• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty much confirms that 5.2 comes out on the 18th but they're not saying anything or updating the special site. 😴

Rikalaus

Oct 30, 2017
While i think of it if the cross server linkshell idea for EU doesnt work i dont mind setting a EU discord server up

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Astrid has my sword and shield.

x8Y0vgU.gif

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
How are you doing Titan that you're dropping a GCD outside of transitions?
The part where Titan is zooming around in go-kart mode and repeated landslides, forcing you to be on the move?

Let's use some other situations to drive it home. Ravana during orbs phase. Any dungeon where you want to attack an enemy that's further than melee that's near death but want to save jumps. Any mechanic where you need to hide and the hide point is too far beyond melee to stay glued until the last second. Leviathan when tidal wave is forcing you to run out of melee range. Copied Factory during first boss when the tank is slow to move it out of AoE, third boss if the AoE combo forces you to stay out of melee for a few seconds or reaching the remaining ADD during ADD phase, or final boss during tanks and he's charging his attack, during the floor square AoEs, during ADD phase. Yeah a lot of the time your combo will be in a better position so PT won't be a DPS gain, but the longer time out of melee range is, the more useless it is to hold onto a combo move. Doom Spike, Sonic Thrust, and Coerthan Torment are all technically line AoEs that can miss enemies that are moving during a tank pull, so if you aren't in a good position to use them in that moment you can use Piercing Talon while you reposition or catch up to the pull. It has its place in the toolkit even if it's a very basic skill. If Doom Spike was altered to hit the enemy it's targeting regardless of movement then it would replace it. Maybe in a future patch it could become an alternate combo starter and it would become a semi-regularly used ability. I don't think it's terrible though.

Last edited:

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Can we get the gospel of Bert spreading on Ultros? We don't want boring Astrid to win.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Are glamor plates supposed to be buggy right now? Getting a lot of "your glamor couldn't be restored" even though theres no reason it shouldn't be able to.

Its getting pretty annoying.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Astro still my fave healer tbh. Well I havent tried WM at 80. But yeah I just straight up prefer their tools to SCH.

- They have a filler HOT like WM (in diurnal sect at least which I use 95% of the time) which SCH doesnt and I really like to have a filler HOT for when a random dps takes random dmg, or when the pack is finished and the tank is walking way, wack a HOT on him.
- the amount of both instant AOE and instant single target they have is crazy:
- instant aoe: with lightspeed, everything is instant of course. then also a backed up horoscope, and celestial oposition. And earthly star explosion trigger if you so wish. That is a lot of quick access aoe healing.
- instant single: again, lightspeed. But also essencial dignity, and celestial oppositon for a big burst + shield followed by aspected beenfit for the hot.
- Buff cards for party utility which of course none of the other healers has.

I just love Astro.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Yeah but SCH can DPS and heal in the same gcd 24/7. Watch me be AOEing dungeon mobs and weaving a fairy tether onto the tank, popping a lustrate or two to extend the meter and hp but never stop dpsing. Or weaving in a whispering dawn & consolation during raid wide damage but never stop dpsing.

Its not even a tightrope act with SCH, it just DPS and heal all day like nothing. 😎

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
What button do I press to Marry Qeshi-Rae?

She sends me on missions to pick turds out of rocks but goddamn it, I love that woman.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I think Duty Finder is broken. The Crystal Tower Roulette has given me Dun Scaith two days in a row.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I too wanna be able to marry NPCs. I don't care if it's as basic as Skyrim's marriage. I want J'olhmyn (Ananta beast tribe cat girl) to call me her boo.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Are glamor plates supposed to be buggy right now? Getting a lot of "your glamor couldn't be restored" even though theres no reason it shouldn't be able to.

Its getting pretty annoying.

Sometimes I've gotten a similar error message when switching to a gearset tied a certain glamour plate, but then it loads the glamours just fine so I don't know why it says that. I think sometimes it gets confused when you change the glamour for a gearset via a glamour plate and don't 'save' the gearset afterwards (even if the gear itself hasn't changed), at least from what I've noticed. But it still works fine regardless for me.

Only times I've seen glamour plates not apply certain items is if that item is for a different job/class, or if you're trying to apply a glamour that has a higher lv or ilvl than what you currently have equipped.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I have finally finished leveling SMN/SCH to 80! Also finished all the role quests and the bonus quest afterwards.

Ranking for the role quests are as follows

Magic DPS > Healing > Tank > Physical DPS

Also I can't believe the content of the Level 80 SMN quest. It's a short bit but the fact that is relegated to a job quest that most players will not see is crazy.

I was wondering if we would check in on Fordola. Can't believe it was done here lmao

Sevyne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I've gotten a similar error message when switching to a gearset tied a certain glamour plate, but then it loads the glamours just fine so I don't know why it says that. I think sometimes it gets confused when you change the glamour for a gearset via a glamour plate and don't 'save' the gearset afterwards (even if the gear itself hasn't changed), at least from what I've noticed. But it still works fine regardless for me.

