• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
At long last, I think I'm finally done with my weekly Copied Factory runs. Maybe one day I'll go back for the head armor pieces, but for now, I got what I wanted for the healing, casting, and aiming sets. Just need to figure out some good dyes for these (wish the pure white dyes weren't so expensive). I think this and Orbonne Monastery have been my favorite 24 mans to run up to this point, but I'm ready to take a break from it.

aMT63rK.png

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
One of the best things about this game isn't just playing it, it's seeing other people play the game and go through the story.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
At long last, I think I'm finally done with my weekly Copied Factory runs. Maybe one day I'll go back for the head armor pieces, but for now, I got what I wanted for the healing, casting, and aiming sets. Just need to figure out some good dyes for these (wish the pure white dyes weren't so expensive). I think this and Orbonne Monastery have been my favorite 24 mans to run up to this point, but I'm ready to take a break from it.

aMT63rK.png

The Casting body is the best piece from that raid.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
This and the aiming chest piece are nearly impossible to win if you aren't queued as one of those jobs because everyone wants them

I actually got all of them (casting, aiming, and healing) rolling as a WHM, and I wound up never needing to run this raid as a DPS (as I originally planned to do to get the casting and aiming pieces). Oddly enough the last piece that was the hardest for me to get was the healer leg piece, mostly because it never seemed to show up. I think sometimes you can get pretty lucky with the weekly lockout, as it potentially 'thins out' your competition on rolls (especially rolling on stuff towards the end of the raid run).

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Just finished up the Omega raid chain. Pretty cute and sweet ending. Tons of fan service, with Sigmascape being my favorite by far, especially the first fight.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Judging from past xpacs, when can we then expect 5.3, 5.4, 5.5 and the next xpac announcement?

I have no idea what their schedule usually is or how far in advance they announce xpacs :(

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Major patches are generally 3.5 months apart on average. Expansion announcements occur with the first FanFest - an official FFXIV convention held every 2 years. Shadowbringers was announced in November 2018 at the Las Vegas FanFest, so look to around that time this year for the announcement of 6.0.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I got a DRK Lux weapon with my DRK at lv60. Thanks Eureka!

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Been messing around with BLU a bit and while it seems like the job is in a much better place than it was previously it's kind of a bummer to me that they've pushed it towards group content when they initially sold it as being primarily solo based.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Hey Era. I'm looking to get into this game as a casual player (married and father of 2 young kids so my playtime is quite limited, probably can spare 2-3 hours in the evenings a few times a week, UK/GMT timezone). I know it is going to take me a long time to get anywhere, but can anybody recommend the best use of my time whilst playing, also is there anybody willing to hook up and show me the ropes in game? I will be playing on PC (Steam version) using a XB1 controller, comfy couch mostly.

Many thanks guys, will hopefully see some of you online soon!

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Era. I'm looking to get into this game as a casual player (married and father of 2 young kids so my playtime is quite limited, probably can spare 2-3 hours in the evenings a few times a week, UK/GMT timezone). I know it is going to take me a long time to get anywhere, but can anybody recommend the best use of my time whilst playing, also is there anybody willing to hook up and show me the ropes in game? I will be playing on PC (Steam version) using a XB1 controller, comfy couch mostly.

You'll want to mainly focus on the main scenario quests (i.e. the main story). Most of the game's side content is locked behind it (and the story is awesome so you should do it anyway). Obviously if you really want to do side quests or crafting or something you can, but you can ignore most of that stuff until you hit 80 if you want. Just do quests with the little meteor symbol (main story quests) and ones with blue bubbles (unlock a feature or dungeon or something else). A lot of us are on Ultros, but that's on an NA datacenter (Primal), so you'd probably be playing at off hours for a lot of the FC.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK

I'm in UK and play on the FC ultros server which is a NA server have no issues with lag or anything if want pop on that one. Just do main story take time and relax enjoy it if feel getting burned out take a break

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They actually said we are only getting one dungeon per patch from now on. So uh...I dunno what ex roulette will be in 5.2.

Going off of precedent from old patch notes, probably just The Grand Cosmos and the new dungeon, lol.

The main story quests are the main draw, and is what most of the game's content is related to. My longer sessions are about an hour or hour-and-a-half long, so don't worry too much about not getting anywhere. You'll probably want to play a tank or a healer, to maximize your actual playtime, though. DPS queues can get long.

It's a slow burn, and nothing other than the seasonal events really ever go anywhere, so take your time.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Judging from past xpacs, when can we then expect 5.3, 5.4, 5.5 and the next xpac announcement?

