• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
or tbh, anything. Its a pic of a cool looking background but it gives nothing away in of itself. The fact that people said spoiler made it one. That pic could've been a cool reveal pic at the first fanfest and people would gave no clue what it was about

Yeah no... You can tell something is up the moment you see that picture.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I only know it's a spoiler because people said it's a spoiler lol

How hard is it to get the Rathalos mount and if I have just started Stormblood how far away am I from being able to get it? It looks so cool.

I take it the Palico drops from it as well? I've onky ever seen like two in my time playing. I'm kind of addicted to minions.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
What SAM gear is worth glamouring? I don't do crafting or gathering because it puts me to sleep so I usually have to market board glamour gear.

Here's some of the stuff I use, there's some really cool stuff I wanna work with in shadow bringers, but I havent leveled up my sam yet,
pznrZ9V.jpg

eUIPrsQ.jpg
xnG06ku.jpg

QMODYE8.jpg
JFdK8v1.jpg

rkul5FJ.jpg

cyress8

Avenger
I pretty much stopped playing before the first expac came out (heavensward?) If I buy Shadowbringer will it unlock the rest like Everquest or do I need to buy them all separately?

I'm on the fence about grabbing this to catch up while I'm doing downtime with GW2.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I only know it's a spoiler because people said it's a spoiler lol

How hard is it to get the Rathalos mount and if I have just started Stormblood how far away am I from being able to get it? It looks so cool.

I take it the Palico drops from it as well? I've onky ever seen like two in my time playing.

Palico is actually from the quest I believe.

The Rathlos mount can be obtained by killing Rathalos (Extreme) 50 times or getting lucky and it dropping and winning the roll.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
or tbh, anything. Its a pic of a cool looking background but it gives nothing away in of itself. The fact that people said spoiler made it one. That pic could've been a cool reveal pic at the first fanfest and people would gave no clue what it was about.

But you should've put it spoiler tags
Let's not be reductive fam, it's literally one of the last things you see in the entire game, and it's cool as fuck when you see it. Saying nobody would care if Yoshi showed it is ridiculous - Yoshi WOULDNT show it and didn't.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Palico is actually from the quest I believe.

The Rathlos mount can be obtained by killing Rathalos (Extreme) 50 times or getting lucky and it dropping and winning the roll.

Oh cool nice that the Palico is easy to get at least. I was quite lucky with the horses so maybe that will happen again whenever I get there.

i've been using a controller this whole time, and i never realized this was a thing. i'm really bad at reading menu options apparently.

I was the same but believe me it makes things so much easier.

PRjumpman124

Apr 9, 2018
Any female dancer glamour recommendations? I've been using the Thavnairian set but I see more and more people using that.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Question: YoshiP mentioned they were planning on not showing this game's final hub town because it would be too big of a spoilers. Is Eulmore our Idyllshire this time? That's kind of disappointing...or has the actual new-Idyllshire not been revealed yet?

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thou must needs return to mine domicile in the Waking Sands.

As a healer I've never been the type to expect bigger pulls. I sometimes get tanks that pull small then I guess after some observation they pull big, or they ask before pulling big, pull big in the beginning without asking at all, or they just one mob at a time pull the whole way. I'm honestly fine with any style though I would prefer the tank to let me know at the start if they do big pulls so I know how to approach things.

I do ever so often get dps who run ahead and pull a mob to the tank who is one mob at a time tanking. I hate this because it makes the tank work harder than maybe they're used to or want to. I would never encourage a tank to do bigger pulls because I know a lot of them find it stressful.

DPS accidents do exist for what it's worth. Dancer's dance AoE is larger than it looks, and I've tab-targetted as Bard and shot things way off in the distance by mistake more than I care to count, lol. Buuuut some people are going to be passive-aggressive assholes and backseat tank, which is when the Shirk comes out. The tank sets the pace, and if you want them to go faster or slower, just speak up and ask them in a nice manner.

I'll usually just pull doubles by default unless someone says something.

Any female dancer glamour recommendations? I've been using the Thavnairian set but I see more and more people using that.

Part of the problem with DNC is that none of the Aiming sets really scream "Dancer!", and there's like 20 levels before you can get your AF. Thus most people default to the Thavnairian Bustier.

I think the Brightlinen set looks nice. It's a recolor of the old Star Velvet Himation set.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I was really hoping we could finally get a hub town (as in the one you go to spend your tomes) that actually had a market board and inn.