Only times I've seen glamour plates not apply certain items is if that item is for a different job/class, or if you're trying to apply a glamour that has a higher lv or ilvl than what you currently have equipped.

Yeah, this is definitely what is happening I think. I also had this happen last night, but when I saved the gearset it stopped giving the message.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this is definitely what is happening I think. I also had this happen last night, but when I saved the gearset it stopped giving the message.
Thats just it though, my equipped gear hasn't changed in awhile but it still says it. It certainly seems to think thats the problem, I resave it every time but it still happens.

It just doesn't seem to want to change to the appropriate glamor and I get some weird half glamor.

Both my tanks wear the same armor but with two different glamors, this shouldn't be happening but it can't seem to deal with it.

Last edited:

Sevyne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thats just it though, my equipped gear hasn't changed in awhile but it still says it. It certainly seems to think thats the problem, I resave it every time but it still happens.

It just doesn't seem to want to change to the appropriate glamor and I get some weird half glamor.

Both my tanks wear the same armor, this shouldn't be happening.

Well that certainly is strange then.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA

Both my tanks wear the same armor but with two different glamors, this shouldn't be happening but it can't seem to deal with it.

I'm not sure if this fixes your specific issue, but I've heard people use the 'link to glamour plate' option to share a gearset between common jobs and use different glamours on each one. I haven't tried it personally so unfortunately I can't be more helpful, but it's maybe something to try.

Reddit thread I found discussing it

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, linking the glamor plates to the gear sets seems to have worked.

I automatically assumed glamor plates were remembered and saved automatically (and for awhile I wasn't having any problems) but apparently there are issues if you don't link them, I guess.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I have finally finished leveling SMN/SCH to 80! Also finished all the role quests and the bonus quest afterwards.

Also I can't believe the content of the Level 80 SMN quest. It's a short bit but the fact that is relegated to a job quest that most players will not see is crazy.

I was wondering if we would check in on Fordola. Can't believe it was done here lmao

Wut...I got smn to 80 but never did the quest. I'll do it.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
*shadowbringers spoilers*

Are they seriously using this unwinnable battle crap from Stormblood again? Let me beat him, I clearly can.

This is so stupid.

Last edited:

Justin

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, Washington
*shadowbringers spoilers*

Are they seriously using this unwinnable battle crap from Stormblood again? Let me beat him, I clearly can.

This is so stupid.

As it turns out, there are many beings in Eorzea (and adjacent planes) that are an equal match to the WoL when the WoL doesn't have seven of their closest friends (by proximity) around to help. Hell, I've seen 20 WoLs get one shot by a literal pile of mud.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
As it turns out, there are many beings in Eorzea (and adjacent planes) that are an equal match to the WoL when the WoL doesn't have seven of their closest friends (by proximity) around to help. Hell, I've seen 20 WoLs get one shot by a literal pile of mud.
At least this guy is a lot cooler.

That helps this time.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I realize I haven't actually posted in here before lol

I'll try and keep this short but, after basically never playing an mmo and trying ffxiv out in both 2014 (7 day trial) and 2016 (1 month), I've gotten into ffxiv these last few months in a very big way (entirely thanks to Sabas doing a giveaway lol)

I've been having a blast, even going through the "bad" content (the second half of ARR MSQ and the 100 quests that follow) was fun and it's only gotten better from there
heavensward was a huge improvement in terms of storytelling and the post-heavensward was all-around fantastic, and while stormblood hasn't been hitting as hard for me, it has improved as I've gone through it (stormblood spoiler: just reunited with Yugiri)

job wise, I played the trial as an archer and made a new character when I bought the game (and more recently used my free fantasia to make him a catboy lol)
I played WHM throughout ARR but started to find it to be a bit too stressful, swapped to RDM at 50 and loved it but started to get a bit bored by it, but then I unlocked DNC at 60 and I adore it and made it my main (while still leveling RDM for fun and for the job quests)

I've dabbled in a bunch of the other jobs but I still love RDM for caster and DNC for ranged
I wanted to try out a melee DPS and I finally gave SAM a proper try last night and it's super fun and (thankfully) not that complicated once you get the basics down

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017

Wut. Guess I have to level SMN now.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Its like a MOBA: kill the enemy's crystal. Main gist is to hold the the train in the middle of the map to get fuel to use the robots at the base. Then you get in the robot and use siege weapons to destroy the towers.

You are better off ignoring the train if the reward is gobbiejuice (adrenaline + 1 soaring stack). Stay on the lanes and help your mammets reach the enemy tower/core. Enemy mammets can give up to 20 CE depending on how much damage your party did to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.