I have no idea what their schedule usually is or how far in advance they announce xpacs :(

If they keep around the same schedule they have in the past, 5.2 should be Feb. 18th, 5.3 June 6th, 5.4 Sept. 29th and 5.5 Jan 19th 2021. Next expansion would be in June 2021.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Sigh...got into 5th floor of Lyhe Ghiah twice and both time it spits out orchestrion. Is there anything else that you can only get here aside from this and Fuath minion? Because this is really disappointing as someone who frequent Uznair.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Been messing around with BLU a bit and while it seems like the job is in a much better place than it was previously it's kind of a bummer to me that they've pushed it towards group content when they initially sold it as being primarily solo based.

I was fine with the original pitch of BLU as a weird side passion project thing they wanted to work on that would be intentionally unbalanced and a mostly solo experience so it could both give people something to do in their spare time, live up to the original vision of a Blue mage, and not take much development time and resources. But then most people dislike it, they've rebalanced it like twice, and now are trying to orient it towards group activities which is totally contrary to what it was before. It's hard for me to not feel like it's a huge waste of development time and attention I would prefer to be elsewhere.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Snagged myself a Lux relic on a level60 job. Proceeded to hit level63 w/ roulettes.

8HjGcoi.png

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Sigh...got into 5th floor of Lyhe Ghiah twice and both time it spits out orchestrion. Is there anything else that you can only get here aside from this and Fuath minion? Because this is really disappointing as someone who frequent Uznair.

The enchanted elm lumber for the flying bed mount and Shell leather for the new coat glamour are the big jackpot items. They don't show up much!

I was fine with the original pitch of BLU as a weird side passion project thing they wanted to work on that would be intentionally unbalanced and a mostly solo experience so it could both give people something to do in their spare time, live up to the original vision of a Blue mage, and not take much development time and resources. But then most people dislike it, they've rebalanced it like twice, and now are trying to orient it towards group activities which is totally contrary to what it was before. It's hard for me to not feel like it's a huge waste of development time and attention I would prefer to be elsewhere.

The Masked Carnivale levels are awesome and for my money the best solo content in the game, but I wonder how many people are actually doing them. I would have loved 25 new Masked Carnivale stages with a good reward at the end instead of 5. This new update does freshen up all the old ARR and HW dungeons and raids and I'm enjoying doing them again in blu parties.

Last edited:

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I'd like to go to the fan fest but damn them tickets be expensive and sell fast.

The FFXIV floor at gamescom was so hype.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Are we getting new food and pots with the next patch or it's safe to stock up for the new Savage now?

It'll be easy once you get used to it.
I find it helps to jump at an angle.

Trying to make straight forward jumps seems to lead to me either overshooting it or barely moving forward and falling back to the start.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
General rule of thumb is if there's an ilvl increase new food and pots come with it as well.

Hoping 5.2 comes out a week earlier so I can get more playtime before the big games come out
I guess I should sell my current stock.
I find it helps to jump at an angle.

Trying to make straight forward jumps seems to lead to me either overshooting it or barely moving forward and falling back to the start.
That definitely helps but I usually just do it for the hardest jumps.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
this isnt a complaint, just a observation, but doing all the daily roulettes is actually a bit of a time investment, like 2ish hours (thats with a healer so its basically all in a row). But its done so let's jump on Shadowbrigners then, wish me luck!

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I was totally into the original idea as I tend to play the game pretty casually so the idea of unique solo content sounded great. So seeing it get rebalanced and changed into a group thing is kind of a bummer.

It's great that it sounds like people enjoy some of the new challenges they've built around it but it's a shame that rather than SE tweaking it to make it better fit their own vision they've seemingly totally changed course.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I know this is going to sound abit vain but does anyone get a lil self conscious when you don't get comms for tanking?

I feel like thats giving me a bad performance report :(

Although I know a lot of people probably don't bother with it and thats fine.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I only do daily roulettes if I'm leveling or need tomestones.

I'm always leveling, always a side project :p

you really shouldn't be doing all of them. The 50/60/70 one is pretty pointless and gives bad xp.

yeah I know, there's 2 that are absolutely worth it xp wise, MSQ and Leveling dungeons (strangely since you would think that was more for under 50 jobs but no), the alliance one also gives ok-ish xp (like 4 or 5mill at 78) the rest are trash like u say, but im an idiot what can I say.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
When I started ShB I only did the leveling roulette. No way I was gonna do a bunch of old content when I could be playing the new expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.