No lie, I was actually skeptical that Eulmore was the new hub town specifically because it lacks both of those things and after Rhalgr's Reach I felt like they HAD to have learned their lesson.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A form of throwing a tantrum, and still toxic in an ex pf group.
No it's not, I don't flame anyone I ask for a 15 second countdown, if they refuse I just leave the group. It's not "throwing a tantrum" it's literally the opposite because and it isn't toxic. I do not owe it to you to stay if you cannot do what I request. I main AST, when I don't get at least 15 seconds, it throws my entire Divination rotation completely off because I won't have draw off cooldown, will have to struggle to properly stance dance prepull and still try and get my star down -5s to cover first raidwide.

It's just shitty when you have a very precise opener timings, and if you can't be assed to accommodate that, I can't be assed to stick around.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
No lie, I was actually skeptical that Eulmore was the new hub town specifically because it lacks both of those things and after Rhalgr's Reach I felt like they HAD to have learned their lesson.
At least it looks better than RR, I do wonder why they split town features between crystarium and this place, would have been cool to not have to teleport to crystarium all the damn time.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
No it's not, I don't flame anyone I ask for a 15 second countdown, if they refuse I just leave the group. It's not "throwing a tantrum" it's literally the opposite because and it isn't toxic. I do not owe it to you to stay if you cannot do what I request.
I was with you for a while man. You lost me though, just because you think you need a 15 sec timer doesn't mean everyone will. I'm not saying it wouldn't help I'm saying what if they truly don't think you need one? Does that make them bad? What if they've done extreme rather successfully without them?

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I knew that it would be when I first saw Not-Rowena, lol. I don't hang out there for the same reason, though. It drops the FPS pretty severely on my PS4.

I do miss the evolving-by-the-patch endgame hubs.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I do not owe it to you to stay if you cannot do what I request.
This is the most toxic attitude you can possibly have.

You know as well as I do how fucking annoying it is to be in a PF group, have one clown leave, and have to ditch the dungeon, go back into the finder, get another person, requeue, etc.

Oh wait, no you don't, cause you're the clown causing that bullshit in the first place.

Again, this is the lowest hanging fruit of 'hard' content, in EX trials. Your fraction of a dps loss, does not matter.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah don't get me wrong it's great and I'm loving the way it currently plays (it's arguably the best it has ever been from a fun standpoint), it's just a lot of effort compared to almost every other job and incredibly difficult to optimize.

We lost everything we had (smoke, shade, our Silence) but Trick Attack. Granted, Trick Attack more than compensates our low damage in organized groups but it definitely doesn't at a PUG level. I wouldn't say NIN has "very high utility" anymore. We're the best DPS in fights that last 15s though.

Okay was making sure, I heard them say we had great utility and I'm like "I'm pretty sure we lost almost everything we had that would count" granted the best thing was trick attack which remains. What did they do or what was the reason for dumping all utility attacks? Since I'm casual I don't really care that much but its nice to know their thought process for the class going forward. At this point it just looks like a "feel cool" doing DPS class.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I knew that it would be when I first saw Not-Rowena, lol. I don't hang out there for the same reason, though. It drops the FPS pretty severely on my PS4.

I do miss the evolving-by-the-patch endgame hubs.

I'm STILL working on updating the Doman Enclave. I've been getting so much caster and archer gear I'll never use from dungeon runs and I have nowhere to put it so I just feed it to Doma.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ptolemaios
Am I crazy here? Tanks should always do at least a 10 second countdown in Ex primals or Savage. 1. It's a good alert to let people know the pull is about to happen 2. If even one person needs a countdown to make sure that their rotation/ buffs are synchronized with the rest of the party, it's a good courtesy to acquiesce.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy here? Tanks should always do at least a 10 second countdown in Ex primals or Savage. 1. It's a good alert to let people know the pull is about to happen 2. If even one person needs a countdown to make sure that their rotation/ buffs are synchronized with the rest of the party, it's a good courtesy to acquiesce.
Obviously, but that's not the same as "I refuse to do my job if they don't listen to what I said" or "I leave the group because they did 10 instead of 15"

chogidogs

Oct 25, 2017
Got the final trial for my random roulette today. Man, people getting hyped about what is currently happening to them is very infectious!

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm really feeling Samurai now. I've been getting board with Black Mage for a little while now and it's nice to be able to enjoy something else. It's also nice to have a new clothing style as well. I love the Armor in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.