an X/pro enhancement option in the settings I would think.

Yeah, I suppose it all depends on how the backwards compatibility even works, which might not be the way we conventionally think. If it's just "this game works on both consoles but the Scarlett version has a graphics pack" then that makes sense.

Justin

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, Washington
Is the Ultimate beaten yet? Also Bahamut took the longest I'm guessing?

Not even close from what we can see from the people streaming. The group that is the furthest spent 12 hours beating their heads against the second Limit Cut phase yesterday and made about 5 seconds of progress in that time. They are about 8 minutes into a fight that is expected to last 16 to 18.

I believe this is still the clip that shows the furthest point anyone am has gotten unless progress was made overnight

UCoB took 11 days
UWU took 5 days

Naru

May 11, 2019
Where can I get the Sky Pirate set which should be available now for everyone?

Edit: I am an idiot. AH of course...

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
Maybe?
na.finalfantasyxiv.com

Patch 4.45 Notes | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

Patch 4.45 Notes

There's a system, but it didn't work on PS4 when it launched, although that was a year ago. Don't know if the system supports inter-platform setting backup or only intra-platform, either
If your PC isn't working at all/can't boot up FFXIV, though, there's nothing you can do, it's a manual system
Shoot that was what I was afraid of. I already removed the ram and shipped it.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Finally beat ARR. Felt like it would never end but I did enjoy the ending bit. Still finding the story a little to kingdom hearts ish.

I just started Heavensward and I've read that it gets much better from this point on and less fetch quests?

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Finally beat ARR. Felt like it would never end but I did enjoy the ending bit. Still finding the story a little to kingdom hearts ish.

I just started Heavensward and I've read that it gets much better from this point on and less fetch quests?
You're in for several emotional rollercoasters going forward.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Balmung already finished this "phase" of the Ishgard restoration and it's just done? No more Fates, just turn ins. This seems way too fast.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
That, uhh, sounds really fucking dumb

Nothing more until 5.2, assumedly?

I found the image, and it sure sounds like that's it for a while:

xdgrnbjukty31.png

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even taking into account the world visit nonsense causing trouble, that's still not a lot of content for something like this.

Hopefully they make it take longer for the next phases. ShB's in need of long-term content, what with the relic seemingly nowhere in sight.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I definitely hadn't considered that a world would be able to wrap up the first chunk of the Restoration in less than a week. I figured it would've been tweaked to take a real long time.

I wonder how long they were actually expecting it would take for a world to finish.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Even taking into account the world visit nonsense causing trouble, that's still not a lot of content for something like this.

Hopefully they make it take longer for the next phases. ShB's in need of long-term content, what with the relic seemingly nowhere in sight.

This is FF14. People will clear anything in as little time as possible, no matter how much time YoshiP -thinks- something should take.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That was cleared quicker than I was expecting with the way progress was generally going. But then teams are progressively getting better the more Ultimates they release.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
So, that it for the Ishgardian Restoration already until next patch? They could have stretched that out a bit further.

Status
Not open for further replies.