• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I know this is going to sound abit vain but does anyone get a lil self conscious when you don't get comms for tanking?

I feel like thats giving me a bad performance report :(

Although I know a lot of people probably don't bother with it and thats fine.

I never get commendations when I tank or heal. I'm bad at doing both.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh...

"first world problems"

giphy.gif

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Right now I'm just doing ex roulette to practice Scholar and get tokens for raid gear. Even on my DRK I'm not touching levelling roulette, it's just too fucking dull

I'll probably spam some SB dungeons on my durk to get it up to ShB levels. But I cant handle another boring low level dungeon.

As for comms somethings I get none for healing and sometimes I get all three, it's weird. Could be that some dont like that I let their hp drop a bit before healing but I got no idea. All I know is I keep seeing Paladin's use their heal spell when they have a nice excog just sitting there with like 30 seconds left on it

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Crystarium looks amazing, good first impression. Actually makes me realise, Stormblood didnt even have a "hub type city" did it? Not like Ishgard or now this.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Kugane felt far more like a city than Crystarium, that was actually the worst thing about ShB imo

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I love waiting for sprouts to finish watching dungeon end-cutscene hoping for comm only for them to just bail.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
you know what? This explanation why Gil works here was completely unnecessary, but I very much apreciate it lol

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
I resubbed recently just because. Said I was gonna take a year off, but a couple months will suffice lol. Switched from dps to tank and GNB is a lot of fun.

Think I'm gonna stick with tanking with the time I allot for gaming. Allows me for quick queues and it feels refreshing to main another role.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It just hit me today that maybe skipping Savage content was a mistake. I still need three more runs of The Copied Factory to complete the left side of my gear and have it at 470. I thought I'd be done but then I remembered the right side. So that's 4 more on the right side meaning 7 freaking runs in total. And that's just my healer. Taking into account the alts that share gear, that's still 6 more sets of gear I have to get. In Stormblood I at least did the first tier of the Savage raids which really sped up the process thanks to all the accessories I was getting that I didn't need to worry about upgrading. Maybe I should just get back to doing Savage but goddamn is it frustrating.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
The staff member who deserves a place in hell is the guy who was behind the uninvited quest.
Oh floor aoe markers you dodge nope get hit no matter what then it gives a debuff. Fuck you even my level 72 GNB can be ripped to shreds. Only way to win is run around in circles spamming aoe attacks and hope a aoe doesn't land on you for damage

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh they still doing this "move the camera around and click on things" bullshit? Because that was so exciting in Stormblood >_>

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
jesus
Alisaie's
initial quest line sure goes dark and disturbing near the end O_o

fuck me, that was some Dark Souls style horror.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Kugane makes me wish that at least the 3 starting cities from ARR could be combined into one zone. Ishgard you can at least get away with keeping it split as there's a clear major verticality difference in the two zones...

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Snae ling.

I do not. Alisaie looking good tho.

edit: just found out you can resize individual UI pieces O_o even just reducing stuff to 90% looks much tidier.

If you don't know, you can also change the job gauge to a simplified one. For example.

Big Ol' Dragon DRG Gauge:

jWx8Ojv.png

vs. the Simplified one:

CByuQ4g.png

Some gauges I really don't mind, others are just unnecessarily big and ornate, so it's nice to have something like this.

Kugane makes me wish that at least the 3 starting cities from ARR could be combined into one zone. Ishgard you can at least get away with keeping it split as there's a clear major verticality difference in the two zones...

It's probably considered a lot more work than's worth, but it'd be nice, yeah.
At least go fix Limsa, because I still hate navigating that place.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Snae ling.

If you don't know, you can also change the job gauge to a simplified one. For example.

Big Ol' Dragon DRG Gauge:

jWx8Ojv.png

vs. the Simplified one:

CByuQ4g.png

Some gauges I really don't mind, others are just unnecessarily big and ornate, so it's nice to have something like this.

I do know that and I don't like it, one of my favorite things is that each job has it's unique gauge :(

Deleted member 18021

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do know that and I don't like it, one of my favorite things is that each job has it's unique gauge :(

I keep the original gauge on most classes for the same reason, but then there are jobs like Paladin, where it's just literally a bar with a number anyway, so might as well minimize how much of the screen it takes up.

Size is a bit of a concern, since I keep it vaguely close to the upper-right of the center of the screen, lol.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
who is the Shadowbringers narrator? is it
the warrior of darkness?
Sounds like him.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's kinda crazy how I've gotten MCH from 70 to 75 with just the Pixie beast tribe dailies while leveling other jobs. I think by the time I finish getting GNB and DNC to 80 it's gonna be pretty close to 80 as well.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is going to sound abit vain but does anyone get a lil self conscious when you don't get comms for tanking?

I feel like thats giving me a bad performance report :(

Although I know a lot of people probably don't bother with it and thats fine.
I do as well, but only because tanking is my least comfortable role and I need the positive reinforcement. I almost always commended my tanks when I was leveling all healers and I always commended my healers when I was leveling Paladin.

The rare times I would change that up were when the tank or healer was already a battle mentor and someone else needed the comms more or someone else did something unusually extraordinary. So I just sort of have that natural expectation of others and it does make me feel like I did something wrong if I get no comms on tank, even if deep down I know everything went as well as it could have.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Help me out yall,
im doing the anima weapon quests and i think im getting near the end (getting the Cronus for DrK), im at a quest that tells me to strengthen its aetheric whatever by doing various activities, but no actual list of what would work.

Googling it has led me to a couple ideas but no comprehensive list, yall know what works best for it.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
That lil guitar riff that plays every time you accept a quest in Shadowbringers is pretty damn funny.

"You just accepted a quest!! Yeaaaaaah, baby!"

*small fireworks go off*

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
*shadowbringers spoilers*

The lovable traveling merchant from the ARR intro is dead?

Alright, just need to find whoever is behind this and kill them and everybody they know. This is a blood feud now.

Deleted member 18021

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The regular ShB battle theme is so bad it's good, imo.
Insatiable's pretty good, though.

The Trial and Raid boss music are aces, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.